Glitterbark's Art Thread [open to critique and art trades!]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Glitterbark
Regular
Projects: Best Wishes
Tumblr: glitterbarkgaming
itch: glitterbark

Glitterbark's Art Thread [open to critique and art trades!]

#1 Post by Glitterbark »

Hello! It's been a long while since I've posted here, but since my art style has changed a lot and I've hammered down a game concept I want to work towards, I decided to make a new thread.

Right now, I'm hammering down consistent facial structures (and also figuring out how to draw beards, *coughcough*) so the poses and things are a bit... boring? Some expression practice and background practice to come.

I'd love to hear what you think!

These are very unpolished doodles.

And these were the very first drawings I did of two of the characters, whose designs have - as should be obvious - changed a little bit. (It was also me thinking about how to do sprites, but I think I'm going to scrap them as sprites because they don't quite... fit, color wise, with what I want.)

Anyway, thank you very much for taking a look, and I hope to get to know some of the fellow artists and creators in the community!
Last edited by Glitterbark on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
WIP: Image

robovelociraptor
Regular
Deviantart: robovelociraptor

Re: Glitterbark's Art Thread

#2 Post by robovelociraptor »

Hiya! ^^
I'm really liking what I'm seeing of your art so far! Your rough style of painting (especially in the hair) and line art is really appealing to me, and your character designs are great!! I especially love Kree and Ulfr's designs~

I look forward to seeing more from you, keep up the great work!! :mrgreen:

Glitterbark
Regular

#3 Post by Glitterbark »

robovelociraptor wrote:Hiya! ^^
I'm really liking what I'm seeing of your art so far! Your rough style of painting (especially in the hair) and line art is really appealing to me, and your character designs are great!! I especially love Kree and Ulfr's designs~

I look forward to seeing more from you, keep up the great work!! :mrgreen:
Thank you! Gotta say, I was admittedly a bit insecure posting here (or using my art for a VN project) because, like... while I clearly have some animeisms... I don't really, uh. My art isn't the smooth cell-shaded (or even the smooth soft-shaded) stuff you find in lots of VNs, y'know? But painting is the thing I like the most, so by golly, I'm gonna do it!

I've had a few people say to me that they like Kree, but it's nice to know you like Ulfr!! Drawing beards has been interesting practice, but my game is basically about vikings, so I gotta do it.

Again, thank you for your kind words! I appreciate it.

Glitterbark
Regular

#4 Post by Glitterbark »

These are some pretty rough doodles I did while thinking about what kind of color palette I wanted my game to have and some of the relationships between the characters.

And this.... is me beginning to work on a deficit I've allowed to exist for far too long - that is, an inability to draw architecture. Clearly a WIP, but i'm forcing myself out of my comfort zone!

Also, just as a side note, I'm totally open to things like art trades if anyone is interested.