a(t)rium [NaNo'17] - DEMO RELEASED

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

Re: a(t)rium [GxB] [NaNo'17]

#16 Post by Harliqueen »

The sprites are looking great! (I love how grumpy Kennith looks :D )

Though now I'm more drawn to Hisashi... something about his expression really draws me in and makes me want to find out more!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#17 Post by Zelan »

Alcor, your art gives me life. (Those nicknames tho)

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#18 Post by Alcor »

Harliqueen wrote:The sprites are looking great! (I love how grumpy Kennith looks :D )

Though now I'm more drawn to Hisashi... something about his expression really draws me in and makes me want to find out more!
Thank you so much! I'm glad their personalities are showing through their expressions. Hisashi's eyes took a bit of work :'D
also fun fact: Hisashi is older than everyone else but looks the youngest, whoops
Zelan wrote:Alcor, your art gives me life. (Those nicknames tho)
Aww shucks, Zelan ^_^'

Gotta blame Hisashi for those nicknames. Hisashi is pretty much the only one who uses 80% of those nicknames (everyone else just calls the guy "Ken"). I think I'll have a lot of fun writing Hisashi

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#19 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Eeee, thanks! I also love plants (though I'm apparently terrible at taking care of them), and I was kind of surprised to realize that there aren't that many plant-themed visual novels out there. This being a solo project might be a Pretty Bad Idea, but I feel like I'm committed to finishing this; I just hope this project is doable within a reasonable time frame ;_;
I agree, I think I found only one or two VN revolving around plants, but maybe there are more out there but I didn't know (I better check the finished VN section after nano)
I'm rooting for you, you can do this! ><//
Years ago (still until now actually) I've been making a VN about Turnip and planning it to be a plant galore (with cute boys ofc *nodnod*) I've decided to take it on as a solo project too, so seeing your projects motivates me to continue working on the project. Thank you! <3
The sprites are looking awesome, I love Hisashi's hairclip!

LokemTotem

#20 Post by LokemTotem »

W00t W00t! Keep them coming. Cheers.

amora
Regular

#21 Post by amora »

I'm in love with everything about this game. Oh my heart!
This is so beautiful!! I love the art, the story and the fact that it has flowers in it!! I've always dreamed about working in a flower shop (and in a garden) so I'm sure I will love this :)

I'm really excited to play this! Lovely work! <3

Btw, is this going to be a free game?

Alcor
Veteran

#22 Post by Alcor »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:I agree, I think I found only one or two VN revolving around plants, but maybe there are more out there but I didn't know (I better check the finished VN section after nano)
I'm rooting for you, you can do this! ><//
Years ago (still until now actually) I've been making a VN about Turnip and planning it to be a plant galore (with cute boys ofc *nodnod*) I've decided to take it on as a solo project too, so seeing your projects motivates me to continue working on the project. Thank you! <3
The sprites are looking awesome, I love Hisashi's hairclip!
I'm actually blanking out on which VNs revolve around plants (other than, I assume, The Flower Shop by Winter Wolves. Which I haven't played, unfortunately.) Please let me know if you find other ones :D
Awww, I'm so honored! You can do it! *motivation potted plant*
LokemTotem wrote:W00t W00t! Keep them coming. Cheers.
Thanks, will do! *salutes*
amora wrote:I'm in love with everything about this game. Oh my heart!
This is so beautiful!! I love the art, the story and the fact that it has flowers in it!! I've always dreamed about working in a flower shop (and in a garden) so I'm sure I will love this :)

I'm really excited to play this! Lovely work! <3

Btw, is this going to be a free game?
Aaaaah, thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying what little I have right now, haha. I have a little experience with working in a flower shop, so I hope I get everything right ;w;

And yes! Technically, it will probably be a Pay-What-You-Want game, so while you can get it for free, you can also pay if you'd like to! (I think of it as free, but with a tipping option.)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Zelan »

I don't wanna derail this thread too much, but since we're talking about plant VNs, there's a straight-up plant dating sim on itch.io, although I can tell you it's probably not as lighthearted as what y'all are looking for. <: Decent game, though.

Alcor
Veteran

#24 Post by Alcor »

Zelan wrote:I don't wanna derail this thread too much, but since we're talking about plant VNs, there's a straight-up plant dating sim on itch.io, although I can tell you it's probably not as lighthearted as what y'all are looking for. <: Decent game, though.
Oh man, the endings were definitely not as I expected. Wisteria whyyyyyyy

Thanks for sharing this!

