Valentines otome [GxB][VN] RELEASED!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN] demo out

#106 Post by Corynth »

We posted this on tumblrand our forum, but there are probably some people who haven't seen it so...
Yeah, 200K words and it's still not complete >_>.

I wish we had more to show, but we're focusing on the writing right now(and we don't want to spoil too much).
Still, we'd love to hear any comments/questions you guys might have. I thirst for feedback
Katreeni wrote:The new char is very cute*--*
I want to read a little bit of dialoge with him^^
*still waiting*
There's a couple lines from him in the VO thread on our forum(linked above). His name is Rayner. :)
How do you feel about Valentines Otome being a stat based game?
TazTheFirst wrote:Nice demo! :D
Thank you :D
Was there anything specifically that you liked or disliked?
Last edited by Corynth on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#107 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

I'm so freaking excited! woohoo congrats on 200k, can't wait I'll be waiting patiently hehe.
ImageImage

Katreeni
Deviantart: Katreeni

#108 Post by Katreeni »

Corynth wrote: There's a couple lines from him in the VO thread on our forum(linked above). His name is Rayner. :)

I think, I'll have a lot of fun)) In the end, your chars and story are really great, so this is more important for me)

Also I saw your book about HO and it's so cute and interesting.) if I were not from Belarus, I would have bought it.. but now it's too expensive for me.. sorry.

Thanks for all your work ;) sometimes I sketch Landon and Emma, `cos they're my favourite couple.. maybe, someday I'll end one of pictures, cos I don't know, how else I can say "thanks")

Kitty

#109 Post by Kitty »

♡ Hey ! I recently played Halloween Otome and I truly liked it - I actually liked it so much that after being done with every ending, I ended up feeling a bit empty and took a look at your other projects, hopeful that you'd have produced something else. I was ecstatic finding Valentines Otome, especially since I could find characters I already knew and adored from your other game, as well as new ones I am sure I'll grow attached to whenever the full game releases. ♡

1. Would you play this even if the protag is a little questionable?
Hell yeah. I find it wicked cool to be able to play as Emma Cee's best friend after helping her in finding love.

2. Do any of the characters catch your eye? Also why.
I must admit that they all have a little something about them that wakes the butterflies in my stomach. Sprite-wise, my first choice was Zane Valente. I enjoyed his rugged looks and sly smile. Then, playing the demo, I ended up liking Kiron Caverly best. There's just something softly kinky about his well-mannered teacher-esque attitude that makes it impossible for me to resist him. Nonetheless, there's also something about Daire Thurton that makes it impossible for me to overlook him. All their personnalities are great and well-developped from the sneak-peek we've had.

3. Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games?
Well. While I truly enjoyed Halloween Otome having mini-games since it added something to the plot (and because I am a sucker for puzzle games), I don't think it'd make sense for Valentines Otome to have mini-games from what we've seen in the demo. So, even if I would have enjoyed puzzles in VO, I understand and agree that you should not add features to add features, without it helping the story go forward.

4. Opinion on Valentine Otome being a stat-raiser game?
It's not that I dislike stat-raiser games, but I often find them to be... empty. But since Halloween Otome was definitely not empty, I'll still give it a try and I hope to be pleasantly surprised!
Last edited by Kitty on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#110 Post by 15385bic »

Katreeni wrote:
Corynth wrote: There's a couple lines from him in the VO thread on our forum(linked above). His name is Rayner. :)

I think, I'll have a lot of fun)) In the end, your chars and story are really great, so this is more important for me)

Also I saw your book about HO and it's so cute and interesting.) if I were not from Belarus, I would have bought it.. but now it's too expensive for me.. sorry.

