Dream Chasers

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Dream Chasers

#1 Post by lordcloudx »

Nothing much to say except my thanks to the team. Special thanks to mikey for various things and PyTom for creating ren'py and that irc channel which really sped up this release.

Special voiced version with bgm to follow later.

Promo Vid: http://animerd2k2.net/dreamc/promo3.swf

Downloads
Windows: http://animerd2k2.net/dreamc/dream_chasers.zip
linux: http://www.MegaShare.com/356555
mac: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9jw9ha

E-book
http://animerd2k2.net/dreamchasers.pdf

Denzil should be uploading these three distributions to the forum right now.
edit: We're both having trouble uploading to the forum.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Re: Dream Chasers

#2 Post by mikey »

Congratulations, I'm so glad it is finally released. I played the very first complete version a long time ago (at least it seems so now), and it is a really a great game. It's quite demanding for the standard player (relatively direct writing, fast pace - often I stopped to think and then resumed reading), but give it a chance and it makes a lot of sense, not only in light of the earlier releases by RD2K2, but it's also emotionally close to them. I'd probably say the very best way is to make a "RD2K2 day" and play all the games including this one. It's a very unique and also personal experience.

denzil
Veteran

#3 Post by denzil »

Dream Chasers, forum upload version.
Attachments
Dream_Chasers-mac.zip
MacOS X version
(12.57 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
Dream_Chasers-linux-x86.tar.bz2
Linux version
(11.38 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
Dream_Chasers.zip
Windows version
(11.57 MiB) Downloaded 317 times
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by DaFool »

Is this different from the last /game directory with patched menu.rpy? (I'm wondering whether to redownload and port my saves over, or just continue where I'm at) Since I'm like, in the middle of the story.

dreamer

#5 Post by dreamer »

DaFool: not unless you count the few cosmetic changes and fixed grammatical/punctuation errors.

Over-all, this is the better version of course.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#6 Post by mikey »

Can we mirror this at the RAA? If yes, this version or the voiced one?

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by lordcloudx »

sure. I guess this one will do since I'm not expecting the voiced version out too soon.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

victorita9
Regular

#8 Post by victorita9 »

Ok i just finished it and i have only three words to say.

It is Amazing! :D

It was sooooo(could go on forever) good! It was so bittersweet and full of emotion. And I loved the quotes! There should be like and epilogue epilogue because it was that good.

My favorite character is Silva. I absolutely love him. Don't know why but i do.

Man they should make a movie on it or something. because it is that amazing!

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#9 Post by sake-bento »

Woo! Finally finished reading, and that was a very well-crafted story. I enjoyed reading from the different perspectives, as it made the story feel fuller as it went along. There were a couple typos and some grammar things that bugged me, but there weren't any serious playthrough problems that I encountered.
Rygel's story was the hardest for me to get into. I think one problem was just the overwhelming amount of "ninja-ness" that was going on. Always mentioning "ninja grappling hooks" or "ninja training" kinda felt a little out of place. I think they could have been great warriors without you having to explicitly say that they were ninjas. I eventually got used to it, though, and when I finally got to his backstory the pace was a lot smoother for me.

Risa's was good, and especially emotional at the end. I always appreciate long-lost sibling stories. She mentioned having heavy ninja armor on, but later on also have a short skirt. The short skirt I see, but she doesn't appear to be wearing heaving armor. That confused me a little bit, but it's only a nitpick.

Kira's was probably the bumpiest for me due to the two insert stories. I know you wanted to give him some time without giving away too much of his past, but I honestly felt the two sidestories were close to unnecessary. They were definitely good, and I think they'd be good stories on their own. They just didn't feel like they quite fit in with the rest.

Silva's was a great conclusion to the story, and I'm a bit sad that the siblings didn't get more time (like I said, I'm a sucker for siblings). Being able to read his emotions, story, and his motives was really interesting, and I enjoyed being able to see inside his mind.

Overall, it was a very well done story. I'm certainly not regretting playing this, and the format in which you presented it was excellent. I'm curious to know more about the Silver Crescent, and I'd definitely be interested to know what happens to Risa after she loses her memory again. Thank you for crafting such a great tale. ^-^

dreamer

#10 Post by dreamer »

I'm curious to know more about the Silver Crescent
Try this? http://www.renai.us/game/PrinOfFire.shtml

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

#11 Post by Sakurazaki »

lordcloudx wrote:sure. I guess this one will do since I'm not expecting the voiced version out too soon.
Currently recording the lines right now. And while I'm at it. I really love the depth of the storyline and the characters. Already I love the character Risa. :P She's really cool! I can really tell you put a lot of thought and time into this project.
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

MoonlightBomber
Regular
Completed: Gravure: A Super Network Wars Prelude, Nothing Happened series
Projects: Deadline, upcoming NaNoRenO 2020 project
Tumblr: moonlightbomber
Deviantart: moonlightbomber
itch: dagitabsoft

#12 Post by MoonlightBomber »

My recording of lines is also a WIP. It'll take a bit longer due to the following: more surfing, being bugged by my bro to play Flyff (especially when he's at work), and the PSP.
Korina Sanchez: Ex-sensei Mel, we've met again.
Mel Tiangco: I'm expecting this from my former student.
Korina Sanchez: I know all along the reason for your presence.
Mel Tiangco: Of course. Your hairbrush.
Korina Sanchez: Snatch it again? Well, you're mistaken. It's because my hairbrush's container is packed with security features. What's your say?
Mel Tiangco: If you can do security... (pause) then 120% of my strength will shatter it!

Excerpt from Super Network Wars Omega: Suikoden Pilipinas

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#13 Post by F.I.A »

And so, I have finished with it...

What I enjoyed:
- The conflict between two "right" sides, in that neither is the true evil, as both of them have their own reasons to fight.
- Stories told from each different characters, allowing us to see how the characters view it.
- Look, it's Phaedra!
- The rather impressive graphics at the epilogue.
What gripped on me:
- Having a rather ambiguous detail on the age. From what I will speculate, if Silva and Kira are around 40, Saichirou and Mika will be at their 30. Unfortunately, the graphic does not really help to display that.
- The final showdown between Rygel and Silva. Though it is certain who will lose, I find it might do the story more if it is portrayed in the game, with the last few quotes between the two.
- Having a supposed assassin society without any true evil in the higher rank. Unless Silva's generation of Dragon lineup is the unique in Shadow Cross history.
- Either Risa loses most of her assassin intuition for not knowing that Zan is actually fighting with an arrow-wounded back, or Zan is skillful enough to make it so that this drawback(No pun intended) is apparent enough for her to notice it.

All in all, I enjoyed the game. Thanks for it.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#14 Post by azureXtwilight »

I cried when I play this game.... :cry:
Poor Zan and Zephiel... and SILVA!!!
I wish they're alive.......
And Kira's side when he remember those sad love stories...
It's so sad... :cry:
Especially when I realized that Silva actually dies!
I like this game, the story is great!
*claps*

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by lordcloudx »

This is a rather late reply, but thank you, all of you who have read this story. Dream Chasers reflects my own life in a way.

voiced version... coming soon.