[NaNoRenO][IntRanAiMo]Stalker&Yandere

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

[NaNoRenO][IntRanAiMo]Stalker&Yandere

#1 Post by Mammon »

Hello,
My name is Mammon and I would like to recruit YOU for my Nanoreno2017 project. Well, that actually depends on what you do (see list below). But if you would like to work in a group for a Nanoreno project, then apply for Stalker&Yandere!

Stalker&Yandere
Yandere-chan is just an ordinary girl with ordinary hobbies, ordinary friends, ordinary problems, and one not-so-ordinary crush. She has feelings for the man standing in her street -not a stalker- who’s just loitering about -definitely not a stalker- and who occasionally tries to look through her window -most definitely not a stalker-. But Yandere-chan doesn’t know who this mysterious man is, why he’s standing there and if he might be interested in her as well. Should she approach him and confess her feelings to him? Or should she keep her feelings hidden to avoid a heart-break?

A ±10.000 word story featuring 6 endings. PG13 or PG16 depending on circumstances and the possible scrapping of one ending.

I’m looking for: (Want to know more? See below, but the requirements are very loose.)(Update about received applications in next posts, but everything's officially still open until the 20th.)
Absolutely necessary:

A sprite artist:
3 sprites
A programmer:
10.000 words story, one addition to main- or preference menu options.
A CG artist:
Title screen art and one CG

Appreciated:
Chibi artist:
3-6 Chibi’s.
GUI artist
BG artist

5 backgrounds
Composer
I could really use one for one specific song, 4-6 songs total.
Proofreader

What, when and why?
-The story script has already been finished, as discussed here. Revisions based upon feedback are possible, expansions and me giving you a workload you can’t handle are not.
-You can apply at any time, and cancel your application as well, until the 20th.
-You can apply by sending me a PM, preferably with an example of your work if you’re an artist.
-The project will start on March 3th and is planned for release on April 1st.

Everything past this point is no longer important! All you need to know can be found above, what's below is just a more detailed and business-like version of the above.
If you're interested in something listed above but the details below suggest otherwise then only look at the above. The post below is mostly just my expensive English making me look like a pompous bastard.

Why should you want to work on this project?
Well, why would anyone want to work on a Nanoreno project? For the prestige and experience, I guess. You might want to be a part of this project if you want to work on a typical yandere story but this time from the yandere’s PoV, or if you want to have a project in your finished projects list thanks to the IntRanAiMo challenge(: realistic plan to finish this game before April), or if you want to join a project where you know exactly what to do and when. Because I can’t just tell you that before March 1st, I can tell you that right now!

For you see, the script of this story has already been written out in full, so you won’t need to wait for that to be completed before you can begin. Yes, I know a NaNoRenO project is not supposed to begin before March 1st, but I wrote that script in two days and haven’t changed a word since, so if our project starts on the 3rd rather than the 1st it should be okay. And do you mind knowing for certain that this project isn’t going to end up discontinued because the writer couldn’t finish the tale ;) ?

Who am I looking for? (Update about received applications in next posts, but everything's officially still open until the 20th.)
I will most definitely need:
-A sprite artist for 3 sprites.
One with 3 sets of eyebrows(normal, angry, sad), 4 sets of eyes (normal, scared, down, side), 4 mouths (smile, sad, shout, pout.). The other two less than this.
Best case scenario is a cutesy, fluffy style that can become creepy with certain expressions, but a wide array of styles can work here.

-A programmer for the general code requirements of a game and 10.000 words of script, with expression commands and persistents already implemented for the most part. The biggest challenge code-wise would be adding a censorship on/off button to the preference menu, and that might even be scrapped.

-A CG artist for two CG. The first will be a CG with a stark light/darkness contrast so someone who can really make one of these extreme shadows work will be perfect for this job. It’s primarily to cover his features enough to give a mysterious vibe to a sleazy looking character so the Noir vibe isn't neccesary. The second is a promo image+main menu theme. If you only want to do one of these two and I do find someone for the other, also great.

