Fool's Helper [GxB][Slice-of-Life][RomCom]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Vagrant-Muffin
Regular
Completed: The Bare Escape, Fool's Helper, Lucky Days
Projects: Red Wolf Hiding
Tumblr: vagrant-muffin
itch: vagrant-muffin

Fool's Helper [GxB][Slice-of-Life][RomCom]

#1 Post by Vagrant-Muffin »

Image Image
Fool’s Helper is a slice-of-life romantic comedy that consists of a prologue that splits into two routes, each with two endings, a friendship ending and a romance ending. The player chooses which route they would like to play immediately after the prologue.

Please feel free to report any bugs or errors you encounter while playing.

Download it now on Itch.io!

Screenshots:

-

Thank you to all the people who helped out making this game!! I honestly couldn’t have made this game without you guys!

Writers: Ran, Jen
Editor: Miiko
Art: Jen
Programming: Marionette
Beta Testers: Kei, Sam PV
-
Music: Lee Rosevere, Steve Combs
Sound Effects: Sound Explorer (original was edited), Sound Jay
All audio used are licensed under a Attribution License
-

Notes:
While the original idea for the game was conceived a couple years ago, production started in July this year. Thank you so much to Ran and Mari for their patience and dealing with me and my inexperience while I tried to get this game together.

I hope you guys enjoy this short game! :)

nekobara
Regular

Re: Fool's Helper [GxB][Slice-of-Life][RomCom]

#2 Post by nekobara »

This game looks amazing and sounds like it will be really interesting! I also think it's really great that it's a rom-com! Comedy is awesome and automatically makes any film or piece of literature ten times better in my opinion, if it's actually humorous, that is. But this seems like it could be genuinely funny and cute, and the characters seem like they'll be interesting, too. I can't wait to play it! I think I'll download it right this minute!~
*meow*

Vagrant-Muffin
Regular

#3 Post by Vagrant-Muffin »

nekobara wrote:This game looks amazing and sounds like it will be really interesting! I also think it's really great that it's a rom-com! Comedy is awesome and automatically makes any film or piece of literature ten times better in my opinion, if it's actually humorous, that is. But this seems like it could be genuinely funny and cute, and the characters seem like they'll be interesting, too. I can't wait to play it! I think I'll download it right this minute!~
Thank you so much for your interest! I honestly love lighthearted fun games that make me laugh, so that was my goal with Fool's Helper. I hope you find it entertaining! I look forward to hearing what you think afterwards :)

nekobara
Regular

#4 Post by nekobara »

Okay. So I've only finished Brian's romance ending...but I couldn't wait to tell you how wonderful it was! Incredible! Sweet! Cute! Funny! And the music-it makes me so happy, listening to it, I think it must be magic! This game was enjoyable, interesting, humorous, adorable, and oh, the characters! Brian is an absolute work of art. In the comedy world, he's top-notch! He's just such an excitable cutie pie! He gets five gold stars! And so do you and your team! You really made a fantastic game! Cuteness overload! The bar for games like these has been raised! You win in the world of VNs! :)

So many exclamation points and so much happiness...

*dies from all of the smiling I've been doing since playing your game*
*meow*

Vagrant-Muffin
Regular

#5 Post by Vagrant-Muffin »

nekobara wrote:Okay. So I've only finished Brian's romance ending...but I couldn't wait to tell you how wonderful it was! Incredible! Sweet! Cute! Funny! And the music-it makes me so happy, listening to it, I think it must be magic! This game was enjoyable, interesting, humorous, adorable, and oh, the characters! Brian is an absolute work of art. In the comedy world, he's top-notch! He's just such an excitable cutie pie! He gets five gold stars! And so do you and your team! You really made a fantastic game! Cuteness overload! The bar for games like these has been raised! You win in the world of VNs! :)

So many exclamation points and so much happiness...

*dies from all of the smiling I've been doing since playing your game*

aaaaaAAAAAA *A* Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed the game!! It makes it worth it to hear that you found it humorous :) I hope that you find the rest of the game to be entertaining as well, I hope you let us know what you think once you finish!

(While Ran wrote Lee's route, I wrote Brian's so I'm super happy that you liked him so much 8D)

nekobara
Regular

#6 Post by nekobara »

It was lighthearted, fun, and it made me laugh-and also smile quite a bit since it was so wonderful and cute! So I hope you can consider your goal achieved! It was a truly great game, and all the characters are just terrific! I already told you how much I adored Brian, and Lee is something quite special as well! They're both wonderful! Now that I've finished all the endings, I can honestly say that I enjoyed every bit of it! And I can appreciate humor like nobody's business, so you know how much better I think the addition of comedy makes the game! You and Ran are both such wonderful writers! This game is an absolute treasure! :)
*meow*

Vagrant-Muffin
Regular

#7 Post by Vagrant-Muffin »

nekobara wrote:It was lighthearted, fun, and it made me laugh-and also smile quite a bit since it was so wonderful and cute! So I hope you can consider your goal achieved! It was a truly great game, and all the characters are just terrific! I already told you how much I adored Brian, and Lee is something quite special as well! They're both wonderful! Now that I've finished all the endings, I can honestly say that I enjoyed every bit of it! And I can appreciate humor like nobody's business, so you know how much better I think the addition of comedy makes the game! You and Ran are both such wonderful writers! This game is an absolute treasure! :)
Congrats on finishing the game and again, thank you so much for playing! :D Ran did a great job! I'm grateful she was willing to work with me on Fool's Helper, it wouldn't have been the same without her.

