Ethereal Creatures [Otome, Supernatural, 18+][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

Re: Ethereal Creatures [Otome, Supernatural, 18+]

#46 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Theme song WIP can be found on our tumblr update.

As promised, these are the finished versions of Elijah and Isaiah. These brothers are reapers of the underworld. They work as bounty hunters in search of money and fame. Due to their psychotic nature, their “bad ending” must be obtained first before the “good ending” to fully understand them. That concludes our bachelors for Ethereal Creatures!
ImageImage

Honorjoy

#47 Post by Honorjoy »

LadyOfGatsby wrote:Theme song WIP can be found on our tumblr update.

As promised, these are the finished versions of Elijah and Isaiah. These brothers are reapers of the underworld. They work as bounty hunters in search of money and fame. Due to their psychotic nature, their “bad ending” must be obtained first before the “good ending” to fully understand them. That concludes our bachelors for Ethereal Creatures!

They look beautiful! I'm getting really excited for this game! ^-^

iarly
Tumblr: fanfic_iarly
Deviantart: iarly
itch: iarly

#48 Post by iarly »

I'm really scared of that 18+ tag, but other than that, everything looks great!!

Amberbaum
Regular

#49 Post by Amberbaum »

iarly wrote:I'm really scared of that 18+ tag, but other than that, everything looks great!!
I uh.......am actually happy that someone is working on an 18+ VN /Otome :mrgreen:

iarly

#50 Post by iarly »

Allow me to elaborate then: all the "otome" (since otome means maiden, +18 might clash with the definition, but let's just pretend the tag has nothing to do with sex and go from there) VNs in recent memory with a +18 rating turn into an inverse harem of really horny and misogynistic guys trying (and succeeding in most cases) to take advantage of the usually unassuming and rather helpless heroine. This is what I dread, not the adult content per se. Anyways, not trying to start an argument here, just saying I think the art is really good, the premise is interesting (the little bits we know) and most of the characters are intriguing. And wishing good luck to the creators!

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#51 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

@amberbaum Yes there aren't enough mature otome games out there. I adore the normal otome games but as someone who is a young adult I would like to see more in the mature market for otome instead of just bxb and bxg genres.

@iarly Hey there, we understand players feel uncomfortable with the 18+ tag but it is shifted more towards mature audiences with the intention of having underage players being able to mute those scenes. Anika will not be a helpless heroine and bachelors will not take advantage of her. We aim to make it as passionate as it would be romantic. (Though I can't make a promise on Isaiah and Elijah's bad end if it won't end differently) No rape or forced scenes confirmed for all routes though. Thank you for wishing us luck we sincerely appreciate it!

@honorjoy thank you for always commenting and supporting the game!
ImageImage

iarly

#52 Post by iarly »

@LadyOfGatsby (cool name, by the way) You, madam, have made my day. I'm just thrilled at the perspective of a heroine that doesn't just take all the crap the guys throw at her without a single complaint. I understand some people enjoy that... to each it's own, I say. Mature is fine, trust me, I'm old enough people don't ask my age anymore, lol. Passionate can be as good as romantic, if done right. Forced and out-of-the-blue situations are to be avoided at all costs. As for bad endings... bad stuff is supposed to happen, right? That's a given.

Now let me answer the general questions to show my support. I should have done that before... shame on me.

1. Who is your favorite character and why?

Anika could be my fave if she's able to hold her ground against all those beautiful suitors. She's pretty interesting herself, I think. But... of course you were asking about the guys, right? Hum... L is so mysterious... but no, V'laine it is... it's either the hair or you got me the moment you wrote 'vampire'.

2. What do you think about the story?

Is not original, but I would say it's fairly interesting. Still, some twists and turns are going to be needed in order to surprise players. Also, please don't make Anika human. Now that would be an overused cliched.

3. Any suggestions or comments you have towards this game?

Continuing my previous idea, the protagonist needs to be interesting. The player needs to understand why all this guys are drawn to her, and not just "because that's the way it has to be for the game to work". Of course, I think it's more interesting if they all have different reasons, again not "because she's the one something that can do this or that".

4. If we do launch a kickstarter, what would you like to see?

Not sure about this, it depends of how ambitious the project becomes in terms of goals. I would say the more the better, lol, but that's not always the best advice...

I apologize if I sound too passionate about this, I have a lot more ideas in my mind but I think this is the basic. I also believe this game has a lot of potential, that's probably part of the reason for my excitement. You have my full support!!

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#53 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

iarly wrote:@LadyOfGatsby (cool name, by the way) You, madam, have made my day. I'm just thrilled at the perspective of a heroine that doesn't just take all the crap the guys throw at her without a single complaint. I understand some people enjoy that... to each it's own, I say. Mature is fine, trust me, I'm old enough people don't ask my age anymore, lol. Passionate can be as good as romantic, if done right. Forced and out-of-the-blue situations are to be avoided at all costs. As for bad endings... bad stuff is supposed to happen, right? That's a given.

