Sex Robot Road Trip [GxB/G/?][Comedy][Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

Sex Robot Road Trip [GxB/G/?][Comedy][Fantasy]

#1 Post by YossarianIII »

SEX ROBOT ROAD TRIP
Go on a road trip. With a sex robot.
ABOUT
Sex Robot Road Trip is a heartwarming story about love, friendship, and what it means to be human. Just kidding, it’s about a road trip with a sex robot!

What will you do in rural Pennsylvania with a runaway sex robot, a stolen car, and a full tank of gas? Attempt to hook up with a young Amish farmer in Lancaster? Explore the world’s strangest chocolate factory in Hershey? Or go to a literal hellhole dive bar in Centralia?

As you can see, Sex Robot Road Trip is not your typical visual novel about a road trip with a sex robot. That’s because you play as Beretta Mondatta, a reckless driver whose main goal on this trip is to have fun -- whatever the cost.

Can a psychopath teach a sex robot what love is? You decide in Sex Robot Road Trip.

MAIN CHARACTERS
Eva 58008
Totally not a sex robot who escaped from a laboratory. Enjoys human activities like eating, breathing, and not having sex.

Beretta Mondatta
Totally not a psychopath who killed her boyfriend and her refrigerator. Well, maybe she did kill them, but she definitely had super normal, totally not psychotic reasons.

TRAVEL DESTINATIONS
Lancaster
Lancaster is full of Amish families like the Zooks. Jebthaniel Zook is of marrying age, but his parents don't trust outsiders.

Centralia
Centralia was a prosperous coal town until a mining accident turned it into a ghost town. But it may not be as deserted as it looks...

Hershey
Everybody knows about the world-famous Hershey Chocolate Factory, but not everybody knows about the other chocolate factories in the city that take a more... unorthodox... approach to making chocolate.

SCREENSHOTS
FEATURES
*Animated sprites and lightly animated CGs
*12 normal endings, plus unlockable bonus ending
*Soundtrack featuring an eclectic collection of electronic music, indie rock, country, jazz, and metal, including original songs
ADDITIONAL INFO
This VN is commercial, although the price will be low (i.e., single digits USD)
Features cartoon violence, innuendo (no graphic images), and swearing
Projected release date is mid 2017

PROGRESS
Finishing up some programming in the "bonus" ending. Will be starting testing shortly.

FEEDBACK
Are you familiar with previous VNs released by Yoss III/KONOL Games, or is this the first one you've clicked on?

Where do you find out about new indie games and VNs?

When a VN has multiple endings, what factors make you want to replay to see more than one ending?

Any other thoughts about what I've posted so far on this page?
Last edited by YossarianIII on Thu May 04, 2017 11:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Sex Robot Road Trip [GxB/G/?][Comedy][Fantasy]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Oh, this oughta be good. ^_^

Are you familiar with previous VNs released by Yoss III/KONOL Games, or is this the first one you've clicked on?: I've played Banality Man. I'm interested in the others, but I haven't gotten around to them yet. (I should, though, since they're pretty short.)

Where do you find out about new indie games and VNs?: Here, usually.

Do you pay money for indie games/VNs and if so, what usually motivates your decision?: Not at the moment, but only because I have no way of doing so. If I did, my decision would be motivated by my interest in the game vs. the game's price. If I'm only mildly interested in a VN, I probably wouldn't drop $10 on it, but if I've been excitedly awaiting the game for 5 months, getting to know the creator a bit through Lemmasoft, and playing every demo, $10 would probably seem like a bargain.

When a VN has multiple endings, what factors make you want to replay to see more than one ending?: Endings that are different enough to be interesting, and not overly difficult to find.

Any other thoughts about what I've posted so far on this page?: As usual, I love your humor. c:

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta

#3 Post by YossarianIII »

Thanks, Zelan, good to hear from you again!

I like that point about how making endings easier to find encourages readers to try for more of them. I know from experience that since most of the VNs here don't have strategy guides or hint systems, it can be easy to get frustrated and give up if something is difficult to find.

