Y;N [Mystery & Psychological Horror, inkl Point&Click]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Muzozavr
Regular

Re: Y;N [Mystery & Psychological Horror, inkl Point&Click]

#46 Post by Muzozavr »

I can't believe I forgot this back then: in the full version, can you please add some sort of an "erase progress" button for those who've finished? I appreciate the "skip riddle/trial" button because it helps with hunting for endings, but once you have every single ending... you may want to replay the game and you may not want to see an immersion-breaking "skip riddle" option. Also, if you want a friend to be able to play on the same computer, you may not want them to have a "skip riddle" option, either. :lol:

Mirrowdothack
Regular
Completed: The Iron Heart Witch
Projects: Y;N, Crime•Scene

#47 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Muzozavr wrote:I can't believe I forgot this back then: in the full version, can you please add some sort of an "erase progress" button for those who've finished? I appreciate the "skip riddle/trial" button because it helps with hunting for endings, but once you have every single ending... you may want to replay the game and you may not want to see an immersion-breaking "skip riddle" option. Also, if you want a friend to be able to play on the same computer, you may not want them to have a "skip riddle" option, either. :lol:
@Muzozavr
This is kind hard to do, since I don't know where your data will be save (I know it for windows but not for linux or mac). So what you can do to reset your game is:

look for the "yin-1382548073" folder

on windows vista it's located her:
C:\Users\your_userner\AppData\Roaming\RenPy

Then delete this folder and the save folder from your "yin"-game folder. Then your game should be reseted.

Maybe there is another way to do it, but I don't know yet. Anyway I will try to figure it out^^

------------------------

In progress:
I'm going to upload a new version too which will include some your ideas, too, so stay turn in^^
My games:
Image Image

Muzozavr
Regular

#48 Post by Muzozavr »

Mirrowdothack wrote:
Muzozavr wrote:I can't believe I forgot this back then: in the full version, can you please add some sort of an "erase progress" button for those who've finished? I appreciate the "skip riddle/trial" button because it helps with hunting for endings, but once you have every single ending... you may want to replay the game and you may not want to see an immersion-breaking "skip riddle" option. Also, if you want a friend to be able to play on the same computer, you may not want them to have a "skip riddle" option, either. :lol:
@Muzozavr
This is kind hard to do, since I don't know where your data will be save (I know it for windows but not for linux or mac). So what you can do to reset your game is:

look for the "yin-1382548073" folder

on windows vista it's located her:
C:\Users\your_userner\AppData\Roaming\RenPy

Then delete this folder and the save folder from your "yin"-game folder. Then your game should be reseted.

Maybe there is another way to do it, but I don't know yet. Anyway I will try to figure it out^^

------------------------

In progress:
I'm going to upload a new version too which will include some your ideas, too, so stay turn in^^
I've been exceptionally busy because of university... well, it doesn't actually have to specifically function the way I said. Thanks for the suggestion, by the way.

I think, though, that it might be possible to simply hide the "skip" buttons. At the start of the game, you would then press "R" (for "Reset") and the "skip" buttons would hide/disappear completely, even though the save file is still there. Is this easier than trying to erase the save file?

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#49 Post by AsHLeX »

Okay! Just finished this game!
I meant to bookmark it and save it for later since I have like a 300 page book to read by like... Day after tomorrow? (For exams)
But heck. The game was so good, I said scr#w it and went ahead hahaha.

So anyway, enough of my ranting and time for reviews!

Artwise, it was great! Really loved the CG's, the character art, the backgrounds...

Storywise it was unexpected (for me, anyways) and I liked it ^_^

I was kind of jumpy throughout a lot of the scenes though. (It's not a bad thing haha. Just saying.)
(especially when my mom slammed the door open just before the timed choices) but yeah. That's just me.
Music was okay, but really suited the mood. I really love the track that was playing at the
Keith x Yin
though.
Where was the track from by the way? Did you make it yourself? (Sorry, I know it's in the credits but I didn't save and I don't want to go through the whole game just for that. >o<)

Sorry for the somewhat short review. I have a question!
So... Does Yin die in all the endings? I don't get it. Like did she sacrifice herself for Yang? And is it that the guy died *Taiyo* then after that Yin pushed Yang? Sorry i'm a bit blur. And how does Anna relate?
(Okay more than one question but still...)

So yeah! Awesome game, thanks for releasing it for free! Recommended it to my friends! ^_^

Looking forward to the continuation!

P.S: I loved that you could skip puzzles. Helped me get all the endings faster. (Especially since I didn't save lol)
Edit: Does that mean that Charon was the one who saved Yin from the spiderwoman or was it Anna.. ....?

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#50 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Hi there.
I was wondering if someone with Win 10 (64bit) could help me out.
A user has trouble playing Y;N on their pc so I was wondering if someone else has/had problems like this.
The person always gets this error:

and can't start the game.
Everything is working pretty good on my win8 right now, so I was wondering if someone else is having a problem with this game or another and found a solution for the error above.

I compiled it with the latest version of Ren'py and we tried to start the game directly via Ren'Py but nothing seems to work.

Hope you guys can help me out.
My games:
Image Image

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#51 Post by Rossfellow »

Windows 10 64bit here. I can confirm that it works. However, I had to open it from within the Renpy client. Non-Renpy users wouldnt know how to do that.

Link -- Doesn't work when I open the app from the folder directly.

Link -- Open it using the Renpy client and...

Link -- Voila!

Conclusion: You might also need a new installer for win10 64bit.

