[DEMO UP!!] Romancin Dudes [Otome, Comedy][Free!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Amberbaum
Regular

Re: [DEMO UP!!] Romancin Dudes [Otome, Comedy][Free!]

#61 Post by Amberbaum »

1. Most importantly: DID YOU LIKE IT?
Yes, very much so. very much appreciated creating this VN .After reading too many High-school otome and mediocre teribad otome mobile games this is very refreshing and very amusing :) .
2. Was the pacing okay? (Were the scenes with each fella too short/long?)
They were just perfect.
3. D...Did you think the game was funny?
Yep. It really hit all those Otome cliches. I can't remember which part had me cracking up the most. "......Internet Explorer" :lol:
Best Otome parody I've played so far (well, and Jo-Jin-Bo ). Most try to be weird or goofy, but are failing somehow. It's like they try too to hard to be funny, but at the same time want to tell a serious heartwarming romance.
4. What did you think of the characters? Who’s your favorite?
Stasia (amazing naming choice, btw ) and that's funny because most [insert obligatory female friend(s)] tend to be annoying as fuck. Always blabbing about love and girly-girl stuff or they are "tomboys" so that they won't interfere with your "conquest".
5. Are you interested in playing the rest of the game? What do you want to see most in the full version?
Yes, I'm interested. I dunno, more of the stuff that you already shown us. Maybe make some of the CGs look really cliche and all sparkly. Full Suzue Miuchi style. -> http://oldschoolshoujofaces.tumblr.com/

ZodiaX
Tumblr: zodiaxgame.tumblr.com

#62 Post by ZodiaX »

Ahh, I just wanted to say I love the art style in this. It's super smooth and soft, and draws the eye immediately. :3

chickandnugget
Regular
Projects: circuit/break
Tumblr: chickandnugget
itch: Edelblu

#63 Post by chickandnugget »

Thanks to everyone who's played the demo so far! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

@Anyubel: I'm glad you liked Bobka's character! I really dislike how so many VN's have passive main characters that are subject to the plot, so I really wanted her to shine and own that main character role lol

The whole 'bad with computers' (and other things) for Case is definitely a recurring theme in his route, so it'll be fleshed out quite a bit. I'm also glad that you were surprised by his character, since the entire game is sort of about debunking tropes (and possibly ruining everyone's megane fantasy, but shhhh)

(I also appreciate the pun. Truth be told, in my outline his last scene is labelled 'Last Case Scenario.')

@Amberbaum: Aaah I'm so happy I made you laugh! I'm always unsure about whether what I write is funny or not. I don't intend the game to be a full-on parody (I care about the characters too much T_T) but I'm definitely trying to poke fun at a lot of the overly generic aspects of otome.

(Stasia is also one of my favorite characters to write in the game ;D)

@ZodiaX: Thank you! I'm sure my artist will be glowing when I tell her haha

I hope all of you look forward to the full game!

UPDATE (12/3):

Writing progress is going well! I'm three scenes shy of finishing Roy's route (which is looking to clock in at around 15k words), which is pretty exciting. I'm probably going to start Leo's next, since I've already come up with a bunch of ideas for it.

Also, not going to add this in the main thread, but here's the actual last sprite of the game:

The maid at the maid cafe accidentally became a major character while I was writing a route, so she needed a sprite.

chickandnugget
Regular

#64 Post by chickandnugget »

Leetle Update:

Roy's route has officially been written! It's much longer than I originally intended it to be, so I've updated the main post to reflect the new approximate total length of game (80k)

Not sure if I posted this here, but the release date of the game is currently the end of February 2017.

juliaa
Regular

#65 Post by juliaa »

Lol this is pretty funny. I was more rl than the fantasy otome I am used to playing and it was unique.

chickandnugget
Regular

#66 Post by chickandnugget »

Wheeee update time

Currently in the middle of writing Leo's route. Roy's route has been finished and is currently being proofread.

Here's an adorable WIP of one of Leo's CG's!

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

#67 Post by YossarianIII »

I just wanted to pop in quickly and say that Romancin' Dudes is probably my second favorite title for a VN on these boards. (First place is obviously Sempai finally noticed me BUT... I somehow turned him into a Llama!?, a project that sadly seems to be inactive right now.)

Haven't played the demo yet, so I don't have anything constructive to add here... But I really like the title and character names! :D

Image Image