Looking for Writers to Fund Your Project.

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
SmartAppleGames

Looking for Writers to Fund Your Project.

#1 Post by SmartAppleGames »

Don't have money to fund your story? Look no further!

Hello, I'm looking for writers with interesting and beautiful stories to tell and share, and I will fund your project, the initial art assets and music, and UI so you have enough material to get a demo out and put it on Kickstarter.

I will connect you with artists, music, and designers, while producing your project every step of the way.

So if your a writer, and want to get your stories out there, I'm here to help you get your project off the ground. At this time I can only take on 1-2 writers to fund their projects.

I only ask for 30% of your Steam Sales 1 year and a splash screen in your game of my indie game company. All artwork that I pay for, I have the rights to offer to my Patreon members.

OR, 15% of your Steam Sales for 2 years, and my Patreon Link inside your game. You decide which is best for you.

If interested, please write a short synopsis of your story, and leave a comment. Thank you.

Albridge
Regular

Re: Looking for Writers to Fund Your Project.

#2 Post by Albridge »

who has the final say in selecting other staff?

Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

#3 Post by Ghost #9 »

This topic would likely be better suited for the I am a Programmer, Director, or Other forum. : )

Since you're not recruiting for a specific project and are instead offering a service.

FokkoChan

#4 Post by FokkoChan »

I have a few questions before anything, I just wanna know if you funded other projects or currently funding and what are they? Do you guys have a website or some social media platform? And then exactly HOW much control do we(developer) have over things?

SmartAppleGames

#5 Post by SmartAppleGames »

i only have a Patreon page. I decided that a website wasn't needed or beneficial to my company and having a patreon page is distruptive innovation and is more useful then a website. The marketing will only be through youtube (the only effective means of marketing an indie title) social media like facebook or twitter is not sufficient. the golden age of twitter is in my opinion dead.

I'm just testing the waters here, if any writer is interested in my offer. Writers only.

Bryy
Veteran
Completed: 30+ games so far
Projects: Furry Shakespeare
Organization: Stegalosaurus Game Development

#6 Post by Bryy »

Is that 30% every month for one year or 30% of all sales total over one year?