Edit: Apparently I can travel back in time.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#52 Post by Mirrowdothack »

starting i as admin help her out in the end.

---------

Some big news here:
Y;N will get voices!!!!
Oh man, I'm so excited! T^T
I'll inform u about it *runs around full of joy

My games:
Image Image

Milkymalk
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Don't Look (AGS game)
Projects: KANPEKI! ★Perfect Play★
Organization: Crappy White Wings

#53 Post by Milkymalk »

I also have Windows 10 64bit, ans I can run it just fine from the Explorer. A little late, but I thought I'd tell you anyway.
Crappy White Wings (currently quite inactive)
Working on: KANPEKI!
(On Hold: New Eden, Imperial Sea, Pure Light)

RedOwl
Regular
Projects: < /reality >
Tumblr: realityvn

#54 Post by RedOwl »

Hello there, Mirrowdothack! I just wanted to tell you that I stumbled across this game, and after playing through and getting all the endings, I am very impressed! The game was fascinating from beginning to end - I loved the story, the puzzles and trials, the plot twists, and also the sound design was extremely effective. The only drawback was that I really wanted to know more about Keith and Anna, but it seems you just barely touched upon their circumstances - leaving much up to the player's imagination. Not that that's necessarily bad... I just felt like I wanted to see more of their journey...

In any case - really, really good job with this game overall - it was a really enjoyable experience to play! Thanks for making it (and making it freely available)! I'll be looking forward to your next game. :)
~Please give me Honest Critique!~

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#55 Post by Rossfellow »

RedOwl wrote:Hello there, Mirrowdothack! I just wanted to tell you that I stumbled across this game, and after playing through and getting all the endings, I am very impressed! The game was fascinating from beginning to end - I loved the story, the puzzles and trials, the plot twists, and also the sound design was extremely effective. The only drawback was that I really wanted to know more about Keith and Anna, but it seems you just barely touched upon their circumstances - leaving much up to the player's imagination. Not that that's necessarily bad... I just felt like I wanted to see more of their journey...

In any case - really, really good job with this game overall - it was a really enjoyable experience to play! Thanks for making it (and making it freely available)! I'll be looking forward to your next game. :)
Her next work is supposedly like a bigger version of this premise, since this was mostly done under strict constraints and deadlines. I look forward to it too.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

LizardRobot
Regular
Projects: A Town Called Shanty
Organization: Lizard Robot
Deviantart: lizrobot

#56 Post by LizardRobot »

I figured since I had posted in the thread for your other game, I should also post in this one:

I really thought this game was exceptional. The premise was really well-executed, I was really interested in the characters and the mystery, and the truth at the heart of the game was different than what I expected! (It is usually very, very hard to surprise me with mysteries in stories, so that was really a wonderful thing to experience because it happens so rarely.) I admit I ended up going to the walkthrough because I hit a wall at one of the trials, and then realized I thought I had clicked a piece of evidence already and I hadn't. Oops!

The whole trial/evidence mechanic was awesome, as was the room puzzle/search! Really inventive and nicely-integrated. The whole thing played really smoothly.

I admit I cheated... since using scroll-up on the mousewheel lets you reverse previous choices, I used that to avoid bad things happening. But my dogged determination reflected how much I liked the game and wanted to win! Also, you genuinely scared me a few times, and I love scary things, so that was a lot of fun for me, too.

It was a little confusing once both sisters were active, keeping track of which was which just by their names, because their names were so similar. Probably I could have kept it straight by slowing down and reading more carefully, but at that point, I was so filled with adrenaline I was all, "I gotta know what happens next, I don't care if I'm confused! Must keep going!!"

In conclusion, this game was awesome, unique, surprising, exciting, and scary. I loved it!

Muzozavr
Regular

#57 Post by Muzozavr »

It looks like the site got suspended by Bluehost. Fairly recently, too, because the previous post was just a month earlier.

Can anyone upload a mirror of this game? It was awesome.

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#58 Post by Mirrowdothack »

@RedOwl, @Rossfellow
Thx Ross for replying, while I was away^^

It's like Ross said. The journey will continued in the next part. I'm taking my time for this project, but I assure you, I'm working on the plot nearly every day. But unfortunate, I'm so damn slow T^T. I wish I would progress faster OTL. I'm sorry to make you all wait... I'm currently focusing the plot, that's why I can't show you many pictures right now, but I decided to get the plot done first^^ (and not spend time with drawing things that aren't relevant for the game T^T

--------------

@LizardRobot
"I admit I cheated... since using scroll-up on the mousewheel lets you reverse previous choices," => I did this, too XD. And I decided to let people do it, if they want, too^^ So, no hard feelings here. You did not cheated, since I allowed you to do it^^
Anyways, I'm happy you enjoyed the game. ^^ It's the most importatn thing, that people had a good time. That makes me very happy^^

--------------

@Muzozavr
It seems like another page on this server was probably infected, so the whole thing was shut down temoparly. The owners of the server are trying to fix the problem, but this will take some time. I'll tell u about the process. (btw, I've checked my whole data. There is no danger from my page)

I've uploaded Y;N to my onedrive server:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... ion=locate

I hope it will work. I hope the site will be back soon.
Please let me know if you have any trouble. ^^
My games:
Image Image

teeth

#59 Post by teeth »

Played this today and enjoyed it quite a bit, but had a few criticisms. May I PM you with my notes?

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#60 Post by Mirrowdothack »

teeth wrote:Played this today and enjoyed it quite a bit, but had a few criticisms. May I PM you with my notes?
Glas you enjoyed it and sure, go ahead^^
My games:
Image Image