Thanks for all your work ;) sometimes I sketch Landon and Emma, `cos they're my favourite couple.. maybe, someday I'll end one of pictures, cos I don't know, how else I can say "thanks")
I saw the fanart! Thank you so much! It's the best type of payment lol. You can get the book for free so don't worry about it. If there's more sketches I would always love to see them. X3
Kitty wrote:♡ Hey ! I recently played Halloween Otome and I truly liked it - I actually liked it so much that after being done with every ending, I ended up feeling a bit empty and took a look at your other projects, hopeful that you'd have produced something else. I was ecstatic finding Valentines Otome, especially since I could find characters I already knew and adored from your other game, as well as new ones I am sure I'll grow attached to whenever the full game releases. ♡
It's not that I dislike stat-raiser games, but I often find them to be... empty. But since Halloween Otome was definitely not empty, I'll still give it a try and I hope to be pleasantly surprised![/color][/i]
Thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed ho so much that you went looking to find more (although I'm so sorry corynth and I are so slow ^^')
So far with the writing it's a lot longer than Halloween otome so hopefully it won't be "flat". We mainly chose this way to break it up into segments (and also because I'm the one who adores stats raisers like love revo)
It's still got a long way to go but we are both still working on it.
The best thing about vo if you like seeing characters from ho is that you can actually choose who Emma ended up with ;) -means it does affect the story a little depending on who you picked.

adding a certain cameo - live2d by corynth
dont worry - he'll appear normally as well ^^'

WE ARE STILL A LONG WAY FROM BEING COMPLETE. BUT WE ARE WORKING ON THIS SLOWLY....
Attachments
Choosing who ems ended up with will affect the story. In every route. >_>
Choosing who ems ended up with will affect the story. In every route. >_>
daily planner for stats raising
daily planner for stats raising

Kitty

#111 Post by Kitty »

♡ Woah ! Those new features look awesome ! I love it when there's more to an otome game than its story, it helps me immerse myself even more in the world the team behing the game created ! I also love the fact that you get to chose with whom Emma ends up and that you didn't assume she went out with the most popular choice or the more ''canon'' character. Keep on the good work, I can't wait to see more of you ! (I know it'll probably take awhile before it's out, but I am pumped haha)

Corynth
Regular

#112 Post by Corynth »

Kitty wrote:♡ Woah ! Those new features look awesome ! I love it when there's more to an otome game than its story, it helps me immerse myself even more in the world the team behing the game created ! I also love the fact that you get to chose with whom Emma ends up and that you didn't assume she went out with the most popular choice or the more ''canon'' character. Keep on the good work, I can't wait to see more of you ! (I know it'll probably take awhile before it's out, but I am pumped haha)
Thank you! Most people get a bit worried when they realise we're doing stat-raising so it's nice to see someone excited for it!
Part of the reason we chose to let Emma's love interest be a choice is because we know how it feels to find out that the guy you liked the most didn't end up with the main character and is now forever alone >_>. We just couldn't do that to our boys or our players.

Here's a progress update:

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#113 Post by 15385bic »

And Zane's story done....he gave us so much trouble it's not even funny >_>'

Katreeni

#114 Post by Katreeni »

Oh gosh, oh gosh
I'm so excited *----*

*still waiting*

Alia
Regular

#115 Post by Alia »

Corynth wrote:Thank you! Most people get a bit worried when they realise we're doing stat-raising so it's nice to see someone excited for it!
Worried? Really? I think stat-raising games are awesome! They give a bit more "game" to things, which for me translates into a sense of accomplishment. Story is always the most important, but when you feel like you're achieving the story rather than merely watching it...
Not to mention how deciding on the protagonist's focus reinforces the idea of choices. I mean, seeing how the characters and story react to the choices we make is the reason to play a VN rather than a KN, right?

And... maybe it's just me, but when a game is all story, and I'm replaying a route after having just finished a different one... I can get a little confused. ("Cinderella Phenomenon" is an amazingly wonderful game that I would NOT want to have been done differently, but sometimes I have to really work to remind myself what's happened in just the route I'm currently playing so I don't confuse in bits from other routes.) When a story is broken up stat-raising-style into smaller chunks I think my brain has more time to digest or something.

New thought. Looking at the live2d of Mr. Wolf: Woah. To quote Mr. Bandages, "The timid wolf grew a backbone. Yay."
Or, no, that's probably Tyler when he's being Tyger, right?

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#116 Post by Sayumi101 »

15385bic wrote:And Zane's story done....he gave us so much trouble it's not even funny >_>'
Ahhh, you honestly don't know how much joy it gives me to know that you two are still working on this with so much dedication!

