GameMaker Studio Pro on Humble Bundle

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
CodeNinja92
Projects: The Anthem of Love, Love Witch Unlimited
Organization: Setsuna Ken
Tumblr: vn-code-ninja

GameMaker Studio Pro on Humble Bundle

#1 Post by CodeNinja92 »

Guys you can get GameMaker Studio Pro almost for free on the Humble Bundle site.

Just wanted to let you know :D

https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker-bundle

BáiYù
Regular
Completed: This Life Escapes Me, Up All Night, Lotus: The Self-Made Witch
Projects: Various
Organization: tofurocks, Fiendish Fiction, Spider Lily Studios
Github: baiyu-dev
itch: tofurocks

Re: GameMaker Studio Pro on Humble Bundle

#2 Post by BáiYù »

Thank you for posting this, just had my commissioner pay me by buying the $15 bundle lol.

For those devs who don't know, Gamemaker Studio Pro includes export options to Windows, Mac, and Linux. That's a pretty big thing in my opinion. Nabbing the $15 bundle package also nets you HTML5, Android, and iOS export for super cheap. Keep in mind that GMSPro runs for $150+ on their official site, not including the HTML5 and mobile options. Everyone ought to consider jumping on this deal soon.

Also super stoked to finally get my hands on Solstice, can't wait to play it o/
Games and supplementary Ren'Py codes

кролик девушка

#3 Post by кролик девушка »

BáiYù wrote:Thank you for posting this, just had my commissioner pay me by buying the $15 bundle lol.

For those devs who don't know, Gamemaker Studio Pro includes export options to Windows, Mac, and Linux. That's a pretty big thing in my opinion. Nabbing the $15 bundle package also nets you HTML5, Android, and iOS export for super cheap. Keep in mind that GMSPro runs for $150+ on their official site, not including the HTML5 and mobile options. Everyone ought to consider jumping on this deal soon.

Also super stoked to finally get my hands on Solstice, can't wait to play it o/
windows only commputer no explain only english.

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#4 Post by Rossfellow »

This is an amazing deal. Thanks for sharing.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita

#5 Post by Zetsubou »

CodeNinja92 wrote:Guys you can get GameMaker Studio Pro almost for free on the Humble Bundle site.

Just wanted to let you know :D

https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker-bundle
Thanks CodeNinja92, just bought a copy (plus a VN Engine for GMS Pro). I think I'll try porting a Renpy game this weekend and see how it goes.
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

https://zetsubou.games

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by indoneko »

Has anyone here made a game with it? How does it fare against renpy? (especially for making VN-related games)
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

CodeNinja92
Projects: The Anthem of Love, Love Witch Unlimited
Organization: Setsuna Ken
Tumblr: vn-code-ninja

#7 Post by CodeNinja92 »

indoneko wrote:Has anyone here made a game with it? How does it fare against renpy? (especially for making VN-related games)
A few games from MoaCube are made with GameMaker. The bundle you can buy includes Solstice which is more or less a Visual Novel + You get the source code of the game too.

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

#8 Post by storykween »

indoneko wrote:Has anyone here made a game with it? How does it fare against renpy? (especially for making VN-related games)
This is a pretty late reply (sorry), but for anyone still curious about using Game Maker as a VN engine, I have done so, and I'm happy to talk about my experience. My team and I made Echoes of the Fey (http://woodsy-studio.com/vn/echoes-foxs-trail/) on Game Maker. You can read a little more about what I did here: http://woodsy-studio.com/game-developme ... ame-maker/

It was a looooottt of work compared to Ren'Py. But it's do-able, if you really want to add elements of gameplay beyond the typical limitations of Ren'Py (like in our case, a 2D side-scroller).

A big downside of Game Maker has been its porting problems. It is very difficult to port to Mac and Linux; porting to Android has taken us four months and we're still working on it. With Ren'Py you can build those out with a few clicks!!

We have since moved on to making a visual novel in Unreal Engine 4, which has been a pretty exciting venture so far.
My website: woodsy-studio.com