NaNoReno 2017 General Recruitment Thread!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

NaNoReno 2017 General Recruitment Thread!

#1 Post by Googaboga »

It's less than a month until NaNo time, so I figured it was about time to start another one of these threads up.

The nicely explained post below was written by Deji for the 2015 NaNo recruitment thread. The idea to reuse this explanation is from Lesleigh63 who did so for the 2016 NaNo recruitment thread. Thank both you guys. I hope you don't mind me doing the same thing in a thread this year ^^;.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
❋ So you want to participate in NaNoRenO 2015 2017? ❋

Unless you're working solo, you probably need a group! Or maybe you already have a group but could use more members!
Go ahead and post your or your group's information so people can contact you!

➤ A person looking for a group

Please list your skills and the things you're willing to contribute with, and if you have any preferences!

Example 1:
I'm an artist!
I can contribute character designs, character sprites and a few CGs (full screen, cut-ins, or chibis, not more than 4 full screen CGs).
I can't do backgrounds or GUI.
I'd like to work on a romance GxB game if possible! No BxB, no nudity, no abuse or violence, please :'3
I can communicate via forum Private Messages!
Thanks!
Example 2:
I'm a programer.
I'm good at basic coding, along with coding custom GUI and some ATL elements (within reason).
I'm looking to work on any kind of project, I'm not picky!
I'm okay with communicating through e-mail or Skype chat.

➤ A group looking for more members

Please list the basic, spoiler-free characteristics, tags/warnings and mood of the idea you have, what kind of people are you looking for and how you plan to communicate!

Example 1:
Our group is working on a non-romantic slice of life comedy with magical elements set in japanese high school!
We have a programer, writer and a musician, but we *really* need an artist!
The story will have 3 characters and as many CGs as the artist can cram in during March.
We have a Skype chat group set up for meetings, so Skype availability would be great (don't worry, no voice chat!)
Example 2:
We're working on a BxG bittersweet story about hard choices in life and moving on from the past. There will be mentions of abuse.
We're specifically looking for a Background artist.
If you can design a custom GUI or contribute with some music, that'd be great!
We plan to work using Trello.
* If you're a solo person with an idea you'd like people to help you with, you're better posting as a group ;)

Happy NaNo-ing! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[I've got a project now so I edited me details out]

Thanks and good luck to everybody :mrgreen:!
Last edited by Googaboga on Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

gamerbum
Regular
Projects: Our Lovely Escape, Mizari Loves Company
Organization: Reine Works
Tumblr: reineworks

Re: NaNoReno 2017 General Recruitment Thread!

#2 Post by gamerbum »

I'm an editor & programmer looking to join a project as one or the other (or possibly both if the idea interests me enough). I'll be working on another game during the jam, too, so I'm looking to join a relatively small project that'll be finished within the deadline. Willing to communicate through pretty much anything.

For programming, I can do regular story stuff & GUI. Minor sprite animations (ie, blinking) are no problem, provided that the art is formatted correctly.

For my editing and writing experience, samples, and project restrictions, please check here: viewtopic.php?t=35737

Preferred types of projects: GxG, GxB, 18+.

Thanks for making this post, Googaboga, and congrats on your release!

Trina
Regular
Projects: Acidic, All The Pretty Flowers, Evolved: Codex Wars, Cafe Memoria, Yggdrasil, Yin/Yang
Tumblr: @TrinaDeuhart

#3 Post by Trina »

Hiya! I'm a voice project actress looking for projects I can do for NaNoReno or any other kind! I am fine with any genres, literally nothing bothers me. I've helped in a few games before, such as Cafe Memoria and Seduce Me. I hope you consider me.

Please message me here or email at trinadeuhart@gmail.com

Here is my sample of my voice in my 2017 demo reel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KV1fId8izg

I use a Baby Blue Bottle XLR microphone, Blue Yeti Popfilter, and a Focusrite 2i2 interface.

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#4 Post by Alcor »

Hello!

Our group is working on a light-hearted otome game (Gx(WhateverYouWantToMake)) with stat-raising elements. The game is divided into relatively short routes, with a different artist/writer for each route. (Don't worry, we want a different style for each route, and this arrangement makes sense given the premise of the game!)

So please consider joining us if you are looking for a NaNoRenO project and you are:
- an artist* AND a writer, and want to create at least one route on your own
- an artist* who wants to partner** with a writer for a route
- a writer who wants to partner** with an artist for a route
- (maybe a programmer, too!)
*please note that artists would be expected to handle the sprites + CGs (if applicable) + possibly BGs for their route(s). It'd maybe be 2-4 sprites (depending on what the writer needs) and a few CGs!
**feel free to apply with or without a partner! we will try to help you find a partner if necessary and possible

We will be communicating via Skype and discussing the project as a team. Please PM me here if you'd like to join, or if you have any questions. Thank you!

