Zodiac✼Axis: A Fantasy-Fusion Otome [GxB] [KICKSTARTER]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

Re: Zodiac✼Axis: A Fantasy-Fusion Otome [GxB]

#16 Post by melelisun »

Emilily wrote:1.What are your impressions on the plot or story? Like the others, it's certainly not every single day that I see something based purely of the Asian Zodiac/mythology. The general storyline seems fairly interesting from my standpoint, but it doesn't seem to have as much darkness I was hoping for, but this is just from my first impressions of the story. Looking down at the characters though, they have short descriptions, but the red text makes them all the more intriguing. I think the characters suggest a darker story than initially suggested/implied from the content before it. I think though that this primarily caught my attention because it is based on the Zodiac, which I adore!
Thanks so much for the feedback! The current description is very short and intentionally somewhat vague. A more detailed description will be released upon the Kickstarter launch - it might be more clear at that point whether this will be something you're interested in :)
Emilily wrote:2. Whose route would you likely pursue first? I would definitely want to pursue Dexter, because I want to know what's behind the obscured text. He seems like one of those mysterious yet smiley characters, and it really gets me thinking about what secrets he may hold and reveal throughout the course of the story. I would probably also pursue Zaxary for two main reasons: (1) he's an elementary school teacher, and that's one of my favorite occupations to see in characters, for some reason, and (2) the façade part sends chills down me; I like that feeling, to be honest. At any rate, I look forward to an immersive and emotional story!
Yessss. Dexter my personal fav too. Very glad to hear that Zax's description prompted chills; that was definitely the intention.
Image Image

melelisun
Regular

#17 Post by melelisun »

Our Kickstarter and pre-alpha demo is live! We've updated the thread with some content. More details are on our Kickstarter thread (and will soon be updated on our website.)
Image Image

flaminghippo
Regular
Projects: At Bay
IRC Nick: flaminghippo

#18 Post by flaminghippo »

I really enjoyed the demo! The artwork is beautiful. I will say the festival music at the beginning took me out of the experience a bit, but overall the demo feels very polished.

melelisun
Regular

#19 Post by melelisun »

flaminghippo wrote:I really enjoyed the demo! The artwork is beautiful. I will say the festival music at the beginning took me out of the experience a bit, but overall the demo feels very polished.
Thanks for the feedback! What about the music took you out of the experience?
Image Image

sicklesium
Regular
Projects: Solemn Dirge
Organization: Virus Alpha Studios
Tumblr: keiyuh

Re: Zodiac✼Axis: A Fantasy-Fusion Otome [GxB] [KICKSTARTER]

#20 Post by sicklesium »

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! The demo was perfect - on the contrary to one comment, the music was very submersive for me. Actually, the music was my favorite part. I'm a big fan of using lots of sound to convey feelings and actions and that's exactly what you did...and wonderfully.

I really enjoyed it, and will be backing the kickstarter within the next few days/week!

melelisun
Regular

#21 Post by melelisun »

sicklesium wrote:This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! The demo was perfect - on the contrary to one comment, the music was very submersive for me. Actually, the music was my favorite part. I'm a big fan of using lots of sound to convey feelings and actions and that's exactly what you did...and wonderfully.

I really enjoyed it, and will be backing the kickstarter within the next few days/week!
Oh! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed it, and that the music contributed to your experience! :D Perhaps the music is polarizing.
Image Image

flaminghippo
Regular
Projects: At Bay
IRC Nick: flaminghippo

#22 Post by flaminghippo »

melelisun wrote:
flaminghippo wrote:I really enjoyed the demo! The artwork is beautiful. I will say the festival music at the beginning took me out of the experience a bit, but overall the demo feels very polished.
Thanks for the feedback! What about the music took you out of the experience?
Ah! It was just the festival track. I think the drums (particularly the drum solo bit) were a little overpowering. It just distracted me a bit. Not like it was hugely detrimental to the experience or anything! I'm just easily distracted by sounds.

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

#23 Post by Ertal77 »

I finally played the demo! I will definitely buy it when it's released: the story is intriguing and well written, the music is good and the game is visually beautiful, especially the backgrounds.
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!