Divide [Otome][Fantasy][Action]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
yoshibb
Veteran

Divide [Otome][Fantasy][Action]

#1 Post by yoshibb »

Itchio Page - Get game here!

The story takes place in a fictional world of Demons and Angels. The two sides have been warring off and on for centuries. 50 years of uneasy peace has come to an abrupt halt after diplomatic talks end with an Act of War committed by the Angels.

You'll play as Alexandria, the daughter of the Demons' Head Elder. While she is struggling to find her path in life and fighting with her father seemingly every step of the way, she runs into Aiden on the battlefield, the son of the Duke of the Angels' most populous city. Remembering him from a brief meeting as a child, Alex feels a connection to him that she can't really explain. After Aiden is taken prisoner by the Demons, Alex makes a drastic decision to save Aiden from her father's torture. She strikes a deal that would make him her personal servant. Unsurprisingly, he does not take this well. As time passes, she'll encounter problems that will change her worldview and shape her destiny, all while growing closer to an enemy that she's supposed to despise.

Alexandria

Alex is immature and headstrong often diving headfirst into things based on emotions. She is compassionate at heart but that is undermined by her hatred for her enemies. She sees Angels as a source of Demons' suffering and up until she gets to know Aiden, she has no interest in peace. However, this does not stop Alex from taking an interest in Angel culture and in particular, their architecture. It's always been one of her dreams to visit an Angel city in person one day, and she aims to achieve that goal even if she has to help take that city by force.

Aiden

While he is equally as stubborn as Alexandria, he also has the intelligence Angels are well known for. He will follow his code of honor and his morals sometimes to his own detriment. Originally a bit more open minded, his experience in war has jaded him against Demons. He is the son of a Duke but refuses to divulge any information on his family life or his home, meaning his past is shrouded in mystery.

Focar

Alexandria's father and Head Elder of the Demon council. Circumstances in the past have led him to be overprotective of his two daughters. He does everything he can to keep Alex off the battlefield without much success. His ultimate goal is to force the Angels into submission and acquire the resources that the Angels have been hoarding in order to take care of the Demon Population.

Dion

Alex's best friend since childhood and one of the few people to support her decision to become a soldier. His parents were one of the first casualties of the war, but Alex was quick to give him an invitation into her family. He's loyal to Alex to no end but can also be overprotective at times. Despite his past, he does not hate Angels as much as most of his fellow Demons, but he does not trust Aiden and makes no secret of it.

Helen

Alexandria's sister and friend. She is diplomatic, kind, and wise beyond her years. Demons have described her as the second coming of her mother. She has taken the role of diplomat once held by her mother and spends the majority of her time aiding the other Demon cities and gathering support for the war effort. She loves her sister, but deeply desires to have the warm, loving family she remembers from childhood. She sees her sister and father constantly at each other's throats, and it breaks her heart.

GUI:

Backgrounds:

Screenshots:

• - 140,000+ words and 6-8 hours worth of content
    - 20 CGs
    - 15+ BGs
    - Multiple varying endings

Author's note:
Hi all! I've been working on this game for 3 years as my first commercial project. It's been stressful but also a lot of fun. I hope to make more games in the future, but for now I hope you all enjoy Divide!

Credits:
Sprite Art, CGs, Writing, and Programming: Yoshibb (Twitter Page)
Backgrounds: Mandy Jacek (Portfolio), Adirosa (Twitter Page)
GUI and Logo: KingV (Deviantart)
Music: Ziassan (Soundcloud)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Divide [Otome][Fantasy][Action]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Woah, this looks fantastic! ^_^ Unfortunately, I'm unable to purchase things off of itch.io - are you planning to try and get this on another platform like Steam?

(The menu image is amazing, by the way.)

Arkhane
Regular

#3 Post by Arkhane »

Congratulation on finishing this game.
The demo was promizing, I'm glad to finally see it completed!

yoshibb
Veteran

#4 Post by yoshibb »

Zelan wrote:Woah, this looks fantastic! ^_^ Unfortunately, I'm unable to purchase things off of itch.io - are you planning to try and get this on another platform like Steam?

(The menu image is amazing, by the way.)
Thanks! I'll be putting it up on Steam Greenlight soon, and I will post the link here when I do. I'm also working on a mobile device version as well.

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#5 Post by YonYonYon »

I blame you for keeping me up for a whole night, bawling my eyes out and laughing like a madman.
Well done, my good person, good job. That was a very satisfying read.
ImageImage

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#6 Post by Amiralo »

I REALLY LIIKED IT
EXPECT FANART SOON.
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

yoshibb
Veteran

#7 Post by yoshibb »

YonYonYon wrote:I blame you for keeping me up for a whole night, bawling my eyes out and laughing like a madman.
Well done, my good person, good job. That was a very satisfying read.
Haha, thank you! I'm happy to see it kept you so interested!
Amiralo wrote:I REALLY LIIKED IT
EXPECT FANART SOON.
Cool! I will eagerly await it :D

Just a little update, I added a downloadable walkthrough to the itchio page for anyone who needs it.

Also, I am doing a Retweet/Reblog contest for Divide until 10 EST. If you'd like a chance at a free copy just share these posts:

https://twitter.com/Yoshebb/status/784397026410786816

http://yoshibb.tumblr.com/post/15147097 ... y-birthday

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular
Completed: The Crystal Castle
Projects: My Ninja Life

#8 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

Loved the demo! Will be getting the game as soon as I can get myself to a fast internet connection (it´s crazy slow where I live).