EDIT: Thank you for the applications! At this point in time, we are closed to all applications. We wish you luck on your NaNo ventures!
Last edited by Alcor on Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:30 am, edited 6 times in total.

wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

#5 Post by wingzofdarkness »

Hello,

I'm an artist with little otome game experience looking to join a team for a small/short game as a CG artist. My art is anime or otome style geared towards lady games.

Although I can create sprites, my preference is to focus on CGs. I can estimate a probable of 4 sprites or 3 CGs depending on complexity of the scene within a month. (Close-ups/simple CGs are easier/faster for me).

Preferences: GxB, romance, CG scenes, platonic/friendship, historical theme, modern day theme, 1 or 2 routes

Samples attached. Girls are not my strength, but I try.

I prefer working with those who have participated in NaNOReno before, have finished creating a game, OR know how to manage their time to get the game competed by the deadline.
As long as you can finish NaNo, then we'll be good~

Edit:
You can reach me through PM and from there we can figure out the best method of communication.
The earlier you ask me, the more you can get out of it. Looking forward to finding a perfect team ^^
Attachments
Otome Samples.png
Last edited by wingzofdarkness on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

#6 Post by Agashi »

Edited: 02/15/17

Our group is going to be putting together a scifi/romance GxB project with a heavier tone this year, and we'd be interested in adding a couple additional members, depending on your skill set! Er... I'm not sure if Robolove counts as a warning, but there will be that...

-- Story summary:
MC is rescued by a laborer-android when her ship and crew are destroyed during a routine mission by space debris. The two survivors must spend an entire three-month journey alone with each other aboard a small ship and there is little to do on board besides get to know one another... It's a slow, ponderous romance between the two characters and the player's choices determine how it unfolds - or doesn't unfold, as the case may be.

We're pretty much covered on writing, programming, GUI, and character sprites, but we could definitely use:

- BG artist comfortable with futuristic/scifi type scenes. The game would need 5 BGs of scenes around the interior of the ship (A hallway/deck, crew bunk, gym, etc. Minimal details fine) or however many you can manage. I have references! Woohoo! BG Artist position covered!

- CG Artist willing to do around 7 CGs. 3 of these will have one character (1 female, 2 male). 4 have two (all male/female). Examples of the art style we're shooting for below! :mrgreen:
Alternatively, if you're an interested colorist, the sprite artist may be willing to provide lineart, which you could then just color for us. :D

Skype is our preferred method of communication and what we've been using so far but email is also fine. :D Feel free to PM me here first though, if you're interested! :) We've got an outline and one character concept art so far (credit for concept goes to Aqua!).
Rough concept for MC. Art style is semi-realistic.
Rough concept for MC. Art style is semi-realistic.
Last edited by Agashi on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

#7 Post by Mammon »

Stalker and Yandere already has a recruitment thread here and I've already received applications for everything but the GUI artist, but why not bump this and advertise the project a bit while I'm at it?
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

MusashiKorian
Regular
Projects: Runa
Organization: Korian Gaming
IRC Nick: MusashiKorian
Deviantart: funktasticmo

#8 Post by MusashiKorian »

I'm an editor/storyboarder
I can contribute edits to scenes and scripts to make sure everything flows and makes sense to the player/reader. I can also help create a storyboard if the need arises that you need help in doing so.
I can work on any type of project within reason.
I can communicate via forum Private Messages, Skype, Discord, whatever you want.

Thanks for your consideration!

~My Steam Name~
≈MusashiKorian≈

~My Projects Recruitment Thread~

~My Talents I Bring to the Table~
Voice Acting
Writing/Proofreading/Editing
Story Boarding
Programming
Artist

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#9 Post by Windchimes »

Hey! Our group is working on a fantasy, sci-fi otome (GxB and GxN). More details can be found here from our previous recruitment thread but I'll copy the premise here:
Ever since Aliya joined Airis’ Vassals as a warrior, she has been devoted to her cause of protecting her country from the senseless creatures that started attacking the cities years ago. Constantly training in dungeons and working to improve herself, she believes she can become one of the best warriors in the kingdom. Unfortunately, there is just one little problem -- lately, Aliya has been suffering from blackouts, waking up in different locations with no memory of what happened. Fearful of what this means and what may be happening to her, Aliya is determined to get to the bottom of her strange condition.
We currently have 2 writers (we both finished Lads in Distress last year for NaNo), 1 sprite/CG artist, 1 BG artist, 1 GUI artist and 1 logo artist. We would like to add a chibi CG artist to the team as there are some funny and cute moments in the game that we thought chibi CGs would suit perfectly. Expected workload would be around 2 to 4 chibi CGs.

We currently use Ryver to communicate, but if you prefer something else like Skype/Discord, that's doable (though you'd only really be PMing me to stay updated with the rest of the team's work because we don't want to start another group chat).

Please PM me here if you are interested in applying, with samples of your chibis and chibi CGs if possible. Thanks!

Edit: Closed. Position filled.
Last edited by Windchimes on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yenn

#10 Post by Yenn »

Hello! I'm a writer wanting to collaborate on a short project with an artist or a group of people. I also have very basic coding skills with Ren'Py, so I can help with that as well. I have a bit of an idea for a story, but I'd really like to collaborate with another on what story we're going to work with. I want to have input on the story we chose and I want all the people involved to be able to do so too.