Would like to have but this project can survive without:
-A chibi artist. I was really tempted to put this in the most definitely needed list but considering the difficulties that people tend to have with finding one… I really do hope to find one though for min. 3 and max 6 chibi sprites.

-A GUI artist. If you’re a GUI artist you’d know the specifics and workload better than me because GUI frankly scares me a bit. But for the style; think fluffy, girly and pink.

-A bg artist. There are 5 bg’s in this game, all of common everyday places.

-A composer. I know from experience that there’s one must-have song to a yandere story that’s hard to come by; A song that sounds like everything is happy and okay, yet everyone knows there’s something wrong: The song that signifies the normal girl turning Yandere-mode on. Could f.ex. be a song that’s happy with an alternative version that isn’t, like suddenly the instruments being slightly off in tone or rhythm.

-A proofreader. A harsh proofreader. If you don’t only pick out the writing errors from my script but also comment on any flaw in my writing style, criticize any stale or dumb part in my story, and question any plot hole you may see, then apply! If you’ll only sift out the spelling errors, then that’s fine too.

How to qualify?
-No pay. :( This is a noncommercial project and I’m not rich.(Just like with almost every NaNoRenO project.)

-I mentioned the entire workload that you’ll be facing above, and not a doodle more. Can you handle that in the time period of 3-31st of March with your expected schedule for that month?
--There should be no changes or additions to these tasks.
--You can apply for multiple jobs but only be selected for one (so mention your preference), unless you're agreeing to tackle more tasks at once. This is a question you won't need to worry about nor answer before the 20th though.
--If you do get multiple tasks you’ll work in order from top to bottom; all sprites done before starting on the bg’s for example, which will be CC's if need be. Hopefully that won’t happen, and you can always apply for multiple jobs and reject all but one if it does.

-Send me a PM with the following: Which part(s) you’re applying for, if you apply for multiple jobs which one’s your preference, a general idea of your expected schedule for March (Specifically: is there a period during the month where you’ll be unavailable or busy) and a (link to a) portfolio or project. If you’d like to add anything else to the PM, feel free.

(Note: I'm using the word portfolio as a fancy way of saying 'an example of your work', so a single image is already enough.)
-Have a portfolio or project to showcase your skill, style and abilities. I don't mean a professional looking portfolio, just something to show what you're able of. If you do have a collection of samples already and there’s a large variation of quality in your portfolio, please refer to the image closest to the quality level you’ll be striving for during this project. If you’re a programmer or proofreader, an estimate of your work speed should suffice instead of the above.

When will you qualify?
-You can send me a PM or mail any time between now and February 20th. I will send you a reply to let you know I received your application, but I will not choose anyone for any task until the 21st and there’s no early bird advantage here. The deadline will be strict at Lemmasoft’s midnight of the 20th though, too late is too late.

-You can withdraw your application at any time during this period, no hard feelings. Which means that you’re free to apply for Stalker&Yandere and keep browsing other recruitment threads, and you can PM me at any time before the 20th that you found another project and are dropping out of this one. Once it’s February 20th I will consider your application permanent though, so please don’t withdraw after the 19th or have other applications pending around that time.

-On the 21st and 22nd of February, I will reply to everyone with whether they’ve been selected or not.

-Between the 21rd and 24th (Depending on circumstances) you’ll receive the script of Stalker&Yandere and the specifics of your work and schedule will be discussed. For the next week and a bit we’ll be working out the communication between the group and the deadline system, discuss the best course of action, and will start on pre-project tasks like sketches etc.

-On the 3rd of March the project will begin.

I hope to see your application soon and wish you all the best of luck until then. Don’t let yourself be demoralised by the requirements above. If you want to work on this project then do apply, you will remain anonymous during the recruitment phase unless you yourself choose otherwise and there’s no shame in applying even if you’re not selected.

Congratulations, you've reached the end of this wall of text! A remarkable achievement indeed!
If anyone still has questions, feel free to ask.
Last edited by Mammon on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:41 am, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [NaNoRenO][IntRanAiMo]Stalker&Yandere (LF art, code, mus

#2 Post by Mammon »

Edit: Already changed the OP a bit, and I've got some applications. Yay! :D Thanks to Rito for pointing out one mayor flaw: me being a pompous bastard :lol: I've got to learn how to not talk business all the time. The original post below is outdated and no longer relevant.

