AOGSR [NaNo17][IntRenAiMo][GxB/G][Romance/Fantasy]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

Re: AOGSR [NaNo17][IntRenAiMo][GxB/G][Romance/Fantasy]

#16 Post by Alcor »

Looks like great progress is being made! Gotta say, I'm LOVING the finished mom sprites. I just... love their faces. (That sounds weird, but it's 1000% true.)

Also, I adore sasquatchi's GUI design! The textbox and choice menus look especially nice, and I think they really fit with the style of the sprites. This game is going to be so pretty~

and oh my goodness that spongebob BAHAHAHAHA (and it's made funnier by the happy, unconcerned expression Dasher has...)

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#17 Post by Harliqueen »

1. Your thoughts or comments about the story premise?
*slams hands down on table* Yes, yes to all of this! I love it :D What an awesome idea!
But, blimey, it must have taken you ages to come up with personalities for all those reindeer. Major kudos to you for making them all so individual!

2. Who is your favorite character? Least favorite?
Comet is probably my fave so far- not sure I could pick a least favourite, they all sound pretty awesome.

3. Any other comments or questions?
I'm so excited for this :D I'm sad I hadn't seen it properly until now! Will definitely be keeping a close eye on progress.
Those backgrounds are stunning, and I love the sprites. The GUI is looking so cute too. Good with it all!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

pigionsdeliver
Regular
Projects: SSWK, TWA, SDS: The Tail Makes the Fox
itch: pigionsdeliver

#18 Post by pigionsdeliver »

Well Well,
Looks like Comet is a clear favourite so far and ... oh deer... someone likes Donder.
Won't that be an interesting surprise...

It's so nice to see everyone's comments. Keeps the team super motivated. Plus Sassy has been an absolute deer with all the GUI stuff and gone above and beyond in this project. Yeah to new fwends. And our busiest elf of all Gamerbum is wearing quite a lot of hats in this project but she already knows I think she is a top elf.

Let's keep going guys!!!

Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

#19 Post by Mama J »

@Harliqueen
Thank you so much :D Tbh, I think that the plot was a lot harder to come up with than the personalities of the reindeer. We literally exhausted every idea we could since
this story runs parallel along Holiday♥Lovers, as in, it's in the same time, they experience the same outcomes and events, etc
so we had to make sure things would make sense, and boy, it took a long time! Comet is turning out to be the real fan favorite, isn't he? xD His dialogue is really true to his character, and the girls and I have a lot of fun writing his — and all of the other reindeer's — dialogue. ^^ Thank you, again! Hopefully, we don't disappoint you too much, haha.

@pigionsdeliver
*wipes forehead* We're almost there! The finish line is so close, I can taste it. And it tastes like... chocolate and soup? No, thanks. :lol:
——UPDATES——
You know when we said that this game would only be 10k or more words long? Well... we deeply underexaggerated how much more it would be. Right now, we're at around 28k and are looking at surpassing 30k by the time the entire common route is done for the demo. Ashe and I are to blame for this sudden growth in word count, but hey, that just means the story must be great, right? ^^

As for GUI, Sas has been an angel the entire time. She's finished the Main Menu screen and we get our very own, personalized name screen! *squeals*

King-sama has done yet another gorgeous and wonderful BG! It's a reindeer stable, guys, and it's marvelous to look at, if I do say so myself ;)

In other, new news: Sas has also taken the position of Chibi Artist because she's truly something that was sent from the Heavens. Look at the wittle cyutie that is Vixen Wixen (idk why I started typing in baby talk):

Some other sketches of a chibi CG scene here (sorry for low qual and unclear-ness):

And, last but not least! Some sneak preview CG sketches by the lovely Zino :)

That's all for today, folks! Again, we appreciate the support and constant encouragement from everyone. We can't say thank you enough :D

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#20 Post by Zelan »

Oh, man, so much lovely art in this update! And congratulations on that word count, I'm super excited to read all of it. :D

Mama J
Regular

#21 Post by Mama J »

@Zelan - Thanks a bunch ^^
---UPDATES---

First and foremost, we're at the end of the common route, still working away at the branches and are over 30k words already BUT we've decided to only release Chapters 1 and 2 to submit to NaNo. That's only because the backgrounds needed for the rest of the story haven't been finished yet, and they won't be finished before March ends. But, as soon as they are, we'll release the rest of the chapters in the common route.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, on to art stuffs!

Zino needs to be given a reward because she managed to finish four CG sketches in 6 hours; she's a trooper, *round of applause* :D Quick preview:

Sas made us a wonderful new logo to go with the GUI aesthetics (not that the old logo had anything wrong with it)

She also finished the Save/Load menu

Annnd, unless I'm missing anything, I'm pretty sure that's it! :)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#22 Post by Zelan »

That first CG sketch... *wiggles eyebrows* And Comet in a "Kiss the Cook" apron is too funny. cx Seriously, props to Zino. That's a lot of drawing done for 6 hours!!

