[Paid][CLOSED] Seeking Character/Sprite artist for Gossamer

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
DizzyKa
Projects: @GossamerAcademy

[Paid][CLOSED] Seeking Character/Sprite artist for Gossamer

#1 Post by DizzyKa »

Hello!

About the Game:

Gossamer Academy is an unannounced solo project of mine that is feature complete, and around 25% content complete at 24K words. I'm about 6 months of full time development into the project and I hope to ship this Fall (2017). This is a commercial project.

Gossamer Academy tells the story of a teenager who attends a school for the magically gifted.... on accident. It's a story of fate, friendship, and coming of age beneath the shadow of a family you didn't choose.

GA has an over-arching narrative for players to explore that is the main focus of the game. There are companions you'll meet a long the way with whom you can build friendships with and explore themes of young love, but these relationships are optional and players who choose to avoid romance should still find satisfaction in their own personal hero's journey.

The game features a character creator with the ability to customize their student with selectable gender, skin color, hair style options and so on. The game also features character customization in the sense that the player has an inventory and there will be a number of clothing and magical items the player will find or purchase throughout the course of game to find their own look and bump stats that are important to the player.

Since the player can choose their student's gender the game has GxG, GxB, and BxB possibilities but Gossamer isn't an erotic game, and won't feature adult rated scenes or art.

Style / Tone

The "real" world of the game is set in a small town within the US in an alternate 1985. The core of the game takes place within Gossamer Academy which is a Harry Potter inspired school for Witches hidden deep within a fantasy forest.

The story and characters are often lighthearted, but the visuals and goings on of the world can be dark and sinister.

What I'm Looking For:

I'm looking for an artist who has a flat colored style like the references pieces I have shared in this folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByAUY ... U9zaGU5dlU

I'm looking for an anime inspired art style that is playful that can match the game's drama/comedy tone.

The artist should to be comfortable drawing characters of color. I'm trying to build a game that is as inclusive as possible.

It would be a huge plus if the artist is comfortable working in layers as the protagonist's sprite will consist of a body layer as the base with hair, expression, clothing, and other items layered on top of it to allow for customization.

Here's a more detailed breakdown of the work:
  • Protagonist
  • 3 Base Body Sprites ( in underwear / unclothed ) for Protagonist in default pose
  • 3 Alternate poses for base body ( 1 male 1 female 1 neutral )
  • 9 Outfits ( 3 per gender )
  • ~12 Hairstyles ( 5 female 5 male 2 neutral )
  • ~30 Expressions ( 10 per gender )
  • Other customization options possible based on progress ( eyes, mouth )
  • Other Characters
  • 6 Character Sprites in default pose
  • 6 Character Sprites in alternate pose
  • 6 Sprites in Alternate outfit for default pose ( same character, just different clothing )
  • 6 Sprites in Alternate outfit for alternate pose ( same character, different clothing in alternate pose )
  • ~8 Expressions per Character sprite
  • 2 Character Sprites in the "real" world
  • ~5 Silhouetted Character Sprites( for generic adult characters, crowds, ect )
The artist has to be available within a few weeks and be able to deliver all of the character content by August 1st 2017 ( hopefully much earlier ). If we get through all of the characters and the artist still has time and interest I would love to commission them to do the customization clothing pieces and in game items as well!

My approach will be to select an artist and commission some initial character explorations to evaluate our working relationship and style fit. After we lock in on character designs we both love I'll draft the full contract for the rest of the work! If you're an interested artist I'd appreciate it if you could link me samples and a rough estimate of cost.

A little about me:

I'm a game dev that's spent the last 7 years in AAA and decided it was time to build some dreams of my own! I'm a gameplay programmer by trade but I'm most comfortable when wearing a lot of hats, which I'm definitely doing in this solo project.

That's all I've got! Thank you for reading! :D
Last edited by DizzyKa on Wed May 03, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucky1443
Regular
Projects: SACRIFICE
Tumblr: Lucky1443
Deviantart: Lucky1443

Re: [Paid] Seeking Character / Sprite artist for Gossamer

#2 Post by Lucky1443 »

I would like to offer my services as an artist to this awesome project :3
OPEN for SPRITE/CG ART viewtopic.php?f=62&t=38654 FREE TO USE ASSETS viewtopic.php?f=52&t=39634

tinyqueenart
Regular

#3 Post by tinyqueenart »

Hey!
I'm very interested,
Here are some examples of my art
Attachments
oc-arttrade.png
peachoc.png
lizzysiegwitch.png

DahliaWilder
Regular
Completed: Imre's curse -The Prologue-, Secrets Unsung, Secrets Untold, Angels With Scaly Wings, Generations Rise, The Light at the End of the Ocean
Projects: Angels With Broken Hearts, Battle Royale For Your Heart, Camp Palut, 51ur8-90
Deviantart: Dahlia Wilder

#4 Post by DahliaWilder »

Hello!!

I'm really interested in this project! I see that your references for the characters include Sugimori Style, and that you're aiming for a simple anime influenced style. I always work with layers and have no issue whatsoever with characters of color :)
If interested, please conact me by email at denise.tow91@gmail.com.

Here's my DA Gallery for your checking: http://dahliawilder.deviantart.com/gallery/

And Here are some examples:
ImageImage

raeru
Regular
IRC Nick: ryle
Deviantart: ryle-chan

#5 Post by raeru »

ZannyHyper

#6 Post by ZannyHyper »

Hi,

I'm interested in this job, I'm a full time artist with 7 years industry experience within comics, video games and animation. My contact email is JESPOLDEN (AT) GMAIL.COM
As for my prices, I can't figure an exact figure but here are my rough figures, which are negotiable:
1 pose: $40
1 outfit: $15
1 hairstyle: $10
1 expression: $10
I would also like to state I can do bulk orders, which would have a small discount on the price too.

Here are links to my portfolio's:
And here are some examples of my artwork:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

DizzyKa

#7 Post by DizzyKa »

Thanks for the pm's and replies! I'm going to run through the responses this weekend.

Mocksee
Tumblr: beemocksee
Deviantart: Mocksee
Github: Rachel

#9 Post by Mocksee »

Hello!

I know I'm a tad late to the party, but I wanted to mention that I've also sent over a PM. Please let me know if you have any further questions for me! :)

Vegeluxia
Regular
Projects: The Exorcynic (WIP), CPU-CITY (WIP)
Tumblr: lemonylulu
Deviantart: Vegeluxia

#10 Post by Vegeluxia »

Hi! I'm interested, if you're still looking!

Examples and general pricing can be found on my post here:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41467

Thank you!

Alazar

#11 Post by Alazar »

I am very interested if you are still looking!

DizzyKa

Re: [Paid][CLOSED] Seeking Character/Sprite artist for Gossa

#12 Post by DizzyKa »

I've found an artist for the game. Thank you to everyone who PM'ed and replied! I know that takes time and I really appreciate it.