Quick Menu behind Textbox?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Rils

Quick Menu behind Textbox?

#1 Post by Rils »

The Zorder for the Quickmenu doesn't seem to be working properly and my Quick menu is always staying behind the Say window, any ideas?

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Quick Menu behind Textbox?

#2 Post by indoneko »

Do you use the new GUI?
Please attach your screens.rpy here
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

Rils

#3 Post by Rils »

I haven't done the latest convert to the newer gui.
Attachments
screens.rpy
(40.8 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by indoneko »

I wonder why you put the namebox under the dialogue text instead of above it. Can I see a snapshot of your game?

Perhaps you could also try creating a new project and replicate the problem with minimum lines of code, then attach the files here (compress the game directory -without the build- into a zip file first for easier download).
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

Rils

#5 Post by Rils »

With a bit of fiddling with a fresh set of default code it seems to have sorted itself, but now I've realized moving the quick menu higher adds a new challenge, hiding with with the text box during transitions...