Writer | Creative Developer | Outline Writer [Closed]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
pigionsdeliver
Regular
Projects: SSWK, TWA, SDS: The Tail Makes the Fox
itch: pigionsdeliver

Writer | Creative Developer | Outline Writer [Closed]

#1 Post by pigionsdeliver »

•••Currently Closed. Thank you for your interest. Will re-open when I have finished a project or two•••
Let me be your
Writer | Creative Developer | Outline Writer
I have been writing for 15+ years for various projects. This includes but isn't limited to novels, theatre scripts, roleplays, and VN's.

I am currently working on three VN's [one of which is on indefinite hiatus]. So, have some experience at writing VN's though I am still in the process of learning.

Writer - I prefer writing for an older target audience however I am willing to write what is needed. I am capable of writing a large quantity in a very short time. I have the British inheritance of banter and so most of the dialogue I write will have aspects of quick wit and dry humour.

Creative Developer & Outline Writer: I pride myself on well-rounded characters and plots that move and add more to the player's experience. A normal outline from me generally consists of a breakdown of the characters' history detailing all the key stages of their life, a scene by scene breakdown of the story including branches, key choices, drabbles of possible dialogue or jokes. I believe that outlines are very important and that writing shouldn't begin until outlines have been ironed out completely and this is why I place it as a second skill I will offer.
If you would like to, please feel free to request a sample for your specific project. Generally, these will be a page. I do ask that you present me with a setting, characters and general situation/direction.

Extra information...
♣I go by Ashe.
♣I've lived and worked in Japan for over a year and so understand the culture well.
♣Native English speaker.
♣I think I am quite funny if I do say so myself.

I ask for your willingness to be open and offer an honest appraisal of my work in order for me to give you the best that I can. If you wish to contact me for further information [samples/rates/general enquires] please provide the following information.
♠Your name:
♠Your Role:
♠Project:
♠Summary of Project:
♠Estimated length of project: [Time and word count]
♠Current status/Progress of project:
♠Commercial or free:
♠Free/ Trade / Revenue share:
♠What skills you require from me:
♠Contact details:

I look forward to your reply.

Ashe-
Last edited by pigionsdeliver on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AdaleUnapproved

Re: AvailableWriter

#2 Post by AdaleUnapproved »

Hey, do you have any samples and rate estimates?

pigionsdeliver
Regular

Re: AvailableWriter

#3 Post by pigionsdeliver »

AdaleUnapproved wrote:Hey, do you have any samples and rate estimates?
Rates will be given once I know more about your project. I work quickly, and I write a lot. So, to help you out, I generally charge per scene. So information is needed to give you an estimate.

HOWEVER, I do have an ongoing project in need of a few things so a trade might also be an option.

Will Trade for:
♠ GUI artist
♦ CG artist
♣ Composer,
♥ Colourist
••• and anything else you may wish to offer •••

As for samples, those can be provided once I know what your project entails.

Thanks,
Ashe-

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Writer | Creative Developer | Outline Writer [Closed]

#4 Post by Ran08 »

Had an opportunity to work with Ashe on a project. I can assure you that her writing quality is really good, and she seems to be an agreeable person. :) Definitely someone you'd want on your team.

That is, until she went AWOL. She did eventually come back to announce that she was permanently leaving...... which was all fine and good, since at this point, the team hadn't heard from her for like a month or so and was already sort of expecting it. But then, we were informed by the team leader that when Ashe left, she deleted all the scripts that had already been finished at that point, from the cloud. The cloud. Where everyone apparently kept everything, to keep this exact thing from happening. So long story short, all the scripts were gone, and I mean all - not just the stuff she wrote. (Lesson learned: backup everything regularly, people! I personally only had backups to the stuff I wrote, because even I never thought this would happen. My mistake, huhu. But well, even that was deleted from the cloud.) And the team was left feeling (understandably) betrayed.

So, yep. She's good, there's no doubt about that, but... (sorry Ashe) take her at your own risk, I guess?