---

IN DAY 3 NEWS. I definitely didn't get to finish all the sprites (because I was working on bookSLEEPer instead), but I did get to their heads. So without further ado...

The coloring on these is a lot more flat than what I'm making for bookSLEEPer, but I hope it looks okay anyway. I might go back and add another layer of shading in the hair, but other than that, I'm fairly happy with them :D

Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

#25 Post by Mama J »

Oooooh, they're looking great! MC is gorgeous, Hisashi's so dashing, and my beautiful KenKen, so easy on the eyes <33

Ross resembles Shaggy from Scooby-doo so much!! :lol: I'm really loving everything so far, keep up the great work!

amora
Regular

#26 Post by amora »

Aww! I loved the colours choice :)

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?

#27 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

The sprites are looking great! So excited seeing the updates so far <33
I really like your color pick, it's all soft and pastel like
Mama J wrote:Ross resembles Shaggy from Scooby-doo so much!! :lol: I'm really loving everything so far, keep up the great work!
ohmgosh you're right! I've been looking at Ross and I think he reminds me of someone but I can't remember :lol: it turns our to be Shaggy

And BAM! Here's a little fanart for this game ;; I can't stand not drawing her, I hope you'll like it <3
AmaranthFanart.png

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Zelan »

Mama J wrote:Ross resembles Shaggy from Scooby-doo so much!! :lol: I'm really loving everything so far, keep up the great work!
ohhhhh myyyy goodness

Amaranth looks so cute, though!! I love her hair. And YuukiCrossPudding, your fanart is beautiful! I remember seeing it a lot last NaNo and loving it.

Alcor
Veteran

#29 Post by Alcor »

Mama J wrote:Oooooh, they're looking great! MC is gorgeous, Hisashi's so dashing, and my beautiful KenKen, so easy on the eyes <33

Ross resembles Shaggy from Scooby-doo so much!! :lol: I'm really loving everything so far, keep up the great work!
oh my gosh you're right, I didn't even notice HAHAHA

Thank you, and I'm glad you're liking them so far! I'm excited to draw Ken's vest, and I hope that amplifies his sexiness. (If that's a thing.)
amora wrote:Aww! I loved the colours choice :)
Thank you so much! I had to do a lot of color tests for all of them, but in the end, I didn't stick with my planned colors anyway ^_^;
YuukiCrossPudding wrote:The sprites are looking great! So excited seeing the updates so far <33
I really like your color pick, it's all soft and pastel like
ohmgosh you're right! I've been looking at Ross and I think he reminds me of someone but I can't remember :lol: it turns our to be Shaggy

And BAM! Here's a little fanart for this game ;; I can't stand not drawing her, I hope you'll like it <3
OH MY GOSH THAT'S GORGEOUS. I ADORE THE FLOWER CROWN AND THE HAIR AND EVERYTHING, THANK YOU SO MUCH <3

Would you mind if I posted it on tumblr (and credit @yuukipudding), or would you prefer to post it and allow me to reblog it? It's so gorgeous, I can't even

*explodes <3*
Zelan wrote:
ohhhhh myyyy goodness

Amaranth looks so cute, though!! I love her hair. And YuukiCrossPudding, your fanart is beautiful! I remember seeing it a lot last NaNo and loving it.
EDIT BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY POSTED BEFORE REPLYING TO ZELAN. I BLAME THE BEAUTIFUL FANART.

Eeee, thanks! I really like redheads, haha :'D
and i seriously didn't think about shaggy at all?? but it works so well???? i now want to name a certain character scooby...

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

@Zelan Thank you! It's a stress reliever for me somehow seeing all those lovely projects inspires me to draw lots.
I'm doing nano this year too, I should concentrate on the project but-- WHAT IS THIS SORCERY WHY THIS YEAR NANORENO HAVE SO MANY PROJECTS THAT I'M INTERESTED IN THEY'RE ALL SO BEAUTIFUL ;;;; I WANT TO SPAM FANARTS
OH MY GOSH THAT'S GORGEOUS. I ADORE THE FLOWER CROWN AND THE HAIR AND EVERYTHING, THANK YOU SO MUCH <3

Would you mind if I posted it on tumblr (and credit @yuukipudding), or would you prefer to post it and allow me to reblog it? It's so gorgeous, I can't even

*explodes <3*
Thank you!! <33 I'm so glad you love it and you're very much welcome~!
ofc I don't mind, go ahead and post it on your tumblr, I'm happy you liked the fanart that you want to post in on your blog :D