Ego Holic [BL 18+] [Supernatural/Dark] [DEMO]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cube
Regular
Completed: You and Me | Love is in Bloom
Projects: Ego Holic
Tumblr: qbstudios
itch: qbstudios

Re: Ego Holic [BL 18+] [Supernatural/Dark]

#16 Post by Cube »

Wow, people are still taking interest in this, awesome! Thanks for the feedback - I hope I am able to update more regularly from now on.

Updates will also be posted on http://ego-holic.tumblr.com/

I added a CG (warning for blood!) and an update of the map in the first post. Details regarding the story will come soon.

I'm still looking for helping hands! Mainly a co-writer, proofreaders, and a coder who can help me out with minor stuff like ATL and imagebuttons. Also I suppose I need someone who can do good PR, because I know nothing of spreading the word...
ImageImageImage

Cube
Regular

#17 Post by Cube »

There's a huge update in the first post!

I uploaded the slightly altered character picture again, and added character profiles, hooray!

But now the big question: WHO INTERESTS YOU MOST? (doesn't have to be dateable)

Also, if anyone is interested in helping out this project, I'm looking for a coder and PR-person!

Updates can also be followed on http://ego-holic.tumblr.com/
ImageImageImage

Cube
Regular

#18 Post by Cube »

This project is still alive!

I hope people are still interested in this, because I can proudly say that the first 10k of the script are done. Sadly, it's just around 1/6 of the whole script. Gotta work harder!
ImageImageImage

CosmicFan

#19 Post by CosmicFan »

Cube wrote:This project is still alive!

I hope people are still interested in this, because I can proudly say that the first 10k of the script are done. Sadly, it's just around 1/6 of the whole script. Gotta work harder!
I'm most definitely still interested. I love the art style, the premise. *bookmarks your tumblr*

Cube
Regular

#20 Post by Cube »

@CosmicFan: Wow, thank you! :D I will post more reguöar updates once I'm not swamped with work, though...

UPDATE:
- redrawing of Theodore's sprite (so he's not so similar to Jonathan anymore, also it fits his personality a lot more)
- added a prologue to the script
ImageImageImage

Cube
Regular

#21 Post by Cube »

UPDATE:
- CG for Jonathan's route
- remodeling of Jonathan's route
- 2 new backgrounds (check them out here: http://ego-holic.tumblr.com/post/156726 ... cronym-for)
ImageImageImage

Cube
Regular

#22 Post by Cube »

a small UPDATE
- 3 new characters! Nic, the postman - Robin & Alex, brothers
pics will be uploaded soon, but are already on the dev log on tumblr.

A better summary will follow next week.
ImageImageImage

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

#23 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Love the art on this one! I know other people are commenting on that already, but it's gotta be said. Will keep checking back in on this one.
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

Cube
Regular

#24 Post by Cube »

Thanks a bunch, and I mean it. I'm still insecure about my art and this is like water in a desert ;;
ImageImageImage

shadowkazaki
Regular
Projects: Descendant of the Moon

#25 Post by shadowkazaki »

Cube wrote:This project is still alive!

That's really good to hear! I wish you luck!
Last edited by shadowkazaki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Banya
Regular
Completed: Deep Inside, KOI, ROAR, Dreamquartz, YOLO
Projects: Emerald Wasp
Deviantart: Banya-Laplace-Studio
itch: banya

#26 Post by Banya »

This will probably be a gem **

- Do you think the story and art are appealing?
There's not much about the story to read atm, but I really like the art!
I think both the story and the art will look great ^^

- What would you like to see from this project?
I'm really curious about the music and the atmosphere you will set. I thought about some unsettling 80-synth, like in old horror movies, but with this B\N coloring and atmosphere of the previews I expect something big :)

- Would you be interested in playing it?
Yes, of course!

- Any suggestions?
Probably a stupid curiosity... you used the name Legato for its ancient latin meaning? I don't think it's a coincidence, since you spoke about hubris for one of the characters, but... I'm Italian and it really sounds odd as a name, because "Legato" here means also "Tied up" (and that might not be a coincidence too); but there's the name Angelo with the same meaning, that would fit better by contrast the concept of "Driven by a certain sin" you presented :)

bluepuzzlebox

#27 Post by bluepuzzlebox »

Looks promising! I wish you the best of luck.

I love the contrast between the pink/cyan and the monochrome colors.
One suggestion I'd have is to maybe give the protagonist and date-able characters eye colors?
I like Legato's design the best, and I think the eye-catching pink iris is really appealing. (no pun intended)

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

#28 Post by Ertal77 »

I love it so far! I hope there's a playable demo soon.

Oh, one suggestion: tag your updates in tumblr with "eblg" so Englishblgames finds your posts and reblog them. "evn" too, but I think Englishvisualnovels and the bl blog are run by the same people anyway.

If you ever want an extra hand at writing or a second reading, pm me, I would be delighted to help with this!
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

Cube
Regular

#29 Post by Cube »

Banya wrote: - Any suggestions?
Probably a stupid curiosity... you used the name Legato for its ancient latin meaning? I don't think it's a coincidence, since you spoke about hubris for one of the characters, but... I'm Italian and it really sounds odd as a name, because "Legato" here means also "Tied up" (and that might not be a coincidence too); but there's the name Angelo with the same meaning, that would fit better by contrast the concept of "Driven by a certain sin" you presented :)
Thanks a bunch for the neat feedback! There's gonna be more for the story soon. Also music!
Regarding your suggestion: Tbh, I picked the name 'Legato' because of the notation in music and for the meaning of 'being tied together' with someone. Well. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. (hah) 'Angelo' was actually on my list of names as well. Since Legato isn't his real name, he will use certain other ones. Angelo it is now :P
bluepuzzlebox wrote:Looks promising! I wish you the best of luck.

I love the contrast between the pink/cyan and the monochrome colors.
One suggestion I'd have is to maybe give the protagonist and date-able characters eye colors?
I like Legato's design the best, and I think the eye-catching pink iris is really appealing. (no pun intended)
I need tons of luck, thanks, I'll use it wisely! Regarding the eye colors: I'll see what I can do about that - I think there'll be a small change in style as well (so the sprites get pupils).
Ertal77 wrote:
If you ever want an extra hand at writing or a second reading, pm me, I would be delighted to help with this!
Thanks for the suggestion! I wanted to put up a nice and clean promo post for a while now, but work got in the way...
ImageImageImage

Cube
Regular

Re: Ego Holic [BL 18+] [Supernatural/Dark] [DEMO]

#30 Post by Cube »

@bluepuzzlebox: Colored eyes didn't work with the aesthetics, I will see if the charas will get proper 'pupils' when the project is in the beta phase ^^
UPDATE!

A mysterious lady in a magic circle being attacked by omnious black stuff. No mystery what's going on here.

Yeah, still no promo post yet, I am sorry, but please consider follwing this project on tumblr! http://ego-holic.tumblr.com
Last edited by Cube on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage