Mell's Sketch Thread [Requests: CLOSED]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
chickandnugget
Regular
Projects: circuit/break
Tumblr: chickandnugget
itch: Edelblu

Re: Mell's Sketch Thread [Requests: OPEN]

#31 Post by chickandnugget »

whoop, double posted by accident
Last edited by chickandnugget on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

chickandnugget
Regular

#32 Post by chickandnugget »

If requests are still open, could you draw this boy http://68.media.tumblr.com/142478918695 ... o1_400.png when you have the time? ^^

Your sketches are so clean and cute!

Mellanthe
Regular

#33 Post by Mellanthe »

@chickandnugget
Yup, you would get the last slot. C: And thank you very much! They are meant to be clean sketches since if I went with my normal, 'normal' sketches, it would literally be a blob ahaha. XD

Requests are now CLOSED! (Nov. 3/16)

Mellanthe
Regular

Re: Mell's Sketch Thread [Requests: CLOSED]

#34 Post by Mellanthe »

@BáiYù
I don't often have the most practice with drawing older males so I hope you enjoy this Evan! ;7;/

Mellanthe
Regular

#35 Post by Mellanthe »

@Rossfellow
I had time to get the second sketch in too! I hope you like it!!!

Mellanthe
Regular

#36 Post by Mellanthe »

@chickandnugget
The last one to round off the second batch of three; which I seemed to have actually bulldozed through : O ! I hope I did your character justice!
Requests are now PENDING (Nov 5/16)
Check back in a few days if you're looking to grab a slot in the next batch!

Questions for feedback in the meantime:
- If I were to open a commission shop, what would you like to see offered in it? Would you be interested in these Clean Sketches as commission options as well?

chickandnugget
Regular

Re: Mell's Sketch Thread [Requests: PENDING]

#37 Post by chickandnugget »

@Mellanthe OMG he looks amazing! Thank you so much :))

NialGrenville
Regular
Projects: PaS: The Awakening; The Heart Woods; The Witch and the Fairy
Organization: Gabe Works, Inc.

#38 Post by NialGrenville »

This definitely. These are quite nice, and from what I can tell take little time for you. So you're not over burdened. From your D.A. You color well, but not my flavors. Maybe someone else, but not me. Once again, I am not everyone. So others will have different tastes.
*Me*, *You, ***Calamazoo: *Singularity-A.I.*: *Proceed to processing
PaS: The Awakening, current status: 42%
The HeartWoods, current status: 0%
The Wonderful Mell! My PFI creator Honest Critique

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#39 Post by Rossfellow »

It looks great. The shadowy portions and her aloof expression are spot on. Thanks!
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Mellanthe
Regular

#40 Post by Mellanthe »

chickandnugget wrote:@Mellanthe OMG he looks amazing! Thank you so much :))
You're very welcome! ^u^
NialGrenville wrote:Feedback:
This definitely. These are quite nice, and from what I can tell take little time for you. So you're not over burdened. From your D.A. You color well, but not my flavors. Maybe someone else, but not me. Once again, I am not everyone. So others will have different tastes.
Hmmm I'm curious, what is there specifically about my colouring that doesn't appeal to you?? I learn a lot from taking criticism so I'd like to know.
Rossfellow wrote:It looks great. The shadowy portions and her aloof expression are spot on. Thanks!
I'm glad you like it! The shadows were actually really fun ahahah XD

NialGrenville
Regular
Projects: PaS: The Awakening; The Heart Woods; The Witch and the Fairy
Organization: Gabe Works, Inc.

#41 Post by NialGrenville »

Well, I do not expect you to pander to everyone. I give you my preference of coloring. (I cannot correct you for doing something the way you like. Correction is doing something wrong. If I said you were doing something wrong. That would make me bigoted.)

I prefer the dark tones. Very traditional. Things like: This or This. You seem to like the glow, and cell shading. My tastes are more traditionally aligned. As I've said before. Although not all your colored pieces are full of bloom. The pictures I have seen have at least 2 blooms in them. So maybe I was just too lazy to see ones with one to null blooms.

Like I said, it is just preference. If you think people like your colors, then go ahead. Appeasing me, a singular person mind you, should be the last thing on your list to do.
*Me*, *You, ***Calamazoo: *Singularity-A.I.*: *Proceed to processing
PaS: The Awakening, current status: 42%
The HeartWoods, current status: 0%
The Wonderful Mell! My PFI creator Honest Critique

BáiYù
Regular
Completed: This Life Escapes Me, Up All Night, Lotus: The Self-Made Witch
Projects: Various
Organization: tofurocks, Fiendish Fiction, Spider Lily Studios
Github: baiyu-dev
itch: tofurocks

#42 Post by BáiYù »

Mellanthe wrote:
@BáiYù
I don't often have the most practice with drawing older males so I hope you enjoy this Evan! ;7;/
Oh wow, he's gorgeous in your style! I think you did well with drawing a 20-something looking dude. He's finally the K-Pop star he was meant to be. May we tweet this at the studio's twitter, with credit and link to your dA (or whichever site you would prefer)?

Re: Commissions. I definitely think that your clean sketches would be popular, and you can offer flat colors or full shading for them at an additional cost. I have no qualms with your lighting technique, though you may want to play around with shading things with different hues instead of black or variants thereof. It works for some styles and artists, so it's something to consider trying out.

Thank you again for fulfilling my request, seeing it makes my day :D
Games and supplementary Ren'Py codes

Mellanthe
Regular

#43 Post by Mellanthe »

NialGrenville wrote: I prefer the dark tones. Very traditional. Things like: This or This. You seem to like the glow, and cell shading. My tastes are more traditionally aligned. As I've said before. Although not all your colored pieces are full of bloom. The pictures I have seen have at least 2 blooms in them. So maybe I was just too lazy to see ones with one to null blooms.
Of course! Take everything and stride is the best way to go. ^u^b I do find it super interesting that you see my art as using 'glow' since I actually rarely use any glow effects in the man picture and simple airbrush different shades in. My colour choices must reflect that to other people. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CRITIQUE!
BáiYù wrote: Oh wow, he's gorgeous in your style! I think you did well with drawing a 20-something looking dude. He's finally the K-Pop star he was meant to be. May we tweet this at the studio's twitter, with credit and link to your dA (or whichever site you would prefer)?

Re: Commissions. I definitely think that your clean sketches would be popular, and you can offer flat colors or full shading for them at an additional cost. I have no qualms with your lighting technique, though you may want to play around with shading things with different hues instead of black or variants thereof. It works for some styles and artists, so it's something to consider trying out.

Thank you again for fulfilling my request, seeing it makes my day :D
I'm really glad you like it! He'll always be a kpop star to me ahaha. Also yes, please go ahead! Crediting my DA is fine as well.

It's funny that you point that out because I do have a tendency to prefer distinct blocks of colours which makes it seem very black variant. I have a few ideas in mind and techniques that I'll probably try out in practice. Thank you for the feedback! ^7^)/

Mellanthe
Regular

#44 Post by Mellanthe »

Requests are now OPEN again!! (Nov 10/16)
Questions for feedback in the meantime:
- If I were to open a commission shop, what would you like to see offered in it? Would you be interested in these Clean Sketches as commission options as well?

Sharing a bit of colouring practice. (Borrowed Evan from 'Talk to Me') :

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#45 Post by Pyonkotchi »

aaa could you maybe draw her for me http://sta.sh/2f4y53kfuhh
she's the main character from my project lol