Ellaria: C&C [fantasy/comedy/romance] CREAM'S ROUTE UP!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
yundun63
Completed: None so far
Projects: None so far

Re: Ellaria: C&C [fantasy/comedy/romance] CREAM'S ROUTE UP!

#16 Post by yundun63 »

The art was nice and the story cute, I especially liked Cotton and Creme's interactions.

The ending really messed me up though, it was kind of an "it was all a dream!" gimmick... Needless to say I was disappointed with that, everything else was great though.

IvoryOwl

#17 Post by IvoryOwl »

I have the same problem as EndlessOcean and its preventing me from playing the game past the point where we have to make a decision about where to go (Forest vs Volcano) to get the legendary sword.

Here's the full error that I copy-pasted from the log:

While running game code:
NameError: name 'thair2backf' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 29, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\ast.py", line 805, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\python.py", line 1461, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 29, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\ui.py", line 277, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2424, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2765, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 1849, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 394, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6190)
rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 185, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2721)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 650, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 103, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3104)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 185, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2721)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\transition.py", line 500, in render
bottom = render(self.old_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 103, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3104)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 650, in render
File "renpy/display/accelerator.pyx", line 104, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render (gen\renpy.display.accelerator.c:1905)
cr = render(child, widtho, heighto, st - self.child_st_base, at)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\image.py", line 261, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\image.py", line 124, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "renpy/display/accelerator.pyx", line 104, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render (gen\renpy.display.accelerator.c:1905)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 282, in render
surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 282, in render
surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1156, in render
self.update(st, at)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1143, in update
child, redraw = self.function(st, at, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1206, in condition_switch_show
return condition_switch_pick(switch), None
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1200, in condition_switch_pick
if renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(code):
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\C&C-1.0-all\renpy\python.py", line 1485, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<none>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'thair2backf' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.8.959
C&C 0.0

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#18 Post by minyan »

I've defined that variable in so many places in an attempt to get it to recognize it, I'm not sure what else to do at this point. I've defined it in an init variable now even though that could potentially make the graphics look odd at certain points in the game. Hopefully this fixes the problem, sorry for the inconvenience.
ImageImage

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#19 Post by Rainbow Colors »

Welp, can't believe I put off playing this game for a long time. It was fun! (sorry I can't offer something more substantial) I went for Cotton's route, though I actually loved Cream's personality more. Favorite part? Ah well,
getting married to that mole person guy, whatever you call him. Poor guy hasn't ever had kindness.
And I can't find a least favorite part - or at least, I can't remember anything that ticked me off. I'm not too sure about the parts that can be improved, I'm sorry. But I would be keeping my eyes peeled for other games you might release in the future >u>
yundun63 wrote:The art was nice and the story cute, I especially liked Cotton and Creme's interactions.

The ending really messed me up though, it was kind of an "it was all a dream!" gimmick... Needless to say I was disappointed with that, everything else was great though.
I must disagree, because
some writers usually use the "it was all a dream!" gimmick as a cop-out(they couldn't be bothered to write a proper epilogue, etc.), but I didn't feel that from this game - it justified how Cream was able to drag the narrator with her all of a sudden, or why there was a bunch of seemingly useless questions at the start. It was part of the whole setting in the first place, so the fact that it was just a game seemed natural to me(not that I actually managed to think it would end like that - I was pleasantly surprised though).
Well, another reason why I enjoyed the ending was because I've always wanted someone to justify why a player like us could just waltz in a VN, click choices, and influence the life of a hopefully fictional character(because god knows I've clicked several questionable game choices in my life)... well, I'm not sure if that thought process of mine made sense to anyone else, but yeah.
now im off to replay it for the other ends yay

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

Averxy
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios

#20 Post by Averxy »

Rainbow Colors wrote:Favorite part? Ah well,
getting married to that mole person guy, whatever you call him. Poor guy hasn't ever had kindness.
yundun63 wrote:The art was nice and the story cute, I especially liked Cotton and Creme's interactions.

