Ethereal Creatures [Otome, Supernatural, 18+][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
RoseKokali
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

Re: Ethereal Creatures [Otome, Supernatural, 18+]

#31 Post by RoseKokali »

Hello! Rose here, co writer of Ethereal Creatures! Saying on behalf of the team, we are happy to announce that chibis for all the main characters have been completed. Here is a little slideshow compilation of them all. We hope that you look forward to more updates to come! Although the chibis were not made by me, the gif and edits were made by me. I did it a bit on the whim, haha.
LadyOfGatsby wrote:
Zelan wrote:Hmmm, a character with only a bad end? That's pretty daring. I'm interested in how you'll pull that off.
Lol it will definitely make sense when they are revealed. We considered making good ends but the character isn't exactly right in the head or sane. Depending on how things turn out, we may even make it possible for them to have good endings but to obtain the good end for this character, player would have to see the bad end first to understand overall character.
I would also like to mention that we were also considering that if there happen to be good endings with the character at all, then yes, the player would have to obtain the bad ending first. However, we are considering to make a Kickstarter stretch goal to have R18 scenes with him, so we encourage you to keep a look out!

Any other feedback is appreciated!
Rose Kokali.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#32 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Last batch of sketches for the backgrounds that will be in the demo with the exception of the bedroom.
ImageImage

Honorjoy

#33 Post by Honorjoy »

RoseKokali wrote:Hello! Rose here, co writer of Ethereal Creatures! Saying on behalf of the team, we are happy to announce that chibis for all the main characters have been completed. Here is a little slideshow compilation of them all. We hope that you look forward to more updates to come! Although the chibis were not made by me, the gif and edits were made by me. I did it a bit on the whim, haha.

Ah! The chibis are so cute!

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#34 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Heh thanks, momo made these lovely chibis :D
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#35 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Lineart of the living room, Angela so awesome!
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#36 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

CG Sketch Previews.
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#37 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

We have a tumblr site now for more frequent updates!
http://glassheart-studio.tumblr.com/

Also, we have the main menu art thanks to Novclow our CG Artist.
ImageImage

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#38 Post by wyverngem »

Oh, it's lovely, the game is looking nicer and nicer with each update.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#39 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

wyverngem wrote:Oh, it's lovely, the game is looking nicer and nicer with each update.
We do try our best ^ ^
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#40 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

We are happy to introduce our two new bachelors that will share endings together. From the left it is Elijah and on the right it is Isaiah. More info about them will be released once their final sprites are finished. Hope you are looking forward to the finished versions ^ ^
ImageImage

Alice PH
Regular

#41 Post by Alice PH »

1. Who is your favorite character and why?
OZ because my first reaction is: HELLO HANDSOME <3 and personality-wise he really seems to be my type too >////<
But Ian is really good too~ and L, I'm super interested to tear down that mask of his! (If I could) I remember the last time a masked character managed to surprise me is from Frozen Essence, I hope L will be as good :3

Update: Isaiah looks reaaaaaaaaaally my type too omfg. I'm sorry I'm a sucker for guys with long-ish hair x3

2. What do you think about the story?
It's a mix of cliche and somewhat new concept, I'll still be keeping my eyes out of this project for sure and you don't need a jack-out of the box to make a game enjoyable so I'm looking forward to the game :D

3. Any suggestions or comments you have towards this game?
More girls? Rivals...? (even though my heart can't take it) Girl...friends? *roll backstory!* Not necessarily romance, some good friendship should be nice too <3 also just an extra random thought from me but her obsession with cars just remind me of Souda from Danganronpa lololol and damn she has a nice body xDD

4. If we do launch a kickstarter, what would you like to see?
I'm not familiar with kickstarter so I can't say much ;-; sorry ><
If you give your words on the game that you will finish.
I will wait. Let it be 2 years,4 years or more ★

RoseKokali

#42 Post by RoseKokali »

@Alice PH
Oz is my favorite as well; I hope that if you play his route first, you will like him and that it will leave a bit of an impression on you, because some great stuff will be happening (for all the others as well)! L is someone you'll definitely get to know as the story goes on. As we've said before, we promise not to leave you in the dust. You'll know everything by the end, and hopefully you will be surprised, like you felt in Frozen Essence.

I'm also glad you like Isaiah and Elijah. I admittedly squealed over their sketches, since they were very handsome, I thought I was going to faint for a second or two :oops:. When I looked at those two, I thought of Elijah's resemblance to Kanade from Seventh Heaven, and Isaiah's resemblance to Carla from Diabolik Lovers, haha, or is it my imagination or my eyes hoodwinking me?

Just to notify you and all others who come by here: Isaiah and Elijah are grouped together as of now, but we have decided that if we reach a certain point in the Kickstarter campaign (stretch goal), they may be able to have individual routes with individual good and bad endings so if you want your value time with them individually, I suggest considering backing us when it's that time!

The storyline may sound cliché, and it probably is to everyone at first glance, but we promise to incorporate enough twists that would make you keep your eye out for this. It's fairly short-medium length visual novel, but we hope it cuts deep and stays with you for a while on its final product. We hope to meet your expectations when it is released; you can also follow our Tumblr for more updates as well if the game interests you.

Thanks for your feedback!
Rose Kokali.

Kikaharu
Regular

#43 Post by Kikaharu »

I do not know why because I haven't been able to figure out why just yet. But Warren his character art makes me think of a character but I can't figure out from where. Like he just triggers another character's image in my head but it's not a solid enough image that I can pinpoint where it is from. I think that might drive me crazy.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#44 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Kikaharu wrote:I do not know why because I haven't been able to figure out why just yet. But Warren his character art makes me think of a character but I can't figure out from where. Like he just triggers another character's image in my head but it's not a solid enough image that I can pinpoint where it is from. I think that might drive me crazy.
Lol let us know know when you find out XD Perhaps it will hit you randomly.
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#45 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

A few previews of the GUI in progress!
ImageImage