The Legend Of Ocelia. [Romance] [Kinetic]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
BlackFlameExplosion
Projects: The Legend Of Ocelia.
Organization: Infinity Stories

The Legend Of Ocelia. [Romance] [Kinetic]

#1 Post by BlackFlameExplosion »

Hello and welcome to my first ever introduction of my visual novel, I am a complete newbie but with years of experience on writing stories. I don't have characters ready for the game or any backgrounds, but I do have the story in progress of being written. Well onto the plot and whatnot!

Plot: The protagonist lives in a world where miracles happen frequently all over the world, and one percent of the world's population can be the perfect candidates to produce a miracle child. A child blessed with one nature element, but sadly the first child of those miracles has died of old age but secretly produced an heir in his stead. Meanwhile people are dying left and right in the Atlantic part of the ocean, the people of the dead loved ones wished for an ocean miracle. When the protagonist went to the beach with her friend and has a big ocean accident everybody thought she was dead after three hours of searching, but saw her swimming towards the shore after being on the bottom of the ocean unconscious for three hours. She then was declared the ocean element child, all too soon the dark forces behind the Atlantic ocean's many demises senses her power smirking widely.

Characters:
Main protagonist.. Ocelia (Ocean element): Currently eighteen years old, she is the serious type and doesn't like to show any emotions except a little. Throughout the past she has won many gold medals in swimming competitions and is known through several cities, she is very mysterious like the ocean but has yet to be discovered about her more. She loves adventures but has never done them, having only read adventure books mainly about oceans. Has the ability to breathe, hear and see clearly down in the ocean itself. She is immune to cold waters, and can create a light blue barrier to protect herself or others from harm, and lastly produce ocean wings on her back increasing her swimming speed.

Candidate.. Lancel (Growth element): As the heir of the first miracle child to ever appear in history, he has trained to make barren and empty areas full of grass, plants, trees and flowers by touching the ground with his own palm. And currently he is nineteen years old, he's very shy and serious at times when needed. But he's very friendly once you get to know him, he has a sense of justice but is seldom clumsy when traveling somewhere. Due to training for his powers to grow he can't swim because he had no time to learn, and gets rescued by Ocelia later in the story. He has a huge crush on Ocelia when they meet, and wants her to look at him as a man.

Candidate.. Sineus (Rocks element): He's the entity behind the Atlantic ocean's demises, described as evil and corrupt. Has the ability to move ocean rocks into the air with his hands crushing all the ships in the Atlantic ocean, a tiny light remains in his heart but will soon disappear if nobody saves him. Nobody knows his age, because he's immortal.

Thank you for taking interest in this introduction! Feel free to express yourself down below in comments, I'm happy to get any comments at all. :mrgreen:
P.s. The game demo will be released as soon as I finish at least one route of the story and find character artist and background artist for free, hope you'll be the one playing my demo!
:)

Logo design credit: Nyankar (Can be found here on Lemmasoft)

Introduction's questions and answers.
Question: Why have the miracles increased during the years of Ocelia's world?
Answer: That's because corruption has increased so much, such as murder, thievery, abuse, and many have been wounded because of it.

Question: Why do miracle children exist?
Answer: Due to human kind misusing the nature throwing trash everywhere and chopping trees, dumping oil into the ocean and much more. That's where the children come into the story, to inspire human kind they must do good deeds with their assigned element powers and become known worldwide. They must exist, or one day the world will come to extinction.

Feel free to suggest questions! :)
Last edited by BlackFlameExplosion on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

Re: The Legend Of Ocelia. [Romance] [Kinetic]

#2 Post by illuminate001 »

Hi BFE,

Welcome to LSF!
P.s. The game demo will be released as soon as I finish at least one route of the story and find character artist and background artist for free, hope you'll be the one playing my demo! :)
If you are looking for free sprites and bg's there are TONS of free resources here on LSF if you do alittle digging. Unless you mean you want custom sprites and bg's for free...that *may* be alittle more difficult. But you never know, there's alot of artists here who may be able to help depending on their time and if they want to join a team.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

#3 Post by Sonomi »

This is a really cool idea! It's always nice to see a unique spin on common fantasy tropes, so I'm curious about the lore behind this. Why do miracle children exist?

Just as a suggestion, perhaps you could include a list of questions in the original post to help guide discussion about your game. That could potentially garner more targeted feedback on things like art, music, or character design.

The colors are really pretty. Although...I have to admit that Ocelia's bio is a little hard to read with the bright aqua text. Maybe you could change it to a darker shade?

I'll be looking forward to that demo!

(And like illuminate001 said, you can always post in the Recruitment section of LSF if you need assistance with anything.)

BlackFlameExplosion
Projects: The Legend Of Ocelia.
Organization: Infinity Stories

#4 Post by BlackFlameExplosion »

@illuminate001 Hi and thank you for welcoming me! :) I'll check on the resources as you suggested in case nobody wants to help me with that for free, thank you so much. :D

@Sonomi Hi and thank you for your compliment, I intend to make the aqua text darker after reading your opinion and I will be adding some questions and answers to the post soon. Thanks! :)