Miya Moo
Regular
Projects: Truth Unveiled
Organization: Maple Leaf Studio
Tumblr: miyarishirou
Deviantart: ladymiyarishirou

Beware of "pigionsdeliver" - review

#5 Post by Miya Moo »

She started out agreeable and nice.
But when she falls out with you, she's going to stay out. Whether you know it or not, it seems she holds a grudge. She left our team high and dry after months and then, in Dec, told us that she needed time off. So we went on an unofficial hiatus because of holidays and whatnot. Only for her to tell us she'll let us know at the end of January if she'll return. She said wouldn't. After that, she deleted our scripts and set us back by quite a bit, leaving us to have to redo so very much from scratch. Not to mention, she deleted documents where she didn't even write the scripts. Anything she had ownership of, she deleted because she could. There was no accident, no way she accidentally deleted so much.

Be warned all ye they dare inquire. She's good, but ask yourself if you'd like to be down to square one again after months of work on your game?
She's petty, and quick to assume the worst when you say something to her. She considers every critique a personal attack and will try to control your team and micromanage everything everyone does. She starts off professional and nice, but as time goes on, you'll see a new side of her that'll make you regret everything.

I have witnesses.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#6 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

I agree. She was great to work with. However, she left in the end without a week of contact and then came back to tell me she couldn't continue on writing. Fortunately, it was a good farewell...
ImageImage

RotGtIE
Veteran

Re: Beware of "pigionsdeliver" - review

#7 Post by RotGtIE »

If you want to run a project, your management method needs to be capable of withstanding sudden personnel changes. You should be keeping backups of all of your project content, and you should use a directory which allows for reverting documents to previous conditions in the way that Google Drive does. Best practices are to limit edit options only to those that are necessary for each contributor to add their work to the project's content directories.

When you hire people or bring them on to collaborate, organize what you're having people do by assigning tasking - even before you have a person available to complete the tasks - and then reach out for someone who can provide what is needed. Your project's development should be oriented around the asset needs of the project, and not around the people who may join and leave its development at any time.

Whoever cares the most about getting the project completed is going to have to take up the responsibility of being the project lead and direct the efforts of others as well as control access and secure the progress that has been completed at any given point in time. If that's going to be you, then you will have to accept that you have a lot more administrative tasking to take care of. If that was already supposed to be you, then you failed in your role for the project and the other collaborators suffered as a result of your negligence.

I care nothing for personal drama, but there are lessons to be learned here regardless of the specific people involved, and those lessons are better learned the easy way than the hard way. But then, they are also better learned the hard way than not at all.

pigionsdeliver
Regular

#8 Post by pigionsdeliver »

Ran08 wrote:Had an opportunity to work with Ashe on a project. I can assure you that her writing quality is really good, and she seems to be an agreeable person. :) Definitely someone you'd want on your team. So, yep. She's good, there's no doubt about that, but... (sorry Ashe) take her at your own risk, I guess?
I was unaware that this had happened. I was just decluttering some of my files and thought it was best not to have access to the scripts, so I deleted them. I didn't know I was the only one with copies of the files since they were meant to be backed up regularly.
I am a little upset none of you felt the need to contact me regarding this issue as this is the first I am hearing of it. Anyway, I have resolved the issue and transferred ownership to Phil. Please let me know if there is anything else you require.
Also, please remember to backup your files. Things can get lost even in a cloud.

LadyOfGatsby wrote:I agree. She was great to work with. However, she left in the end without a week of contact and then came back to tell me she couldn't continue on writing. Fortunately, it was a good farewell...
I apologise that I was unable to see your project through. I just felt it was better to do so earlier rather than later. I hope the work I was able to do helped.

Both of these projects were free and I am sorry to say I simply had to prioritise my IRL work. I had tried to keep you informed of any delays but it turned out my schedule just didn't allow me much extra time. I wish both your projects success and hope that you do not think badly of me.

Ashe-