Artist looking for project

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Guessmyname

Artist looking for project

#1 Post by Guessmyname »

Mostly for fun, practice and experience, I'm offering my services as an artist to anyone who needs one. I've always wanted to try making a visual novel (I'm a fan of drawing and storywriting, so this seems the logical progression...). I've no real experience with the Ren'py engine (I've looked through the demo and code within though. I could probably make something short and simple if I wanted to), which is one of the reasons I'm here, offering up my services as an artist, so that I can learn how to use the Ren'py engine. I'm actually more a fan of visual novels rather than renai games, but I'll happily work with either. The only thing I can't do is adult content, what with being a minor (16).

Some of my work (newest stuff first, gets older from there):
Image Image Image Image Image
Amateur artist / writer

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

Re: Artist looking for project

#2 Post by Vatina »

I think maybe the Raidaa project is looking for an artist for the mechanical side of things, mecha's and spaceships and such - and it looks like you're really good at that :)

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Cybeat »

I could use help...but I'm sure somebody needs it more.
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

#4 Post by Guest »

There are two projects actually which I know off the top of my head which were stalled because of lack of art. They're both complete games with full scripts:

*Wedding Vows (maker seems to be inactive currently, but does pop in from time to time)
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=1530
*Among the Fangirls (maker is active, not sure about status of his project)
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=2458

Just trying to hook you up with something done since artists are few in this writers/programmers forum (as compared to say, deviantart), its not wise to waste the skills of someone on a project that hasn't yet made progress.

So read through the skeleton VNs to see if you like them... there should be other such projects in this subforum.

Guessmyname

#5 Post by Guessmyname »

I've joined up to help with Raidaa no Asahi (which I cannot spell...) as a technical artist
Amateur artist / writer

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by monele »

Love your mech stuff, you're talented ^_^

JFate

#7 Post by JFate »

Ah, you can draw BGs. I can only draw people :( .