Aaaa your comments have definitely made my year :') I appreciate it!

Onigirice

#8 Post by Onigirice »

So, I've played ur game and it's cute and lighthearted :3. I like the game desig aaaaaand I really like both of them! XD and Lee's sister is a cool 2 XD
I feel really touched by Brian's confession, Tears rolling from my eyes *sniff* and his friendship ending is funny 2 XD

For Lee :
awww so cuuuute~~ especially when he says can he take her to real date instead of the fake one XDDD *fangirling*
and that FRIENDZONE ending... just make me want 2 play his rom route again XD

I actually want to see the florist's face <3

Vagrant-Muffin
Regular

#9 Post by Vagrant-Muffin »

Onigirice wrote:So, I've played ur game and it's cute and lighthearted :3. I like the game desig aaaaaand I really like both of them! XD and Lee's sister is a cool 2 XD
I feel really touched by Brian's confession, Tears rolling from my eyes *sniff* and his friendship ending is funny 2 XD

For Lee :
awww so cuuuute~~ especially when he says can he take her to real date instead of the fake one XDDD *fangirling*
and that FRIENDZONE ending... just make me want 2 play his rom route again XD

I actually want to see the florist's face <3
Thank you for playing! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and found the guys charming hehe~

It makes me super happy you like even the secondary characters B) Actually, in the earliest stages of development, the florist was actually planned to have a bigger part of the story. You can see some of her concept art on my VN dev blog here: http://somethingventuredgames.tumblr.co ... s-on-which

PuffBun
Regular
Deviantart: kasey-puff

#10 Post by PuffBun »

I really enjoyed this game! :D I love the art and the character's personalities! Also loved the character expressions :) I really liked Lee's romance route >u< Brian was adorable too ^^

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#11 Post by Googaboga »

Hey-o. I played this game and thought it was awfully sweet. I'm a big fan over characters with over-the-top personalities, so this was right up my alley. My favorite endings were the romance end with Brain and the friendship end with Lee :D.

Congrats on getting this all finished and out there. It's nicely done.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Vagrant-Muffin
Regular

#12 Post by Vagrant-Muffin »

PuffBun wrote:I really enjoyed this game! :D I love the art and the character's personalities! Also loved the character expressions :) I really liked Lee's romance route >u< Brian was adorable too ^^
Thank you for playing the game!! I'm so relieved that the people like the art haha;; As for writing, I personally think Ran really nailed that romantic feeling in Lee's route *A* Glad you enjoyed it!

Googaboga wrote:Hey-o. I played this game and thought it was awfully sweet. I'm a big fan over characters with over-the-top personalities, so this was right up my alley. My favorite endings were the romance end with Brain and the friendship end with Lee :D.

Congrats on getting this all finished and out there. It's nicely done.
Thank you for the kind words!! ;A; Super happy that you find Brian and Lee's personalities likeable! (And aaayyy over-the-top personalities are pretty fun to work with, right?) I think Brian's romance ending CG is my favorite actually LOL Thank you for playing!

Kikaharu
Regular

#13 Post by Kikaharu »

I really liked this game. I thought it would be longer but I'll comment on that a bit later. It's a sweet story; both routes are very cute and fun to play. My favorite route was Lee's. I love how they don't really fit in to their looks. Like that took me on a turn I just didn't expect which was great because it's like real people. Just because they look one way doesn't mean they will act a specific way. I seriously love that. Back to the length of the game. I love long games or ones that will take a couple of hours at least to play or longer sometimes. I just enjoy all that you can get out of long games and all the choices you usually have in them. But this is a really good short game. It's kind of bubbly pick me up type of game to me. Like if you want to get away from the seriousness of a game or the darkness of one. This is a cute fun one to play and it just left me happy. :) I hope more people play the game and enjoy it also.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#14 Post by Ran08 »

Thank you so much for all the comments everyone! :") I'm really happy that I got to be a part of this team and I'm super glad that you enjoyed our little game! Thank you so much!

Vagrant-Muffin
Regular

#15 Post by Vagrant-Muffin »

Kikaharu wrote:I really liked this game. I thought it would be longer but I'll comment on that a bit later. It's a sweet story; both routes are very cute and fun to play. My favorite route was Lee's. I love how they don't really fit in to their looks. Like that took me on a turn I just didn't expect which was great because it's like real people. Just because they look one way doesn't mean they will act a specific way. I seriously love that. Back to the length of the game. I love long games or ones that will take a couple of hours at least to play or longer sometimes. I just enjoy all that you can get out of long games and all the choices you usually have in them. But this is a really good short game. It's kind of bubbly pick me up type of game to me. Like if you want to get away from the seriousness of a game or the darkness of one. This is a cute fun one to play and it just left me happy. :) I hope more people play the game and enjoy it also.
Thanks for playing Fool's Helper, I'm glad you enjoyed playing it!

Yeah, I wanted to make a game where the characters were not actually how they first appeared to be. I thought it would be fun to see how they developed as the game went on! I also wanted to keep Fool's Helper short since it would be my first game in a long time, I wanted it to be something that was feasible to make in a short time, but I was worried it'd feel a little too short... So I'm glad that the length was decent enough to still be enjoyable! Thank you again for your kind words :')
Ran08 wrote:Thank you so much for all the comments everyone! :") I'm really happy that I got to be a part of this team and I'm super glad that you enjoyed our little game! Thank you so much!
Yeesss thank you too, Ran for helping this fool me out!! ;A;