Omni Link [BxG] Sci-fi, Romance, top down shooter

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Roencia
Completed: 1
Projects: Omni Link
Organization: Roencia Game Creators

Omni Link [BxG] Sci-fi, Romance, top down shooter

#1 Post by Roencia »

Description:
Omni Link is a different kind of visual novel featuring space exploration, real-time combat, and choices that affect gameplay and story. Find love across the stars and learn what it takes to give everything you have for those you care about.

Story:
You play as Keb. A man of little consequence. An orphan without a past or a future. It's your first day on the job at Zaos Corporation when you encounter an alien vessel. Through a misunderstanding, your vessel explodes & binds you with an entity known as Ectype D-8, an attractive and powerful being of technology. You quickly learn that there is more to this ship and A.I. than meets the eye. The artificial intelligence is so advanced she is able to absorb energy from other ships and duplicate them. As well as use a mysterious ability called Omni Link.

This comes at a time when an entity called "The Virus" awakens near the edge of the galaxy. Suns are disappearing and planets are dying. People discover that this threat is real. However, no one knows exactly what the Virus is or has lived to tell about it.

On your journey you'll discover what it means to love and lose everything. The people you meet--a child prodigy, an ace pilot, a computer genius--will all come to depend on you to save them. Not because you're anything special... because you give everything you have.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W9-ySk ... e=youtu.be

Steam Early Access:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/529100/

Why Early Access?:
Besides my artist, and help from the game maker community, most everything else I've done alone. This includes advertisement, programming, most art, and I even wrote the theme song for the game. My excitement for the characters, the story, and gameplay has helped me work long hours. I can only do so much alone. I come to early access to involve you and ask for help. I want voice artists for the characters, more backgrounds, and art for you to enjoy. This is the only game of it's kind.

A Man without a future

Meets a woman from the past

A powerful intelligence

Links them together

Learn from past mistakes

A family to protect

Adventure leads to strength

Crazy Cactus
Regular

Re: Omni Link [BxG] Sci-fi, Romance, top down shooter

#2 Post by Crazy Cactus »

I remember supporting this effort when it was on Kickstarter - it had a nice blend of excellent gaming elements, sci-fi tones, and beautiful artwork. Very glad to see that you continued with its development!

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#3 Post by Morhighan »

I really like the art and the idea of the linking. I'm not much one for top down shooters, but I'll give it a try! :D

Roencia

#4 Post by Roencia »

Morhighan wrote:I really like the art and the idea of the linking. I'm not much one for top down shooters, but I'll give it a try! :D
I'm working on a casual difficulty mode that will make the gameplay easier if you just want to enjoy the story.

RedOwl
Regular
Projects: < /reality >
Tumblr: realityvn

#5 Post by RedOwl »

This looks really interesting - I love the art style. The faces are very appealing. It sounds like the story has a lot of potential as well.

I'm also hesitant about the shooter aspect of the game - glad to hear there will be difficulty options for those who aren't particularly interested in that aspect of the game.

Good luck with early access and continued development!

Roencia

#6 Post by Roencia »

RedOwl wrote:This looks really interesting - I love the art style. The faces are very appealing. It sounds like the story has a lot of potential as well.

I'm also hesitant about the shooter aspect of the game - ...
I wanted to mention that I made the game in such a way that this aspect can be quite easy if you want to get through it quickly. With every ship you capture, Ectype D-8 can control when you summon the ship as "support". If you start the game on casual difficulty you should be able to sit back and relax while your fleet does the job. There are however a few gameplay puzzles that take a little thought.