i got a problem

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
mahyuringon
Regular

i got a problem

#1 Post by mahyuringon »

i got a bug on the game ive made a flag or check point on a certain battle scene to mark the numbers of battle as means to count them and change the mobs/ enemies now the bug is when you proceed to the story for a while or your a bit far away from the previous battle scene when you press back or decided to back a missed story it gets you back the very start of the battle scene... how do i fix that? if you need to check out the game pm me i'll send you a link for you to see

please help :cry:

SuperbowserX
Veteran

Re: i got a problem

#2 Post by SuperbowserX »

Can you elaborate on your problem? Is what's going on that you're battle count is messing up when the player reverts checkpoints? Or is the battle count not maintaining itself properly?

mahyuringon
Regular

#3 Post by mahyuringon »

SuperbowserX wrote:Can you elaborate on your problem? Is what's going on that you're battle count is messing up when the player reverts checkpoints? Or is the battle count not maintaining itself properly?
im not sure what creating the bug of return to the battle scene, im guessing since i added the checkpoints the bug was created

SuperbowserX
Veteran

#4 Post by SuperbowserX »

Hi, I got your PM. Can you elaborate again and re-explain your problem? I can't exactly understand what the issue is. Is your battle counter not counting correctly?

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#5 Post by Donmai »

mahyuringon wrote: when you press back or decided to back a missed story it gets you back the very start of the battle scene
Wiiiiiiiild guessing I would say mahyuringon is having a problem with roll back and variables.
Edit: hmm just noticed the same question was made here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43659
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Saltome
Veteran
Deviantart: saltome

#6 Post by Saltome »

And here. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43620
Dude, how any threads are you gonna start for the same bug?

Bottom line is, if you can't explain the problem properly, at least show us the code.
This isn't some common issue with renpy, it's an issue with your implementation.
So I can't help you without seeing the actual code.
Deviant Art: Image
Discord: saltome
Itch: Phoenix Start

SuperbowserX
Veteran

#7 Post by SuperbowserX »

I posted in one of your new threads to use this line of code after a point you don't want Ren'py to rollback to.

Code: Select all

$ renpy.block_rollback()

mahyuringon
Regular

#8 Post by mahyuringon »

Donmai wrote:
mahyuringon wrote: when you press back or decided to back a missed story it gets you back the very start of the battle scene
Wiiiiiiiild guessing I would say mahyuringon is having a problem with roll back and variables.
Edit: hmm just noticed the same question was made here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43659
nope its not roll back

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#9 Post by Donmai »

Good. I've seen that finally you gave us a good description of your problems, with script samples.
Now people won't have to continue wiiiiiiiiiiiiild guessing. :lol:
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

mahyuringon
Regular

#10 Post by mahyuringon »

Donmai wrote:Good. I've seen that finally you gave us a good description of your problems, with script samples.
Now people won't have to continue wiiiiiiiiiiiiild guessing. :lol:
huhuhueee im asamhed im terribly sorry and such a bother... please help me T_T

Saltome
Veteran
Deviantart: saltome

#11 Post by Saltome »

... I repeat.
We have no idea how you've implemented this alleged battle system. We can't simply begin to make assumptions as to what's wrong.
Now it's obvious you aren't capable of describing the problem accurately.
Why don't you at least provide us with the code, so we can see for ourselves?
Deviant Art: Image
Discord: saltome
Itch: Phoenix Start

mahyuringon
Regular

#12 Post by mahyuringon »

Saltome wrote:... I repeat.
We have no idea how you've implemented this alleged battle system. We can't simply begin to make assumptions as to what's wrong.
Now it's obvious you aren't capable of describing the problem accurately.
Why don't you at least provide us with the code, so we can see for ourselves?
sorry bout that here are codes of the bAattle system ...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43659