How To Make Main Menu Stuff Disappear While Loading/Prefs

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Pommy
Completed: Her Lullaby

How To Make Main Menu Stuff Disappear While Loading/Prefs

#1 Post by Pommy »

I can admit I'm a full on noob when it comes to this kinda stuff, but I've been banging my head against this all day and can not figure it out.

I have a custom title screen with imagebuttons for Start Game, Continue, Ending Gallery, Preferences, and Quit. The problem is, that ALL of these options still stick around once Continue or Preferences are selected and it's obviously not how I want this menu to behave, as exemplified by the screenshot attached.

Is there any way I can get to the Load and Preferences menus from the Main Menu without carrying over the options that are normally there once the game boots to the title screen?

I'm gonna need this REALLY dumbed down for me. I know next to not a lot about Python on the whole and so much has changed since I last used Ren'Py that I really don't recognize most of the changes.
Attachments
nope2.jpg
nope.jpg

Ocelot
Lemma-Class Veteran
Github: MiiNiPaa
Discord: MiiNiPaa#4384

Re: How To Make Main Menu Stuff Disappear While Loading/Pref

#2 Post by Ocelot »

Remove use game_menu statements from preferences/load/etc. screens. And fix problems which would arise from it.
< < insert Rick Cook quote here > >

Pommy
Completed: Her Lullaby

[solved]How To Make Main Menu Stuff Disappear While Loading/

#3 Post by Pommy »

Ocelot wrote:Remove use game_menu statements from preferences/load/etc. screens. And fix problems which would arise from it.
Well I'm a dip and that nailed it. Thanks. <3