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#23 Post by Alcor »

Looks like you guys are doing great! The CGs are fantastic (and wow, Zino is fast!) and I'm really in love with Sasquatchii's GUI. Really looking forward to this release; it's going to be amazing~

Mama J
Regular

#24 Post by Mama J »

Zelan wrote:That first CG sketch... *wiggles eyebrows* And Comet in a "Kiss the Cook" apron is too funny. cx Seriously, props to Zino. That's a lot of drawing done for 6 hours!!
We're glad you're enjoying them!! Comet being a master in the kitchen is honestly my favorite thing ever :lol:
ALCOR_etc wrote:Looks like you guys are doing great! The CGs are fantastic (and wow, Zino is fast!) and I'm really in love with Sasquatchii's GUI. Really looking forward to this release; it's going to be amazing~
I 100% agree — biased and all — haha, everyone's been super amazing! And thank you sm! We hope we don't disappoint ^^

Mama J
Regular

#25 Post by Mama J »

*just gonna drop some more GUI screens because Sas works hecka fast*

So, for the Gallery, we decided it would be cool if

(gallery screens 1 & 2 would all be categories for the different art you could see)

(gallery screen 3 would have all the thumbnails for the art, and when you click on them they will open up full screen. and then players can just click once to get out of it)

How cool is that? ok, going back to trying to be productive but physically and mentally can't *rick rolls out*

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

#26 Post by Katy133 »

I love the premise of this! (I love stories about Father Christmas.)

From the art, I think Rudolf is currently my favourite. In mythology, his legend is an "underdog" story, and in the character lineup, he definitely looks like an underdog character (I also like how his nose is red, like he's been out in the cold for too long. Nice touch).

I'm looking forward to this. I'm curious as to how much of Father Christmas'/Santa's home will be shown to us in the story. I'll wait and see. :D
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#27 Post by illuminate001 »

THIS is truly adorable. I'm definitely going to go after Dasher. (Wait...why are there no "heart-eyes" smilies...) <3
I can't wait to at least try out the demo and then I'll leave a comment on my thoughts afterward.

Good luck on NanoRen! I was considering entering and now I wish I had. Oh, wells. Next year...
ImageImage
ImageImage

Mama J
Regular

#28 Post by Mama J »

@Katy133
Thank you so much! It's nice to see another stan Rudolph, haha, everyone seems to be hearteyes for Comet :lol: And, I agree! We were originally thinking of going with an actual red button thing for his nose, but figured he would look too much like a clown, hehe. Hopefully we won't disappoint!

@illuminate001
I know right, there definitely has to be heart-eye smilies added here for the future, I personally use those the most :D Dasher, the macho man, I like it! Hopefully you'll like what we put out as far as the short demo! It was a difficult month, but we're at the finish line! I encourage you to join next year, definitely!
UPDATES
I realize this thread hasn't been updated in a WHILE, but that's only because we've pretty much been busy trying to gather all the assets needed for the demo - i.e. CGs, BGs, and voice clips. As you know, the demo will only include Chapters 1 and 2. It will not include voice acting YET, because we're still waiting on re-dos from some of the cast, but as soon as those are ready, we'll get that in. Jackie, the one who also bravely took on the role of programmer, has decided to leave out some of the settings/parts of the GUI for now only because she says it'll take her a few more days in order to sort through it and get everything ship-shape. Therefore, we're going to be leaving out some of the important screens. Hope you understand! We're going to tweak and fix everything after the deadline, though!

No art updates, haha, but the CGs for the common route are finished and they look phenomenal if I do say so myself :wink: Other than that, we're looking for a few beta testers to help make note of some issues/etc. on the demo before we finalize everything, so if you're interested in that, let me know!

Thanks guys, Godspeed to all of those participating in NaNo. I can't wait to see how all the projects turn out!

Mama J
Regular

#29 Post by Mama J »

Hey, hey! Just here to let you know that our teaser demo is LIVE!

Don't hesitate to let us know what you think; all comments, concerns, suggestions, questions, etc. are appreciated :) We hope you enjoy!
I'm looking forward to playing all of the other NaNo entries, everyone has done an amazing job!

amora
Regular

#30 Post by amora »

I don't think I could possibly love this story more! Oh deer, my heart just can't take it!
I cannot wait to play the teaser demo, every bit of the game looks so incredible! I loved the characters, the art, the story... basically everything haha ♥

Beautiful work, congrats! :)