Tales of Saleana [Otome] [Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
HarmoniaPro2

Tales of Saleana [Otome] [Fantasy]

#1 Post by HarmoniaPro2 »

DEMO
You can download the demo here: https://harmoniaproxpro.itch.io/tales-of-saleana
-----------------------------------
STORY

Saleana is a 20 years-old vampire living with her grand-parent.
It is a must for a 20 years-old vampire to go on a lone human hunt but our missy outright opposes it.
The reason? It's because she doesn't drink human blood like others.

But finally, after all the nagging and pleading of her grand-parent, she decides to give it a try.
Who could be more suitable to be her target than this random handsome guy she meets on the road?
But wait, he's a priest???

------------------------------------
CHARACTERS

Image Image Image Image

If you follow this facebook link, you can get access to the rest of the cast. https://www.facebook.com/pg/HarmoniaPro ... 1869975741

SCREENSHOTS

-----------------------------
WHAT WE PLAN TO OFFER:
[*] A comedic, light-heart story. There will be some sad elements but nothing too dramatic.
[*] 3 possible routes and 9 planned endings.
[*] Around 2-3 hours of gameplay.
[*] Original BGs, Sprites and CGs.
OUR TEAM
Script and Coding
Narcisse19
Artists and BG artists
Mikitakamoto - Liirin Risun
QUESTIONS
It is our first time making a game, so our idea is to keep it a small and short one, and focus on the 3 things we think as most important: Story, Art and GUI design. We would be very grateful if you could try our demo and give us feedback on these points ;-; :
1. Are the characters agreeable? Do you think their actions are justifiable or we need to elaborate more on the writing to make it so?
2. Does the story flow well? Does it make you wish for more? Are the grammar and orthograph correct?
3. Does the art suit the tone of the story?
4. For the GUI, we are thinking of hiding the quick menu in the main game, giving the option of choosing chapters and perhaps some indications of affection points as well. What do you think of this? Is there anything else we can improve on?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING!

scorlight
Regular

Re: Tales of Saleana [Otome] [Fantasy]

#2 Post by scorlight »

This game is wonderful!!! ^^)
2) Yeah, there are some grammar mistakes in the game, I suggest asking an editor to help with this part
3) THE ART IS AWESOME!!!!
4) The quick menu should exist cuz some players prefer it more than the quick keyboard. Also, the setting screen as well as the history screen are a little bit hard to see =''= I mean you should make the words easier to read
Artist for rent, see my art here: http://scorlight.deviantart.com/gallery/

HarmoniaPro2

#3 Post by HarmoniaPro2 »

scorlight wrote:This game is wonderful!!! ^^)
Thank you very much for the overall compliment!!! It means a lot to us! <3
scorlight wrote:Yeah, there are some grammar mistakes in the game, I suggest asking an editor to help with this part
We will make sure to have more people proofread the script!
scorlight wrote:THE ART IS AWESOME!!!!
Our artists are jumping with joy right now hahaha >u< Thank you! Our artists are jumping with joy now~ They have worked very hard to deliver them!
scorlight wrote:The quick menu should exist cuz some players prefer it more than the quick keyboard. Also, the setting screen as well as the history screen are a little bit hard to see =''= I mean you should make the words easier to read
Our apologies for the option part. We have not have enough time to design a full option screen (and the way we want to do it requires coding that we have never tried before). We will make sure to fix this part in the main game, but thank you for pointing that out! We all need someone to scold us so we can do better!

amora
Regular

#4 Post by amora »

This looks INCREDIBLE! Great job!
The art looks fantastic, seriously! And the story sounds really interesting and very unique! As you can see, I'm very excited! lol

I don't play demos because I like to don't know anything (besides the introduction/synopsis) before playing the game. So I always wait to play the full game. Don't know if that made any sense.
Anyway, I'm sorry I won't be able to answer those questions! :(

Good luck!

Celianna
Veteran

#5 Post by Celianna »

Trying this out!

First impressions: the grammar has a lot of mistakes, like every other sentence there's a wrong tense or something. Here's an example: "No human was harm thankfully, but it made the situation more urgent. After that I'm never left home alone again." Should be: "Thankfully, no human was harmed, however it made the situation more urgent. After that, they never left me home alone again." You definitely need someone to look it over and correct the various mistakes.

