Project Wanderer

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
sinum

Project Wanderer

#1 Post by sinum »

About
Hello everyone! I have been working on a visual novel project for a while. I have a lot of passion for it, and now that I am studying only part time, I have a lot more time on my hands, which is why I decided that now would be a good time to actually start making this concept into an actual visual novel. To do this, as you can probably guess, I will need some help. I am going to need a writer, to write the script based on the story concept that I have (as the story structure is done, I just need someone to adapt it into a proper script, as that isn't exactly my strong point), an artist or 2, as I barely can draw a stick figure, as well as a Music and sound designer, as I have very little knowledge in that field. Any profits from this project, will be equally split between me and everyone else in the team that develops the VN. I want to stress that I have 0 budget, which is why I will be unable to do any upfront payments, and hence the profit split.
The Concept
The story is set in a world where water is scarce. Think of it as earth, but with the water/land ratio reversed. Because of this, as you can guess, cities and villages are centered around water sources, which, in turn, creates long distances between different settlements. Because of this, the distances between two places is full of dangers, whether they be bandits, dangerous animals, or even nature itself. To amend this, people have resorted to hiring so called wanderers, experts in traveling, and elite fighters. This is where the main character comes in. He's a wanderer, and like most other wanderers, his job is something that was given to him through his bloodline. After having been away for a long time, he returns to the village where he was born, blissfully unaware of what would unfold.
It's a fantasy style alternate world setting, about the journeys of the above mentioned wanderer and his companions.
Currently looking for:
Writer(s)
Artist(s)
Sound Designer(s)
Composer(s)
Voice Actor(s) (only for 1 - 2 scenes)
Animator(s)
If you are interested, please contact me here, either through PM or in reply to this thread, preferably with a portfolio or example of earlier works. I am looking forward to hearing from those interested!
Last edited by sinum on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 17 times in total.

All_Spice52
IRC Nick: AllSpice
Tumblr: real-ginger-real-taste

Re: Looking for 2D artist(s), Writer, and Music/Sound Design

#2 Post by All_Spice52 »

Hey there! What's the concept of your project? I might be interested. PM me anyway!

wendybirdx
Regular

Re: Looking for 2D artist(s) and Music/Sound Designer

#3 Post by wendybirdx »

This idea is really interesting! Would this be an alien setting or more similar to earth (human looking characters and torn down cities, etc.)?

sinum

#4 Post by sinum »

wendybirdx wrote:This idea is really interesting! Would this be an alien setting or more similar to earth (human looking characters and torn down cities, etc.)?
More along the lines of an earth setting.

rainbowolfe
Organization: SpaceTime Studios
Tumblr: rainbowolfe
Deviantart: rainbowolfe1

#5 Post by rainbowolfe »

Hello there! Are you still looking for artists? I think your idea sounds very interesting, and I'd love to help you work on it!

I mainly do art, but I can also do writing if needed~ What kind of visual novel will it be? GxB? BxB? GxG? Or some combination of those? o3o

I have a portfolio (though I haven't updated it lately), but I also have a Deviantart with more recent works! I can do multiple styles as well~

http://rainbowolfe1.deviantart.com/
http://rainbowolfe.wixsite.com/wolfieswork

Have a good day! ^3^

SmilingSatellite
Deviantart: SmilingSatellite

Re: Looking for 2D artist(s) and Writers

#6 Post by SmilingSatellite »

hey there! i'm interested in helping you out! i'm an artist and i can do character designs for you!

as of the moment, i have no portfolio at the moment, so would it be alright if you check out my deviantart account? :) i can PM you samples of my work if needed. i'm looking forward to work with you! ^^

Bryy
Veteran
Completed: 30+ games so far
Projects: Furry Shakespeare
Organization: Stegalosaurus Game Development

#7 Post by Bryy »

I'm interested as a writer, but I'd need to know more about the characters.

SpeCTRL
Regular
Completed: SCP: Secret Laboratory, SCP: Pandemic, various Itch.io games.
Projects: RE:Tuber
Soundcloud: EMPY_MUSIC
Discord: empy_vr

#8 Post by SpeCTRL »

I can do artist stuff, writer stuff, but my main jig is sound design, so if you still need someone hmu, i'll send a portfolio
Remind me to update this...

Lislette

#9 Post by Lislette »

pm'd you c:

TheJerminator15
Regular
Completed: A Sedentary Fist
Projects: Manipulation, Switch Swap, Unnamed Project
itch: jamsandwich

#10 Post by TheJerminator15 »

I'm open for writing and this is also seems to be a project that I'd be interested in. But I'd probably need more information on characters etc.

I can also send you some excerpts of my work if you want me to.
My Current Writing Project: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37699
Manipulation Teaser Demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJ4E ... zV6TWVaclk

sinum

Re: Project Wanderer

#11 Post by sinum »

Project Wanderer is now OFFICIALLY off hiatuus, and production is continuing. If anyone wishes to offer their (paid or free) services, feel free to offer (I'll be updating on what is needed as I go along)

CeeCeeVA
Regular
Projects: Celflux Animation as the voice of Shandrita
Tumblr: CeeCeeVA

Re: Project Wanderer

#12 Post by CeeCeeVA »

I would love to help out with voice overs if you are still looking!
Voice Actress, Casting Director, Writer & Director

https://ceeceeva.wixsite.com/chasityconner

Animation Demo Reel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10plH50 ... p=drivesdk

For VO inquiry:
CeeCeeVA@yahoo.com