There is still a long way to go before the deadline of February 20th, but please don't see that as a reason to wait for the very last moment. Like I said, feel free to apply even if you keep looking another project, you can cancel your application any time before the 19th. I can guarantee with a 98% certainty that IF this project starts it will be finished as well. And on schedule if possible, even if that means I got to tackle some tasks that aren't exactly my hobby. So either you'll be one project richer around April, or sending that PM will be the only wasted effort you put into this because the project will never start. Actually we'll probably be able to start looking at the applications I've received thus far.

If there's anyone who read this recruitment thread and doesn't want to apply, please reply why. If it's my fault, like me being too vague with what I'm looking for, your reply can help me improve my recruitment skills!My communication skills are awful...
And the qualities I'm looking for are not strict. If you're wondering whether your style applies, do ask. It probably will.
Last edited by Mammon on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by indoneko »

Preferably a cutesy, fluffy style that can become creepy with certain expressions, but a wide array of styles can work here. If you can make a cute girl that can become terrifying with a single expression change and a sleazy looking guy, you’re already qualified.
Do you have any reference pictures that best explain what you have in mind?
If there's anyone who read this recruitment thread and doesn't want to apply, please reply why
I actually wish to apply as colorist (especially for sprites & chibis), but you don't have that position.
And while drawing a cute gal is fine with me, I don't really want to draw the guy... :mrgreen: :lol:

Btw, are you using the same character from the original Pervert & Yandere VN or is it going to be completely new?
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

Dark Sentinel
Regular
Completed: Five in Frills

#4 Post by Dark Sentinel »

I would be happy to apply as code monkey and maybe as artist, but reasons I don't after all:
a. Nano 16 wasn't fun at all for me.
b. My sprite style is questionable and so is quality.
c. I don't understand why do you ever need an artist. What you created for Pervert & Yandere is perfectly great.
щ (ºДº ) щ

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Mammon »

indoneko wrote:
Preferably a cutesy, fluffy style that can become creepy with certain expressions, but a wide array of styles can work here. If you can make a cute girl that can become terrifying with a single expression change and a sleazy looking guy, you’re already qualified.
Do you have any reference pictures that best explain what you have in mind?
I did but removed them quickly after, because what I meant (and failed to say) was that pretty much anything that could do, would do. Almost any style. As long as the art style doesn't have a very serious, action or gritty vibe to it, it'll be fine. A cutesy, fluffy style would be a perfect match rather than the minimum requirements, a bit like what a politician promises during an election is their ultimate goal rather than their realistic expectations.

I know that's vague, and I know that me trying to say 'This is not a high requirement, many things will do!' is actually being interpretated as a high bar by most. I apologise, maybe one day I'll find a Mammon to English translator to help me. :(
I'll look for some examples, but I don't want to discourage anyone with them and I barely know of what styles there are so I fear that I'll forget half. Just some of google's first results after some quick searches. 1 2 3 4 5 etc., but these are more to showcase that anything will do. @everyone. If your style isn't among them, that doesn't mean it's not what I'm looking for.

