Tsundere-sama [GxB][Romance, Otome, Comedy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
hiko27
Veteran
Projects: Tsundere-sama (working title)
Tumblr: crappyassdrawings
Deviantart: tsunderenyan
Discord: erikaaaa#6140

Re: Tsundere-sama [Romance, Otome, Comedy, Free]

#46 Post by hiko27 »

Miss Skizzors wrote:I've actually seen a review where it points out technicalities that make Taiga not a tsundere. But just from watching without that in mind, one would view her as a tsundere. I mean, like you said, everyone does use her as an example. Besides, it wasn't a negative review. Honestly, Toradora's one of my favorite (if not my actual favorite) anime series.

Anyway, I absolutely love the idea of making the character a himedere, but there's one little issue. You would have to call her something like Hime for that to happen. Then you have to see the name "Hime" the whole time whether you want a different name or not. I guess that works, but only if you want it to be a "secret" of your game... In which case, good job putting it here. :roll:

I mean, you could have a "dere-type selection screen" if you don't mind making it so visible. That would be just as easy. Another idea would be to have a set of choices early on (or even a personality quiz) where if a certain combination occurs, it gives a yes or no confirmation of "Himedere Mode" with a definition of the term. Feel free to use my ideas without credit, obviously. I'm just trying to help out! :D
Just googled that review of yours and saw it was a video. I haven't seen Toradora, so I can't exactly say anything about Taiga. I would most likely use Akane as an example of tsundere lol.

That's true. People might not want to see specific names just so they could play a certain type. Actually, that's what I had in mind at first. It'd be sort of a secret (I mean, I'm not gonna be mean and not tell anyone, I just won't spread it as much or maybe put the code into the game itself), but yeah. That's a nice idea! But then I already had this idea of having this sort of quiz that happens throughout the first day of the game that determines how tsun/dere you are (think the gauge that's used in School Days, kind of like that). I'll probably just have to see what I can do to make these two things work together. Haha don't worry, when I finish this game, those of you who helped out will have their names credited. I mean, help is help, even if it's just putting your ideas out there. So thank you!
My art thread
links to portfolios

an otome game from a tsundere's pov

hiko27
Veteran

#47 Post by hiko27 »

Update:
ss+(2016-09-07+at+07.31.57).png
Here's another update for this year. I'm mostly finishing up Kaoru's lineart, and I've always liked having pink-haired characters. I actually got distracted with playing with color palettes, but this is not the final one (though I might stay with pink, just change the saturation and shade a bit).

Another is, thanks to Miss Skizzors' suggestion, the character can be a combination of tsundere and another type of dere. Since there are five planned guys (I have yet to post their details since it's mostly notes and scribbles), there will be five combinations: Type A, Type B, Dandere, Kuudere, Himedere. Each guy will have a specific combination that he prefers, but that doesn't mean he won't like other types.

One other update is the premise. I started out with the "you play as a tsundere" premise, with nothing much to go on story-wise, but I've managed to flesh it out. Since otoge-real is simulation and I realized I don't like simulation games (on another note, I'll probably change otoge-real to a branching storyline instead), this game will be branching instead aka common route -> guy's specific route if you manage to get on it. The story is that the protagonist stumbles upon a club that's about to disband due to lack of members, and accidentally joins it. And lol, as always, most of the members will be guys (still haven't fully expanded this part of the story).

The guys, as I mentioned before, have not been fully fleshed out, mostly because there's so many possibilities. All I can say for now is that I'm trying to make it so that each guy's interactions with the protagonist is fucking adorable.

And lastly, I might either re-do or update the protagonist's sprite because art style isn't as consistent. I've been considering just making another sprite from the start, just to make my life easier. Should really update the first post with all these new things.
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

#48 Post by hiko27 »

ss+(2016-09-12+at+09.53.52).png
Update:
Finished the lineart for Kaoru, playing around with her palette (though I'm pretty sure I'm going to be staying with her having pink hair) as well as school uniform designs. I'll also hopefully be able to post another update on the redo of the MC's sprite later today.

Also, been polishing the mechanics/gameplay of the game as well as starting on the guys' personalities and backgrounds and all that.
My art thread
links to portfolios

Miss Skizzors
Regular

#49 Post by Miss Skizzors »

Okay, legit... I'm excited for Tsundere-sama in general... but I'm kind of fangirling over the chance to be a Kuudere and a Himedere. Also, based on what you said... the guy's preference will essentially be his easy mode, right? XD

So like, Guy 1 likes Type 1 tsun, so Type 1 Tsundere gets him pretty easily, but a Himedere still has a chance with a bit more work. Likewise, Guy 2 might like Himedere, but he'll also be open to Kuudere and Type 2 tsun. Is that correct, and would any or all of the guys have any that they flat-out disliked?

hiko27
Veteran

#50 Post by hiko27 »

Miss Skizzors wrote:Okay, legit... I'm excited for Tsundere-sama in general... but I'm kind of fangirling over the chance to be a Kuudere and a Himedere. Also, based on what you said... the guy's preference will essentially be his easy mode, right? XD

So like, Guy 1 likes Type 1 tsun, so Type 1 Tsundere gets him pretty easily, but a Himedere still has a chance with a bit more work. Likewise, Guy 2 might like Himedere, but he'll also be open to Kuudere and Type 2 tsun. Is that correct, and would any or all of the guys have any that they flat-out disliked?
Haha, I'm very glad to know that! Interest in the game fuels my desire to work on it xD

And probably, I'm still not sure how easy I want this game to be. If it was easy to get one guy (ie it takes half the amount of average conversations/time to make him confess or something), then I personally wouldn't go for that guy unless he was my first choice. And if that was the case, it'd suck to "finish" the game that fast.

Some guys might even have two types that they like (ie they know they like one type but didn't know they'd like another one as much or something), or they might just be indifferent to all types (they don't care as much). And I doubt the guys will flat-out dislike any of the types, because regardless of what dere-type is mixed in, they're all still mixed with tsun. And it'd be weird for one character to dislike tsun, though now I'm beginning to consider that possibility by adding an extra character. But I'll probably do that later on when the game's finished. Don't want to bite off more than I can chew lol.

Update:
(I'm too lazy to do another post on the same day plus that just feels weird)
ss+(2016-09-14+at+02.32.13).png
I'm correcting stuff now. Mostly because I finished the previous sprite for the MC a while ago, and the style with Kaoru is too different (as if two different people drew them even though it was all me lol) so here's my report on progress. I also changed the uniform that the MC wears, mostly because she'll be going to a public school instead of a private one. The uniform I made for her initially looks like a uniform for a private school (though fun fact, she did go to a private school before the game starts so maybe I'll be able to use that for something?????).
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

#51 Post by hiko27 »

ss+(2016-09-20+at+10.39.39).png
Gotta admit, Kaoru looks better here than in the one with the lazy skin coloring. Her eyes look so pretty :D This post is more of a progress report than anything, just so I can show that I'm slowly working on it.

I'm going to try shooting for a release date for next year (not sure when exactly, prob after Anime Expo), but with having gotten busier with work (as well as the fact that holidays are coming), it's still a maybe at this point. I'm crossing my fingers.
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

#52 Post by hiko27 »

side chara-default-preview.png
Update: Finished Kaoru's sprite! It's not exactly the coloring style I was going for, but I think it's okay enough (I'm actually trying to go through this whole game just finishing it, regardless if it was perfect or not). I'll be working on the protagonist's next (which will probably be next week). Thoughts on sprite? I honestly love the skirt.
My art thread
links to portfolios

LizardRobot
Regular
Projects: A Town Called Shanty
Organization: Lizard Robot
Deviantart: lizrobot

#53 Post by LizardRobot »

Such gorgeous art! I love your foldwork, the coloring really suits it beautifully. That skirt really is amazing! The way it crinkles and floats, it feels almost like I could reach out and touch it! The edges of the sweater are really gorgeous, too. Such beautifully dimensional details! I envy your skills. :oops:

(Though... did you maybe forget the hands?)

hiko27
Veteran

#54 Post by hiko27 »