Keep at it! Lots of love~~ <3 And good luck!
ImageImageImage

Corynth
Regular

#117 Post by Corynth »

Alia wrote:
Corynth wrote:Thank you! Most people get a bit worried when they realise we're doing stat-raising so it's nice to see someone excited for it!
Worried? Really? I think stat-raising games are awesome! They give a bit more "game" to things, which for me translates into a sense of accomplishment. Story is always the most important, but when you feel like you're achieving the story rather than merely watching it...
Not to mention how deciding on the protagonist's focus reinforces the idea of choices. I mean, seeing how the characters and story react to the choices we make is the reason to play a VN rather than a KN, right?

And... maybe it's just me, but when a game is all story, and I'm replaying a route after having just finished a different one... I can get a little confused. ("Cinderella Phenomenon" is an amazingly wonderful game that I would NOT want to have been done differently, but sometimes I have to really work to remind myself what's happened in just the route I'm currently playing so I don't confuse in bits from other routes.) When a story is broken up stat-raising-style into smaller chunks I think my brain has more time to digest or something.

New thought. Looking at the live2d of Mr. Wolf: Woah. To quote Mr. Bandages, "The timid wolf grew a backbone. Yay."
Or, no, that's probably Tyler when he's being Tyger, right?
Tyger is certainly a different beast to Tyler, isn't he? One of the things we enjoy is exploring how the relationships and characters from Halloween Otome are progressing in the background of Mira's story.
We hope that VO lives up to the expectations placed on it. We tried to make the stat-raising as interesting/fun as possible, but we know we won't be able to please everyone.
Sayumi101 wrote:
15385bic wrote:And Zane's story done....he gave us so much trouble it's not even funny >_>'
Ahhh, you honestly don't know how much joy it gives me to know that you two are still working on this with so much dedication!

Keep at it! Lots of love~~ <3 And good luck!
Katreeni wrote:Oh gosh, oh gosh
I'm so excited *----*

*still waiting*
Thank you all for your kind words! It's heartening to know that people are still excited for VO.

Now for the actual update:

Katreeni

#118 Post by Katreeni »

I'm glad to read that "a guy with the glasses"'s route is complete.)
It's a reeeeaaaly good news. Especially for me *____*

I saw all your games (there are 3 (4 with VO), right?)
Tomatosoup was really more difficult than other stat-based games.
I got a good ending only from the third time (and I knew the requirements for a good ending)
It was difficult only because stats didn't rise a bit faster x)

\oh god, I'm so embaressed by my english lvl\

Thanks for all your content, your group is amazing*----*
Still waiting♥

Corynth
Regular

#119 Post by Corynth »

Katreeni wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:05 pm I'm glad to read that "a guy with the glasses"'s route is complete.)
It's a reeeeaaaly good news. Especially for me *____*

I saw all your games (there are 3 (4 with VO), right?)
Tomatosoup was really more difficult than other stat-based games.
I got a good ending only from the third time (and I knew the requirements for a good ending)
It was difficult only because stats didn't rise a bit faster x)

\oh god, I'm so embaressed by my english lvl\

Thanks for all your content, your group is amazing*----*
Still waiting♥
Thank you for your kind words!
Part of the reason for Tomatosoup's difficulty is because Halloween Otome was too easy.
You had to work harder for the "Bad Ends" than the good ones in Halloween Otome>_>'
VO is intended to be somewhere in the middle. There are unlockable modifiers ("traits") that can make certain activities more effective but it's still possible to get the good endings without those. VO also has a lot more content than TS even if it is split between 3 routes.

Meanwhile, here's the next update:
The writing is finally complete (VO has clocked in at ~285K words!) so we’re moving on to other aspects of the game. There’s still plenty left to go (Music, Art, Coding, Emoting, Testing), but as this is a big milestone, we figured a sneak peak at some of the new sprites was in order.

So here are a few non-romanceable side characters from Valentines Otome (We kind of went overboard with side characters this time >_>'):

"I’m just looking forward to the trainwreck." - Rayner

"The House of Sterling would like to convey our greetings, Milady." - Siyan

"That’s correct, he knows how to apologise. Just not when." - Reiyd

"You two lovebirds should enjoy yourselves." - Anabelle

"I am sure that many of you were expecting the CEO of Keeper Inc, himself, but as he is unwell I am here on his behalf." - Kaye

Let us know what you think!

Edit: Fixed images
Last edited by Corynth on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amberbaum
Regular

#120 Post by Amberbaum »

*looks at side characters......gets grabby fingers...remembers tumblr post from winter wolves*

Awwww :cry: :P