Partners Needed (Artist, Programmer, Composer)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Nekomata19
Projects: Matchmaker, Matchmaker (WIP)
Tumblr: destielfourever
Deviantart: Catwoman19

Partners Needed (Artist, Programmer, Composer)

#1 Post by Nekomata19 »

Hello everyone!
To be honest, I’m a little nervous posting here. :oops: However, I have to because I require some help working on my first VN.
Well, the number one thing to know about this VN is that it’s a fan game for a tv show called Gotham. Below are further details.

Title:
Matchmaker, Matchmaker
Genre:
BxB Romance (no sex, kissing at most), Friendship, Drama, Humor
Contains:
Violence, blood (little bit), mild swearing, minor game-play elements
Summary:
You have just moved to Gotham, a strange city where crime is rampant and the police don’t seem to care. However, you are determined to stay, make friends, and hopefully make some sort of difference in the lives of others.
Now, it may sound like a typical dating fan game, but it’s not. Or, at least I hope not, lol. The player won’t be the one doing the dating. Nope! The player is actually trying to set up two particular characters – hence the title being ‘Matchmaker, Matchmaker’. Which two characters? That’d be Jim Gordon and Oswald Cobblepot.
Before anyone goes running off, please also note that the player DOES have the option of making friends with, or making enemies of, many of the characters from the show.
Anyway, that’s the basic idea. There's further details here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=43424

As of right now, I’m the sole person working on this project. I’ve got a good portion of the script finished (there are to be 4 chapters, I’m working on chapter 3 currently) and the plot planned out. But I’m not exactly able to handle some of the other aspects required to finish a VN.

What I’m Looking For:
Artists: For sprites/CGs/Backgrounds/GUI/Logo. There are a total of 12 characters. 8 of them are the main cast. I do have references ready of the characters and locations I’d need. Despite this being a fan-game, there’s still room to have some fun with these things.

Programmer: Now, I am trying to do simple things myself, but I have absolutely no clue what I’m doing. So someone who actually has a better sense of programming would be very useful to this project. Especially due to the fact I plan to include some minor game-play elements (ex: a simple card game).

Composer: If anyone would like to do this that would be great. I can use royalty free music, but there are certain sections where having a composer would be beneficial. And honestly I’d prefer to have a composer, lol.

Edit: Here are two examples as the sort of style I'm looking for btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sFPF92oXDM and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy5aYoLEHqU . Obviously I'm not looking for replicas, but the use of similar instruments/atmosphere you know?

Other: So, I haven’t planned on adding voice acting to this, since I don’t know if people would really want to try to imitate the character’s voices. But if anyone wants to give it a go, I certainly wouldn’t object.

Of course, because this is a fan game (and also I’m broke) anyone who wants to work with me on this would have to be okay with no pay. However, you would be getting credit obviously, so you’d also be getting recognition for your efforts by quite a few people who are fans of the show/pairing.

If you’re interested in filling out any of the positions mentioned above, please either pm me here or send me an email at dragonlady77@gmail.com .

Thank you for reading this, and I look forward to potentially working together. :D
Last edited by Nekomata19 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SmilingSatellite
Deviantart: SmilingSatellite

Re: Partners Needed (Artist, Programmer, Composer)

#2 Post by SmilingSatellite »

hi there! i'm interested on helping you :3 if there are still open slots for artists. thanks in advance!

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#3 Post by Morhighan »

I'm open as a programmer if you need it still. ^^

Nekomata19

#4 Post by Nekomata19 »

The position of programmer has now been filled. ^_^

Oracle
Regular
Projects: Freight Train, Moonlight River, Arbitration, Timewave, Stardust, Dead Mistress, Dark Forces
Soundcloud: Sound_Oracle

#5 Post by Oracle »

Sent pm
Let's change the world one note at a time~
Check out my Soundcloud!

Nekomata19

#6 Post by Nekomata19 »

UPDATE: Position of Sprite Artist has been filled. I also now have a logo! I'm still looking for BG and CG artists as well as someone to hopefully help with GUI. :)

Nekomata19

#7 Post by Nekomata19 »

UPDATE: Composer found! ^_^

IMPORTANT: Still looking for a background artist and a CG artist.
I don't know if it would help to mention how many BGs and CGs I need but I'll do so, just in case. I need 22 backgrounds, but this can be discussed as I'm sure it might be able to be reduced. I do need 16 CGs. Again, the number could be reduced upon discussion.

Nekomata19

#8 Post by Nekomata19 »

UPDATE

I've lost my sprite artist.
I have a potential background artist, though.

So I'm in need of another sprite artist and a CG artist.

Nekomata19

#9 Post by Nekomata19 »

UPDATE: I have a potential CG artist, but am still in need of a sprite artist.