LizardRobot wrote:Such gorgeous art! I love your foldwork, the coloring really suits it beautifully. That skirt really is amazing! The way it crinkles and floats, it feels almost like I could reach out and touch it! The edges of the sweater are really gorgeous, too. Such beautifully dimensional details! I envy your skills. :oops:

(Though... did you maybe forget the hands?)
Thank you! :D Lol my fave part of the drawing is the skirt as well. And I actually did forget the hands... I had realized a few hours after posting that image, and just never got to it

Update: Not exactly an update, but more like a progress report at this point. I actually don't know if I'll be able to use that same exact sprite for Kaoru because as it turns out, my laptop's HDD decided to screw up yesterday (constant looping of blue screen of death), and I pretty much had to reinstall Windows all over again. (I'm still going to try and see if there's anything else I can salvage tho) And well, I didn't exactly back these up to my external HDD or Google Drive or Dropbox, so I'm pretty much screwed. I do have the initial SAI files to both the protagonist's and Kaoru's in Google Drive, so I will try and recreate Kaoru's as much as possible. I want to cry ;A;
My art thread
links to portfolios

LizardRobot
Regular
Projects: A Town Called Shanty
Organization: Lizard Robot
Deviantart: lizrobot

#55 Post by LizardRobot »

Oh no! :O If there's one thing I've learned from losing work due to computer issues... you already drew the thing once, you can draw it again, and maybe quicker this time because you know what you did in the first place. <3

hiko27
Veteran

#56 Post by hiko27 »

LizardRobot wrote:Oh no! :O If there's one thing I've learned from losing work due to computer issues... you already drew the thing once, you can draw it again, and maybe quicker this time because you know what you did in the first place. <3
Haha yeah... The sad thing is it's happened to me more than once, and I still haven't learned my lesson. I sometimes just get so into everything, I don't even think of uploading the file online as backup because I'm just too tired by then to do so. Lol funny thing is with the coloring... I was mostly just doing whatever looked okay, I honestly didn't know what I was doing really but because I had uploaded the thing here, I can trace over that and just copy it. I'll hopefully have a file for that in the next few weeks and I'd be able to go back to working on this again :D
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

#57 Post by hiko27 »

UPDATE: I'VE COME BACK!

I've managed to build my own PC that can take whatever I throw at it (once I get my graphics card) as well as a Cintiq tablet. I've been using it to redo the sprite for Kaoru, and it's been really helpful. So here's a screenshot of her sprite.
kaoru in-progress 1.png
I'll be changing some things in this one in terms of color (color scheme or just how i rendered it), so I'll hopefully have it done by Thursday? Will be busy the next few days D: I'll definitely be uploading every file on Google Drive so this never happens again. But aside from that, I'll be able to work more on this game (mostly because now my PC can't really hold me back). Wish me luck lol
My art thread
links to portfolios

Hanako_Ohayo

#58 Post by Hanako_Ohayo »

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I've just now come across this, and it looks really fun! I like your art style, and that's usually a big deal when I'm deciding to play a game, but the premise is really interesting too. Just a few words of encouragement, haha!

Keep it up. :)

hiko27
Veteran

#59 Post by hiko27 »

Hanako_Ohayo wrote:Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I've just now come across this, and it looks really fun! I like your art style, and that's usually a big deal when I'm deciding to play a game, but the premise is really interesting too. Just a few words of encouragement, haha!

Keep it up. :)
ahhhh thank you for the encouragement!

UPDATE FOR TODAY:
kaoru in-progress 2.png
Here's what I have for today. I've decided to actually add shoes, to make her into a full-sprite. After I've finished her sprite, I'll definitely work on the main character's. Should really work on writing and planning everything orz
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

#60 Post by hiko27 »

UPDATE:
mc-in progress 1.png
Decided to work on the game today, since I can't sleep lol. Idk how long finishing up these two sprites will be, but ehhhhh I'll get there. I will most likely also be working on the game itself tomorrow (ie just planning it out, finalizing some details about the guys, etc). Written stuff.
My art thread
links to portfolios