I'm really disappointed in myself for not being able to properly communicate with others. When the proofreaders applied my heart bled because they gave their references as if I was going to cross-examine them and contact their previous project leaders, while what I meant with a reference was whether they knew their general work speed in a real project. Proofreading isn't as fast and easy as playing a game the regular way after all, so I was just cautious.
indoneko wrote:I actually wish to apply as colorist (especially for sprites & chibis), but you don't have that position.
And while drawing a cute gal is fine with me, I don't really want to draw the guy...
Interesting, if anyone applies for the outlines but doesn't want to do coloring, I'll get back to you. But unfortunately one can't do coloring first outlines later.
I saw that you didn't mention the CGs, so I guess you're not interested in doing the dark contrast image? Argh, that's like the one specific requirement I can't seem to scrap or loosen from the script. :evil: Everything else I could loosen in terms of requirements and workload, but not that one specific CG.
If need be I could even draw the outline for that CG myself, but I know I could never make the light/shadow contrast. I work with mouse, and that essentially means that I'm zooming in and doing things almost pixel by pixel sometimes. I've got no oversight of the whole nor the understanding of coloring to do something like such a contrast. The result could be compared to playing chess and me only being able to see one square at a time rather than the entire deck.
Dark Sentinel wrote:I would be happy to apply as code monkey and maybe as artist, but reasons I don't after all:
a. Nano 16 wasn't fun at all for me.
b. My sprite style is questionable and so is quality.
c. I don't understand why do you ever need an artist. What you created for Pervert & Yandere is perfectly great.
Aw, that's too bad. I remember playing five in frills, the sudden appearance of Not-Chlutulu :wink: and him even corrupting the main menu once you got an ending was interesting.
a. We shouldn't spend our free time on things we don't like doing, I understand.
c. I don't like making art, and I'm very self-critical. I actually like your sprites better than mine because I can see EVERYTHING wrong with mine. Every flaw I made, every objective I didn't achieve, every effect I can't do with my skills. Making the drawings is tedious and time consuming, and I'm always disappointed by the results. I like writing and want to do more in that regard, but art is something I did in Pervert&Yandere because I didn't want to be limited by CC's and didn't feel like my writing was worthy of the time of an artist yet.
I actually plan to make the chibi's myself unless someone applies for that task (Chibi artists are harder to find than others so one applying here is unlikely), but if the neccesary tasks can't be filled (and I can't find someone in the services offered section last minute) this project will probably end up discontinued.
indoneko wrote:Btw, are you using the same character from the original Pervert & Yandere VN or is it going to be completely new?
Nope, these are completely new characters, no affiliation to the P&Y cast.

I edited the OP again to be even less specific and seemingly demanding. I tried to prevent confusing people by giving clear and decisive terms and conditions, and ended up pouring oil over a candle... :( Sorry
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Vegeluxia
Regular
Projects: The Exorcynic (WIP), CPU-CITY (WIP)
Tumblr: lemonylulu
Deviantart: Vegeluxia

#6 Post by Vegeluxia »

Maybe I glanced over it, but would the sprite artist also be designing said characters based off description? Or is there/will there be pre-existing visual reference? I might be interested in applying, but that does make a big difference for me. :'D

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Mammon »

Vegeluxia wrote:Maybe I glanced over it, but would the sprite artist also be designing said characters based off description? Or is there/will there be pre-existing visual reference? I might be interested in applying, but that does make a big difference for me. :'D
That depends on the artist's preference. My requirements of what they have to look like are very minimalistic, but if you do want more guidelines I can expand upon whatever you want to know. I can give visual examples too, but as the art style too will depend more upon the artist's skills and style, so I can't really do that yet.

F.ex the yandere:
Minimalistic:
-A cute girl
-Age: the sprite looks adult enough to claim 18+ but not too old. (a.k.a. 95% of all sprites around here.)
-Cup size: As long as it's not harem-genre large (E cup and larger), I don't care.
-A bit of an airheaded/easy-going look, like slightly more round and open eyes, to go with her initial cute and silly personality.
-No crossed arms or other stature-hints to a more closed off personality.
As long as it adheres to these guide lines, the artist's own impression of Yandere-chan(name pending) after reading the script and their own experience drawing will probably be much better than what I can tell. You'd actually have to do something outrageous like giving her a Mohawk or something to make me decline the sprite and demand revisions.

Visual examples:
I'd look for an example more adhering to the artist's style, but during the writing the girl on the right (minus the red eyes) was what I envisioned her to look. (But considering she was also what I envisioned Daniella to look and will most likely be my visualisation for many more characters to come...)

Expansive description:
What do you want to know? Hair color, length, style? Eye color? Dress code? Ornaments? I could decide upon everything and anything, but only upon the artist asking it. Otherwise, I'm not exactly nitpicking about that stuff.

