[Closed for now]BxB Neutral Grounds BL

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Niwa
Regular

[Closed for now]BxB Neutral Grounds BL

#1 Post by Niwa »

Neutral grounds Project is a BL visual novel project in a school setting that will either be free or have a small price upon release (Due to the size of the project let’s assume the latter).
Due to the issues that it deals with it is a 16+ game, and I plan there to be //optional// 18+ content post release (For you writers out there I'm willing to do that myself). (Note that all characters will be above 18 in the 18+ content)

I do not mind having little Visual novel production experience, I simply care for the quality of your product.

Note that currently there is no team name, this will be decided together once all core team members have assembled.
Synopsis:
You step into the body of Sage Tremere, A teacher specialized in economics that has been hired to take over for a teacher on maternity leave for one semester. Just...on one of the most prestigious all-boys schools on Neutral land where royalty and sons of important politicians and CEO's go, no big deal. You leave behind your home and cross the northern sea to dive into this refreshing experience on these neutral grounds.
The setting takes place in a completely separate planet of our own, around the sameish timespan and technology as us, The choice for a separate planet was to be able to more easily forge history and manipulate the world’s politics without having to take any real life encounters in mind.

Themes deal with:
School life, mental disorders, Sexuality exploration (Polygamy), mild violence.

Goals:
• Have 4-6 routes
• Have 8+ endings (good and bad for multiple situations, there is no ‘true’ end)
• Mutliple dating locations
• Balancing of work performance and Social life
Stretch Goals:
• Live2d compatibility in the programmer’s engine of choice.
• Voice Acting

Currently looking for
Your patience as we gather enough material for a demo for you

In the future we may seek:
  • -Voice talent
    -Video editor/compositor
    -vocalists

If you’re Interested:
Please send a PM to me or an Email to NeutralGroundProject@gmail.com, Please show a demo reel and your interest in the project.
For questions feel free to ask them down below.
Last edited by Niwa on Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:18 am, edited 11 times in total.

Niwa
Regular

Re: [In Need of Composer, Writer, Programmer] Neutral Ground

#2 Post by Niwa »

Q:What do you mean with
Since I’m not paying you up front I won’t force you to work as if you are.
Right now I have no budget at all. I'm still a little on the fence about crowdfunding too, but leaning towards a yes, And feel free to state your opinions on this..
So A kickstarter may be likely in the future, (but) I'd first need content for that to give the consumer some sense of security though.
Of course since I intend to sell the novel rather than give it away as a free downloadable, I fully intend to pay teammembers a hard earned share of any income or profit made by it.

I understand this may sound a bit instable to you and understand if you're not willing to take the risk, since of course there is some involved, but you would have to take my honest word for it when I tell you that this project has been a great passion for mine for a long time now, and I would not for the life of me abandon it.
Of course if you have a better possible proposal I'm fully willing to hear it, since it is my first time leading a project rather than working as a teammember.
Should this proposal involve paying teammembers smaller amounts upfront, please keep in mind my personal monthly expendable income is less than $60 give or take.

Chrisiscool86
Regular
Projects: Cassandra Acts
Tumblr: bebop-86
Soundcloud: chris-thurman-1

Re: [In Need of Composer, Writer, Programmer] Neutral Ground

#3 Post by Chrisiscool86 »

Sent an email!

Niwa
Regular

Re: [In Need of Writer, Programmer]BxB Neutral Grounds BL

#4 Post by Niwa »

Thank you for the messages sent concerning Composing.
We've found an excellent composer to work on the project.

A writer has also been contacted and has accepted to work on the project.

This leaves us with the open position of a programmer and most preferrably Background Artist

naomimyselfandi

Re: [In Need of BG artist, Programmer]BxB Neutral Grounds BL

#5 Post by naomimyselfandi »

Hey-o, shot you an email, but I've got a question for you! What sorta release timeline are you thinking about? Obviously it's difficult to be specific, but would you guess closer to the order of a few months or the order of a few years?

Niwa
Regular

Re: [In Need of BG artist, Programmer]BxB Neutral Grounds BL

#6 Post by Niwa »

naomimyselfandi wrote:Hey-o, shot you an email, but I've got a question for you! What sorta release timeline are you thinking about? Obviously it's difficult to be specific, but would you guess closer to the order of a few months or the order of a few years?
Due to a college internship constricting my own availability, I'd say the timeline would be chalked up to about 10-15 months to release from now. it of course all depends on how well I'm able to keep up everyone's motivation and just everyone's work pace, but I see this game seeing the light of day in a little over a year from now on.

I've also seen your email and will reply to it promptly, thank you for sending it!

Niwa
Regular

Re: [In Need of BG artist]BxB Neutral Grounds BL

#7 Post by Niwa »

A programmer has been found! Thank you for your correspondence!

This means we'll only need a Background artist
Details:
  • -Approximately 24 backgrounds
    -I'd like assistance/feedback on CG's so they don't deviate from the BG's that much.
    -There are approximately 40 CG's planned, this Does not mean you will be doing the backgrounds each time, but you may be asked to help on components

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#8 Post by kisa »

Niwa wrote:A programmer has been found! Thank you for your correspondence!

This means we'll only need a Background artist
Details:
  • -Approximately 24 backgrounds
    -I'd like assistance/feedback on CG's so they don't deviate from the BG's that much.
    -There are approximately 40 CG's planned, this Does not mean you will be doing the backgrounds each time, but you may be asked to help on components
Hello, I was wondering what sort of art direction the overall game would have?
I am interested in being a BG artist. But, I'm not sure if my painterly BGs would work.
(I have samples in my commissions thread. But, I'm offering this under your terms.)
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

Niwa
Regular

#9 Post by Niwa »

kisa wrote:
Hello, I was wondering what sort of art direction the overall game would have?
I am interested in being a BG artist. But, I'm not sure if my painterly BGs would work.
(I have samples in my commissions thread. But, I'm offering this under your terms.)

I was actually thinking about making my own style a little more painterly for this project.
More like 99% set my mind on it, just need to redesign my boys to make sense in the new style.

I'll PM you with some specifics.

Edit: for now all needed positions have been filled. Thank you for your interest. In the future I may make use of this thread again once in a later stage.

Niwa
Regular

Re: [LF: Composer skilled in Vocals]BxB Neutral Grounds BL

#10 Post by Niwa »

We’re currently looking for someone who has experience with composing for a vocal track, and preferrably can write lyrics as well!
Please message me or Email NeutralgroundProject@gmail.com should you be interested! Thanks!

A sample of the main theme will follow soon.

our budget per song is <$100, so please keep this in mind.
You do not have to be the vocalist to the song, you do not have to provide the vocalist by yourself, though should you have someone in mind feel free to state it.

The opening theme should be hopeful and upbeat with a slight twinge of drama
Whereas the ending theme should probably feel more mellow and (bitter)sweet. However if you have your own ideas feel free to state them

Niwa
Regular

Re: [LF: Composer skilled in Vocals]BxB Neutral Grounds BL

#11 Post by Niwa »

Our composer has been found! Thank you for taking the time to check us out.