Now let me answer the general questions to show my support. I should have done that before... shame on me.

1. Who is your favorite character and why?

Anika could be my fave if she's able to hold her ground against all those beautiful suitors. She's pretty interesting herself, I think. But... of course you were asking about the guys, right? Hum... L is so mysterious... but no, V'laine it is... it's either the hair or you got me the moment you wrote 'vampire'.

2. What do you think about the story?

Is not original, but I would say it's fairly interesting. Still, some twists and turns are going to be needed in order to surprise players. Also, please don't make Anika human. Now that would be an overused cliched.

3. Any suggestions or comments you have towards this game?

Continuing my previous idea, the protagonist needs to be interesting. The player needs to understand why all this guys are drawn to her, and not just "because that's the way it has to be for the game to work". Of course, I think it's more interesting if they all have different reasons, again not "because she's the one something that can do this or that".

4. If we do launch a kickstarter, what would you like to see?

Not sure about this, it depends of how ambitious the project becomes in terms of goals. I would say the more the better, lol, but that's not always the best advice...

I apologize if I sound too passionate about this, I have a lot more ideas in my mind but I think this is the basic. I also believe this game has a lot of potential, that's probably part of the reason for my excitement. You have my full support!!
LOL as you can tell I am a hardcore Great Gatsby fan. And yeah we already stated she is coyote and her descent is Indian tribe. She won't be human haha. Also there will be some twists here and there too! I really like your comment about why the guys are drawn to her and will definitely compile an idea into my document on that part for deeper meanings thank you very much. Thanks for the comments and support, we will work hard to deliver something satisfying if not phenomenal.
ImageImage

Amberbaum
Regular

#54 Post by Amberbaum »

iarly wrote:Allow me to elaborate then: all the "otome" (since otome means maiden, +18 might clash with the definition, but let's just pretend the tag has nothing to do with sex and go from there) VNs in recent memory with a +18 rating turn into an inverse harem of really horny and misogynistic guys trying (and succeeding in most cases) to take advantage of the usually unassuming and rather helpless heroine. This is what I dread, not the adult content per se. Anyways, not trying to start an argument here, just saying I think the art is really good, the premise is interesting (the little bits we know) and most of the characters are intriguing. And wishing good luck to the creators!
Hm, I honestly don't expect this from any non japanes-otome games. It's true that japanese 18+ otome games have the tendency to to do that, but I don't think you will ever see anything like that on the lemmasoft forum. If you like good japanese otome games with good heroines then try out a few Quinrose games.

iarly

#55 Post by iarly »

Amberbaum wrote:Hm, I honestly don't expect this from any non japanes-otome games. It's true that japanese 18+ otome games have the tendency to to do that, but I don't think you will ever see anything like that on the lemmasoft forum. If you like good japanese otome games with good heroines then try out a few Quinrose games.
It's true that non-japanese otome games are rarely rated 18+, which is probably why the lemmasoft forum has very rare instances of 18+ tags. Mostly yaoi or yuri too. That's why this one caught my attention (that and the pretty art, of course). And you're right, Quinrose had some good titles... too bad they had to suspend their business.

riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

#56 Post by riiko08 »

OH MY GOSH! A GAME INSPIRED BY THE MERCEDES THOMPSON SERIES?!? COUNT.ME.IN!!!
That series is one of my favorite series along with Vampire Academy omg!
So, so... Is it wrong that I see Warren as Adam?

I totally cannot wait to play this! I am totally going for Warren. Then Oz. But then all the guys looked really equally interesting. Goodluck with your game!

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#57 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

riiko08 wrote:OH MY GOSH! A GAME INSPIRED BY THE MERCEDES THOMPSON SERIES?!? COUNT.ME.IN!!!
That series is one of my favorite series along with Vampire Academy omg!
So, so... Is it wrong that I see Warren as Adam?

I totally cannot wait to play this! I am totally going for Warren. Then Oz. But then all the guys looked really equally interesting. Goodluck with your game!
Yes! I envisioned Warren with Adam in mind hehe.
Wow thats such a coincidence, my two favorite supernatural novels is also Vampire Academy and Mercedes Series haha. Thank you very much and I used same elements like quirks and character but the story will be completely different ^ ^ Ah, I still haven't finished the series with Adrian and Sydney or read the latest thompson book that came out this year :( Man such good books though. Btw your picture is awesome and funny.
ImageImage

Xand
Regular

#58 Post by Xand »

I love art style and your boys! Definitely will play game when it's released.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#59 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Xand wrote:I love art style and your boys! Definitely will play game when it's released.
Thank you we look forward to having you play it ^ ^
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#60 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Here are some teasers of the CGs. Three Backgrounds for the game are done. Great news is that we have five tracks done. Writing hasn’t made much progress but outlining has gradually increased. Progress for the game may slow down due to finals week. Curse exams…
ImageImage