I must disagree, because
some writers usually use the "it was all a dream!" gimmick as a cop-out(they couldn't be bothered to write a proper epilogue, etc.), but I didn't feel that from this game - it justified how Cream was able to drag the narrator with her all of a sudden, or why there was a bunch of seemingly useless questions at the start. It was part of the whole setting in the first place, so the fact that it was just a game seemed natural to me(not that I actually managed to think it would end like that - I was pleasantly surprised though).
Well, another reason why I enjoyed the ending was because I've always wanted someone to justify why a player like us could just waltz in a VN, click choices, and influence the life of a hopefully fictional character(because god knows I've clicked several questionable game choices in my life)... well, I'm not sure if that thought process of mine made sense to anyone else, but yeah.
now im off to replay it for the other ends yay
I'm glad you liked our game!!
Brad was my favourite character... he wasn't supposed to have an ending but the writers have the power muahahahaha
Thank you for standing up for our ending!
I'm pretty sad that some people might think we were trying to cop out with the "it was just a dream" type of ending... the entire VN itself was based around the concept of a group of friends playing a game of D&D together and that's how our entire world and concept was formed.

You're exactly right, we weren't copping out but instead parodying and making something that's meant to be fun and suprising. We thought it was a fun concept and that it added a nice twist to the game. (And boy was the narration hard to write, since Narrator is supposed to be his own character but not too much of his own character haha.
Good luck with the other ends!! I hope you enjoy them just as much, and if you want to see more from us we're currently developing a VN called 'Plain' for Yuri Jam! The link is in my signature and I'd love if you could check it out <3
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by philip »

Well, I have played through many times, and the game always crashes. When you finally get it fixed, perhaps I will download it again and try to get through it. Very frustrating!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#22 Post by minyan »

I'm sorry about that, does an error message pop up?
ImageImage

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#23 Post by Rainbow Colors »

I take it back.
Sorry, Brad. Licorice wins over you by a large margin. He's adorable! A bit creepy when it think about how he's sort of waiting for her to die but, well... I suppose his first love has always been Jeffrey...? *shrugs*
Averxy wrote:Good luck with the other ends!! I hope you enjoy them just as much, and if you want to see more from us we're currently developing a VN called 'Plain' for Yuri Jam! The link is in my signature and I'd love if you could check it out <3
Sure :D I'm not one who seeks yuri but hey, there's always the plot! (i hope)

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by minyan »

Rainbow Colors wrote:I take it back.
Sorry, Brad. Licorice wins over you by a large margin. He's adorable! A bit creepy when it think about how he's sort of waiting for her to die but, well... I suppose his first love has always been Jeffrey...? *shrugs*
Averxy wrote:Good luck with the other ends!! I hope you enjoy them just as much, and if you want to see more from us we're currently developing a VN called 'Plain' for Yuri Jam! The link is in my signature and I'd love if you could check it out <3
Sure :D I'm not one who seeks yuri but hey, there's always the plot! (i hope)
Yaaaay a Licorice fan! He's my favorite too :D Of course, I'm probably biased. I quite enjoy the plot for Plain but... again, biased xD

Thanks so much for playing, and glad you enjoyed it!
ImageImage

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by philip »

@minyan-

It's the same error message reported by IvoryOwl and EndlessOcean. When I click ignore, it sends me back to the beginning of the story.

philip
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by minyan »

philip wrote:@minyan-

It's the same error message reported by IvoryOwl and EndlessOcean. When I click ignore, it sends me back to the beginning of the story.

philip

Gah this is so frustrating. I can't recreate the error so it's hard to go about fixing it- in my version the game continues as it should. I'm going to try redefining the variable in several different places because at this point I'm just not sure what else to do OTL

Sorry about this!
ImageImage

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by philip »

@minyan-

I'm sorry too! Am enjoying the story and am frustrated that I cannot continue through it!

Don't know if this helps, but I am using a mac.

philip
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by minyan »

I'm sorry too! Am enjoying the story and am frustrated that I cannot continue through it!

Don't know if this helps, but I am using a mac.

philip
Okay, I finally managed to recreate the error, and I think I fixed it. It's been updated on the site, so please give it another try!
ImageImage

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by philip »

@minyan-

Hooray! Whatever you did, that fixed it; I have been able to proceed to the current end. Will have to play through a couple of times to check all the various choices.

Thanks!

philip
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by minyan »

Hooray! Whatever you did, that fixed it; I have been able to proceed to the current end. Will have to play through a couple of times to check all the various choices.

Thanks!

philip
Thank goodness! Okay, I was half worried it still wouldn't work xD Hope you enjoy!
ImageImage