Change Cursor Via Screen Imagebutton [Solved!]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

Change Cursor Via Screen Imagebutton [Solved!]

#1 Post by Heiden »

Hi! I'm wanting to make it so that when a player clicks a certain imagebutton in my game, the cursor changes.

I'm using this code, taken from here (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37403&hilit=mouse)

Code: Select all

init 1 python:
    def change_cursor(type="default"):
        persistent.mouse = type
        if type == "default":
            setattr(config, "mouse", None)
        elif type == "1":
            setattr(config, "mouse", {"default": [("images/gui/cursor1.png", 0, 0)]})
        elif type == "2":
            setattr(config, "mouse", {"default": [("images/gui/cursor2.png", 0, 0)]})

if not hasattr(persistent, "mouse"):
        change_cursor()
    else:
        change_cursor(persistent.mouse)
and using it in the label scenes as such:

$ change_cursor("1")
    "Hey look at this cool cursor!"
    $ change_cursor("2")
    "Wow, another cool cursor!"

And things are working great when I test it out, but I'm a little unsure of how to exactly write the code in order to declare the "$ change_cursor("2")" in an imagebutton format. I've tried using a SetVariable and a SetScreenVariable but neither have worked.

So far what I have is:

imagebutton auto "images/gui/inventory_screen/inventory_options_use_%s.png" xpos 0 ypos 0 focus_mask True action [ Hide("item_options"), Hide ("inventory_screen"), Show("inventory_button2"), SetVariable("item_use", "True"), SetVariable("inventory_look", "show"), SetVariable("change_cursor", "2"),]
I'm using Renpy 6.99.11, thank you so much for your help!
Last edited by Heiden on Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

IrinaLazareva
Veteran
Projects: Legacy
Organization: SunShI

Re: Change Cursor Via Screen Imagebutton

#2 Post by IrinaLazareva »

try Function()

imagebutton auto ..... action Function(change_cursor, "1")
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/screen_a ... l#Function

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

Re: Change Cursor Via Screen Imagebutton

#3 Post by Heiden »

It's working!!

Thank you so much! :D :D
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!