Shinpaku High Alpha 0.2 Debug Build Released!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kayotime
Regular
Projects: Shinpaku High, Sakura Sunset

Shinpaku High Alpha 0.2 Debug Build Released!

#1 Post by Kayotime »

The Alpha 0.2 Debug Build has been released!

Some changes are:
  • - Fixed the Player Choose Name feature. Should run much more smoothly.
    - The Player Choose Gender feature has been fixed.
    - Added two Easter Eggs to the game. Undertale fans and Mirai Nikki fans should easily figure them out!
    - Added a small 'Help' section
    - Added a quiz to choose the player's blood type. Blood type will be important later on.
    - Allowed the player to enter in secret codes.
    - Two secret codes can be found in-game. One can be found in the player's room, the other can only be found
    in one of the easter eggs.
    - Expanded the world a little. Now includes the player's house.
    - Built a Linux distribution.
I'm also planning on making it so the game can auto update whenever there's a new build, but I need help in figuring out exactly how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~ Kayotime

NOTE: I'm still inexperienced with actually building distributions and packaging games into neat little files. If anyone can help give me a general rundown of a simple way to do that, to ensure that all the files I need are available and all the files I don't are removed, as well as compressing the script files so they can't be easily edited and/or copied (I know no one on the forums would do this, but there ARE creepy creepers out there who might want to poke their noses in where it doesn't belong!) I'd be very grateful and appreciative! Thanks!
Attachments
Shinpaku_High-Alpha0.2-linux.tar.bz2
Linux Version - NEW
(14.74 MiB) Downloaded 27 times
Shinpaku_High-Alpha0.2-mac.zip
Mac Version
(9.86 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
Shinpaku_High-Alpha0.2-win.zip
Windows Version
(11.05 MiB) Downloaded 33 times
Active Project: Sakura Sunset
NOTICE: Shinpaku High is being put on hold for now. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Thank You!

Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

Re: Shinpaku High Alpha 0.2 Debug Build Released!

#2 Post by Ghost #9 »

Did you perhaps mean to post this in your
original Shinpaku High thread? Looks like you may have created a new one by mistake! But you can ask a moderator to move it. : )

Kayotime
Regular

#3 Post by Kayotime »

Ah, right! I meant to put it in the original thread! I noticed that after I posted it, but didn't know how to move it. Good eye!

Moderators, please move this thread to my original Shinpaku High post!

BTW: @Ghost #9 loving your pfp, very cool!
NOTICE: Shinpaku High is being put on hold for now. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Thank You!

Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

#4 Post by Ghost #9 »

Thank you! It was created by my incredibly (multi)talented friend/background artist.

I do believe you're the first to comment on it!

Kayotime
Regular

#5 Post by Kayotime »

His/her artwork is really, really cool! I see that they do Undertale things. I'm a huge fan of the game myself, and even put an Undertale Easter Egg in the game! I'm hoping to expand on it a little more, but it's good for right now. All he/she has to do to activate it is enter the name that activates "Hard Mode" in the actual game. If he/she has played Undertale, they'll know exactly what name to put in!

Side Note: I'm planning on putting out a huge "Thank You" post on the forums to show my love and appreciation for everyone on the forum who've helped me thus far! I wouldn't have made it this far without everyone's support! There will also be a contest and an announcement about future plans in the post, so stay tuned! I'm planning on putting it out either this week or next week.

And again, thanks to everyone!
Thank You!