On the art: it looks fabulous! Really gorgeous, especially the level of detail in their outfits, with the patterns and whatnot. That goes for the characters anyway, they are very well done, nothing negative to be said about them at all. Saleana's "sad" face misses a shine/highlight in her right eye though, you may want to check it out. As for the backgrounds, I found them to be lacking in comparison with the sprites, especially the gothic windows during the opening scene, those were basically googled from somewhere, and you copy and pasted it in, and it looks pretty bad around the edges.

But really though, the art is gorgeous! Lovely CGs as well.

The story so far is interesting, I do like the idea of a female vampire secretly trying to bite the men in the game. It's unclear what happens after a human gets bitten by a vampire. Personally, I'd love it if something happened like Chibi Vampire: each vampire is attracted to a certain part of a human. One vampire is attracted to liars, another is attracted to depressed people. When they suck the blood out of a liar, the liar is suddenly honest for a while. Same thing for the depressed person; they're suddenly happy for a little while. Just an idea I'm throwing out!
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

HarmoniaPro2

#6 Post by HarmoniaPro2 »

amora wrote:This looks INCREDIBLE! Great job!
The art looks fantastic, seriously! And the story sounds really interesting and very unique! As you can see, I'm very excited! lol

I don't play demos because I like to don't know anything (besides the introduction/synopsis) before playing the game. So I always wait to play the full game. Don't know if that made any sense.
Anyway, I'm sorry I won't be able to answer those questions! :(

Good luck!
Don't worry, we understand what you mean! Sometimes we see very interesting games with demos, but we refrain from playing them, just because we don't want the awesomeness to stop so suddenly :') (not saying ours has reached that level though haha)

But no matter the case we are very happy that someone decides to give our game a look! So thank you very much for your support! ^u<bbb

HarmoniaPro2

#7 Post by HarmoniaPro2 »

Celianna wrote:
First impressions: the grammar has a lot of mistakes, like every other sentence there's a wrong tense or something. Here's an example: "No human was harm thankfully, but it made the situation more urgent. After that I'm never left home alone again." Should be: "Thankfully, no human was harmed, however it made the situation more urgent. After that, they never left me home alone again." You definitely need someone to look it over and correct the various mistakes.

Really, our writer is rolling in shame in a corner right now T_T All those details just escaped our eyes, so thank you very much for pointing them out! We will definitely do our best in finding an editor for the official game!
Celianna wrote:On the art: it looks fabulous! Really gorgeous, especially the level of detail in their outfits, with the patterns and whatnot. That goes for the characters anyway, they are very well done, nothing negative to be said about them at all. Saleana's "sad" face misses a shine/highlight in her right eye though, you may want to check it out. As for the backgrounds, I found them to be lacking in comparison with the sprites, especially the gothic windows during the opening scene, those were basically googled from somewhere, and you copy and pasted it in, and it looks pretty bad around the edges.
Thank you for your compliment on the art <3 It's good to know which parts we need to focus on more now that the demo is out; before that we just didn't know whether we were trying too much or too little.
Celianna wrote:The story so far is interesting, I do like the idea of a female vampire secretly trying to bite the men in the game. It's unclear what happens after a human gets bitten by a vampire. Personally, I'd love it if something happened like Chibi Vampire: each vampire is attracted to a certain part of a human. One vampire is attracted to liars, another is attracted to depressed people. When they suck the blood out of a liar, the liar is suddenly honest for a while. Same thing for the depressed person; they're suddenly happy for a little while. Just an idea I'm throwing out!

OMG we read Chibi Vampire too! It was definitely a part of our childhood, and now that we thought about it, the concept of Gran Ma and Gran Fa was probably influenced from that manga - unconsciously of course, but still :')
Unfortunately we don't plan to take the biting to that level, though it is indeed very interesting. A bit of harmless spoiler: vampire's bites in Saleana's world don't turn people into vampires. Honestly, it is to simplify things a bit more, since the game only spans for 5 days - which is very short compared to other titles, and so we have to balance the romance and the plot to make it realistic somehow. Thank you for the suggestion though, we are glad to have such helpful feedbacks!