Date sim project looking for a helper coder-free

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Zalkyrion
Projects: Dance With Me
Tumblr: zalkyrion
Deviantart: Twilightprincess06
itch: zalkyria

Date sim project looking for a helper coder-free

#1 Post by Zalkyrion »

We are in the process of creating a Danny Phantom date sim. This project has been 6 years in the running. My partner and I have contributed a lot and we’ve had coders in the past help with our codes and scripting, as well as clean up our files a bit. However, we’ve lost contact with them and we once again come across issues that neither of us are not code savvy enough to solve.

To break it down, we have four issues:

A way for the battle system health to reset itself. When Danny fights a ghost, his health will go down accordingly. However, initiating a fight with another ghost will result in a carry over of his previous health points instead of resetting back to 100.

The love meter not to go under a certain number. Anyone whose watched Danny Phantom knows who his best friends are. While it is entirely possible for the love meter to drop into the negatives for some of our potential bachelorettes, other girls such as Sam and Valerie should not go underneath a certain number.

Events based on time of day. We have 6 time slots of the day. Certain girls will be at certain places during certain times of the day, so we want to implement that into our coding.

Inventory. The inventory has given us a lot of trouble. We’ve tried using the ones in the Cookbook section, but it has led to frustration. Someone once provided us with a simple inventory code that displays the values via text on the side of the window, although we want a button and a separate screen showing us what the player has in their inventory.

If anyone is willing to help us, it would be greatly appreciated. Since we're both total noobs at python and ren'py, we've been scraping by the skin of our teeth.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Date sim project looking for a helper coder-free

#2 Post by Zelan »

I'm not a coder but I saw "Danny Phantom date sim" and I'm not sure if I love it or if my childhood has been ruined

Good luck finding help!

Zalkyrion
Projects: Dance With Me
Tumblr: zalkyrion
Deviantart: Twilightprincess06
itch: zalkyria

#3 Post by Zalkyrion »

Zelan wrote:I'm not a coder but I saw "Danny Phantom date sim" and I'm not sure if I love it or if my childhood has been ruined

Good luck finding help!
Thanks I hope we find the help, and well we are trying to keep it as close to the show as possible. So like style wise, and if you were a fan of the canon otps like Sam and Danny, Valerie and Danny, or Paulina and Danny, those are definitely options. :)

ColinMedia6
Regular
Projects: -LUXO- Love never ends,Alice In Wonderland X
Organization: Colin Media Productions
Tumblr: MisterOfChan
Deviantart: KisameHoshigakiRPG

#4 Post by ColinMedia6 »

PMed, if bishoujo define the mc to Danny, but if otome then Paulina
Check out our new game: -LUXO- Love never ends here!
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=44063
Deviant Art now!
http://kisamehoshigakirpg.deviantart.com/

SKmuffinEXE

#5 Post by SKmuffinEXE »

I can take a look at the coding.

What did the previous coders do for coding if I may ask? I'm going to guess Renpy.

I'm not that good at renpy coding but I may be able to help you, and this could be a good experience for me to learn some new tricks on Renpy as well.