Image Image

YossarianIII
Veteran

#4 Post by YossarianIII »

Added some new screenshots to the main page. Once I've got some more stuff animated, I'll start adding gifs and videos.

Image Image

YossarianIII
Veteran

#5 Post by YossarianIII »

I updated the main post with some details about the travel destinations you can choose in the game, as well as screenshots for a bunch of the secondary characters. There'll be three main branches to the story, with each branch having its own significant choices and different endings.

Image Image

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

#6 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Nice, Beretta Mondatta is back! This should be fun. :)
ImageImageImageImage

YossarianIII
Veteran

#7 Post by YossarianIII »

LeonDaydreamer wrote:Nice, Beretta Mondatta is back! This should be fun. :)
Thanks! I like the idea of reusing characters for different types of stories (and not just because it saves on assets! :) )

This VN will be a bit less violent than some of her previous appearances... but there will definitely be some other types of surprises!

Image Image

YossarianIII
Veteran

#8 Post by YossarianIII »

Just wanted to give a quick update. I've been spending a lot of time working on the sonic aspects of the game, and oh man am I excited by some of the sound effects and songs that I've managed to dig up from the far corners of the internet.

The original vision had been to use a soundtrack that was primarily punk, but after some exploring, it looks like things are gonna be a lot more... eclectic. The game has 3 very distinct routes (each with multiple endings) and each of those 3 routes will have its own musical style.

I'm also working on some little CGs and animations to make sure every ending has something cool.

Hoping to show some of this stuff off in a short video trailer that should be coming soonish!

Image Image

YossarianIII
Veteran

#9 Post by YossarianIII »

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that I've put out the first trailer for this game. It's up on Youtube now!

Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#10 Post by Zelan »

Robotticelli

I am done

(The trailer looks awesome! I was expecting more headbanging-type music after Banality Man, but this fits, too. ^_^)

YossarianIII
Veteran

#11 Post by YossarianIII »

Zelan wrote:Robotticelli

I am done

(The trailer looks awesome! I was expecting more headbanging-type music after Banality Man, but this fits, too. ^_^)

Haha, thanks! Yeah, I decided to zag and try a different approach for this trailer. But you can rest assured that the game itself will have some serious headbangers in the soundtrack.

Image Image

YossarianIII
Veteran

#12 Post by YossarianIII »

UPDATE: Pretty soon the game will be ready to go into testing.

In the meantime, I decided to go back and do an original theme song for the title screen. (The voices are all from a public domain audiobook that has... a slightly regressive view of sexuality, to say the least.)

Image Image

Mysterious Friend
Completed: Winter Lover
itch: smud

#13 Post by Mysterious Friend »

I keep seeing this and forgetting to post!!! Honestly, this idea sounds like the funniest thing to me and I love it. I'm going to clear up my day to play through your other games to because they sound so funny and good. I'll be awaiting the release on this one! And I'm oddly in love with the theme song wtf i've been jamming to it for a while and every so often I hear the (is it an audiobook?) that you have in the background and I catch a word of what they're actually saying and it just made my day lol
Artist on Winter Lover (a game created in 48 hours)

YossarianIII
Veteran

#14 Post by YossarianIII »

Mysterious Friend wrote:I keep seeing this and forgetting to post!!! Honestly, this idea sounds like the funniest thing to me and I love it. I'm going to clear up my day to play through your other games to because they sound so funny and good. I'll be awaiting the release on this one! And I'm oddly in love with the theme song wtf i've been jamming to it for a while and every so often I hear the (is it an audiobook?) that you have in the background and I catch a word of what they're actually saying and it just made my day lol

Yep, the words in the theme song are from an audiobook! The original book was published in the early 1900s, and there's a website called LibriVox where volunteers collaborate to create public domain audiobooks.

Glad you like it so far, and I hope you enjoy the other games when you get around to them! :D

Image Image

Mello-Knight
Regular
Projects: Band Camp Boyfriend
Tumblr: lovebirdgames

#15 Post by Mello-Knight »

I am so amused that this takes place in Pennsylvania and I've been to all those places. I can't even. XD Thanks for givin' my poor underrated state some love!