Same goes for the other jobs of course. Programming? I'll have general ideas and some understanding what Renpy can and can't do so what you'd consider the easiest option will work. GUI? Pinkish was a suggestion, if you'll got a different vibe from the script I'll be glad to have different GUI at all. The CG? Unfortunately that's the only rather specific style in the entire story as I mentioned before...
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Dark Sentinel
Regular

#8 Post by Dark Sentinel »

As long as I don't have to draw guys, I actually get a strong wish to polish my skills during February and join you.
щ (ºДº ) щ

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by indoneko »

I saw that you didn't mention the CGs, so I guess you're not interested in doing the dark contrast image?
Depends. I do coloring in cell-shading anime style, not photorealistic painterly style like in that detective picture.
As long as I don't have to draw guys, I actually get a strong wish to polish my skills during February and join you.
Glad to know that I wasn't the only one hesitant to draw the guy... :lol:
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

banannasquid
Completed: Stalker and Yandere
Projects: Stalker and Yandere
Tumblr: banannasquid
Deviantart: infinitytentacle

#10 Post by banannasquid »

I like drawing lolis so its a win for me lol, if its only a couple of sprites, I think I can do it. The only real portfolio I got is my deviantart: http://infinitytentacle.deviantart.com/gallery/ and a better examples of my cutsey anime girls can be found at here: https://www.instagram.com/banannasquid/

I can also attempt some backgrounds if you need them, I'm not that good at them so I can't guarantee any quality although this would be a good opportunity for me to get some practice

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Mammon »

hi Banannasquid, thank for applying! I've added you to the list of applicants for both the sprite and the background position (although you're still all alone in the latter category).
Indoneko wrote:Glad to know that I wasn't the only one hesitant to draw the guy... :lol:
I think that's going to be an opinion shared by for a lot of people unfortunately :( . It's not just drawing a guy, it's drawing a sleezeball. (or rather, any kind of guy that you wouldn't like to introduce to your parents.) If I'd imagine how to do it, I'd take a bad-boy as visual example and add a trench coat, binoculars and a 4-day beard to the picture. That ought to look creepy, right? I dunno.

And the dark contrast wouldn't be photo-realistic of course, the example was a photo rather than a drawing. It's just incredibly difficult to find a drawn example of what I was looking for without giving an image of batman. (Urgh, so cliche.)
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

banannasquid
Completed: Stalker and Yandere
Projects: Stalker and Yandere
Tumblr: banannasquid
Deviantart: infinitytentacle

#12 Post by banannasquid »

Mammon wrote:hi Banannasquid, thank for applying! I've added you to the list of applicants for both the sprite and the background position (although you're still all alone in the latter category).

Alright, PM me when you figure out what you want people to do.
Indoneko wrote:Glad to know that I wasn't the only one hesitant to draw the guy... :lol:
If drawing the guy is a problem, why not turn him into a cute anime girl too :D

Dark Sentinel
Regular

#13 Post by Dark Sentinel »

Yandere&Yandere, insane psycho girls love story?
щ (ºДº ) щ

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

[NaNoRenO][IntRanAiMo]Stalker&Yandere (LF art, code, music)

#14 Post by Mammon »

banannasquid wrote:
If drawing the guy is a problem, why not turn him into a cute anime girl too :D
If the stalker is female, she's a yandere and the story would be called Yandere&Yandere just like Dark Sentinel said :lol: . No, the stalker has to be male for him to be creepy rather than weirdly hot. Also there are a few things that wouldn't work with that in mind.
(There's totally no story outline called YanderexYanderexYandere that can't have a Yandere&Yandere predecessor...)
And I'll send the PM's to everyone who applied on the 20th.

Little update:
I've received applications from proofreaders and sprite, chibi, and bg artists, programmers, CG artists and composers. Hurray~!
No applications have been received thus far for: GUI artist. Aw, they're all alone...
Little note: the positions are open until the 20th, so it's still possible to apply for any of them.
Last edited by Mammon on Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#15 Post by Zelan »

Hey, that's good to hear! ^_^ Hopefully the last couple slots shouldn't be too hard to fill.