I find myself to be a pretty decent writer. I have a lot of free time on my hands and will also have plenty of time during March.
I'm comfortable with LGBT+ and most genres. Except I won't do 18+, sorry! Anything else though, just ask me.

If you're interested and would like to see some of my writing examples, please feel free to message me here.
I'm easy to contact and usually respond fast.

Thank you! :)
Last edited by Yenn on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy_oai
Regular
Tumblr: obsessionaboutillusions

#11 Post by Amy_oai »

Hey fellas!
Like last year, I'm opening up a few slots for trailers for your finished nano projects.
These are completely free of charge, as I simply want to expand my portfolio and give people with no budget a chance to get a trailer :)

This isn't really a first come first serve thing, more of a 'show me your project' thing, since last year there were quite a few people who reserved slots,
but ended up not finishing their projects in the end. Which was a shame for the people I had to turn down because there weren't available slots.

Once you/your team has a bit of artwork and a song, feel free to contact me! You can always contact me earlier for more info though.

If you click the image above, it'll send you to my recruitment thread where you can see some more details on my services.
*this offer is for nanoreno games only. I do not offer a free trailer for games outside of nanoreno territory
Image Image Image Image

Anomalis
Projects: Lovelie Deception; Beauty and the Brothers; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Holiday♥Lovers
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

#12 Post by Anomalis »

Hey, guys! For NaNoRenO, Anomalis will be working on a GxG/B, romance/fantasy VN called An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer.

It's about a girl who travels to the North Pole as an intern with her parents. One day, she goes out in a blizzard and ends up getting lost. She's then saved by none other than... Santa's reindeer!

The team consists of writers, a sprite/CG artist, and a BG artist. We're looking for a GUI artist and possibly a composer.

We mainly use Ryver as our means of communication, but email and/or PM is fine, too. We're looking for people who will be committed to the project since this will be the team's first NaNoRenO ^^ If you're interested in either the GUI artist or composer position, please don't hesitate to contact us via PM or email at anomalis.games@gmail.com with your portfolio attached.

Thank you!

Found a GUI artist! Good luck to everyone! :D
Last edited by Anomalis on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#13 Post by wyverngem »

Programmer here. I'm also looking to join a team this year. I'm open to almost any type of visual or kinetic novel. (18+ themes are fine, but no graphic sex.)

I've programmed all of my games doing custom GUI, custom screens, and have worked with raw Python. I'm comfortable with most basic things and have done coding for stat building, traditional branching, and even card games. I'm also comfortable working with sprite compositions and setting up blinking animations and using voice.

The games I've completed are Simple as Snow and Lady Luck's Due, a black jack card game I coded from scratch.

I'm open to communicating through e-mail and private message on the forum.

TheJerminator15
Regular
Completed: A Sedentary Fist
Projects: Manipulation, Switch Swap, Unnamed Project
itch: jamsandwich

#14 Post by TheJerminator15 »

I'd like to put myself forward, now that I'm back up full time. I'm a writer who is comfortable writing pretty much anything but am most comfortable writing sci-fi, fantasy and action scenes. Due to also being in college however, I cannot guarantee writing a story longer than 20k words.
My Current Writing Project: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37699
Manipulation Teaser Demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJ4E ... zV6TWVaclk

LunarNoir

#15 Post by LunarNoir »

Hi! My name is Lina.
I would like to offer my writing, editing, or idea bouncing services to you if you wish.
Since this is a one-month special event, I am offering this for free - this applies to all projects meant for this event.
I am a bit flexible in regards to a writing style, and may adapt to some extent to the style you may wish to have.

My interests are mainly neutral, but I have a slight bias towards slice-of-life and fantastical romance.
Additionally, my interests have also been leaning towards the sci-fi and boy's love genre - though it is still aspiring.
I am also open for otome and bishoujo though. I am willing to do shoujo-ai, but only for friendship routes.
The only aspect that I have a heavy bias on is the art style - I would really love an anime visual appeal.

Since I do advanced and enriched courses in school, I will have to invest more time in school-work.
However, that doesn't mean that I can not make a contribution every day - I can write anywhere from 100 to 1K words per day.
Possibly less, or possibly more. This depends on my workload in school, and my paid commissioners as well (though currently, it's mild on commissions.)

Three writing samples (all with a slightly differing style) may be seen below. They are around one-page long in a Google document.
If you would like, you may request a sample, but I prefer that you request at least one week before the beginning of March.
[ IIIIII ]

To contact me, you can send a mail to lunarnoir@yahoo.com or send a message into my Lemma inbox.
I check my e mail once or twice every day. I have not set notifications to come to me when a message is sent through Lemma.
Therefore, it may take a little bit of a longer time to reply if you send there - though the wait should not be more than 3 days.
Thank you, and I hope I am considered to work with you soon!