Valentine's day...

Contact and connect with fellow fans! (New threads now go in general discussion)
Forum rules
This forum has been closed. New threads now go in general discussion.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Valentine's day...

#1 Post by mikey »

Right, is it that time again?

What's your plans? :oops: Are you happy, depressed? Do you have someone? Are you going to be "making your move"? Tell everyone!

I'll be updating my page on the 14th, 4 years of existence, I'll celebrate! There's going to be minor structural changes and some links fixed. All in all, I'm looking forward! (how's that for an evasive answer?) :D

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#2 Post by Sai »

Not much. Valentine's Day has for the most part has been just another day so far for me. I will be working that day so I will be concentrating on other things.
I do have someone I like (and of whom, likes me) so there might be a mention or something. But anyway I don't have any real plans.

Cazel
Regular

#3 Post by Cazel »

Well, in terms of romance I won't be doing anything, which is fine since I don't have anyone I'm interested in anyway.

Beyond that, I sing barbershop, so I'll be spending the day doing Singing Valentines. So no romance for me, but hopefully I'll help others with theirs.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#4 Post by rioka »

My plans? Something very special! ;D

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by mikey »

I'm alone this V-day. I almost knew I would be, so I did not make any special plans :( It's a little depressing, because it's the first time in 9 years, but at the same time I couldn't be happier, because I know we're going to catch up next week and the mere fact that it's 9 years is just... :P :oops: ^_^

eclipse wrote:My plans? Something very special! ;D
So much information!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#6 Post by rioka »

Yes, quite eloquent, don't you think? ;)

darkknight
Veteran

#7 Post by darkknight »

Let's see

I have off tomarrow and my girlfriend works till 5

at 12:00 i am going to pick her up for lunch at work(we talked about it)

I will buy lunch, give her a card, har flowers, a teddy bear, and a pair of ear rings.

Later at 5:00 i will pick her up at work and go to my place and just hang out.

hopefully it works out
I am happy and i dont know how to make a move hahahaha
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

Happy Valentine's!

#8 Post by rioka »

^_____^

Sai
Winged Hybrid

Re: Happy Valentine's!

#9 Post by Sai »

eclipse wrote:^_____^
Aww, what a surprise!!
Thanks eclipse, that's very kind of you.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by mikey »

It's cuuute! (and that comes from a guy - you know we're normally more into things like motor oil or boxing...)

I'm so happy! My site is entering its 5th year of existence... There's a new (though draft only) Misato shrine which should get new features soon, a dedicated games page and some minor updates and tweaks.

And me and my girlfriend, though not together at this very moment (we're chatting later on and will definitely make up for this day in the coming weekend), we're celebrating our 98th month of being a couple (too bad we can't have the 100 today, but oh well... ). So happy Valentine's day to all of you!

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#11 Post by chronoluminaire »

:D That's wonderful, Eclipse! Wai, wai, thanks :)

Randomly, my girlfriend and I had already arranged to have a friend round tonight (which was great fun), so we celebrated Valentine's yesterday! I wrote her a word puzzle and she drew me an ambigram. *grin* She sent me chocolates at work, so I'm going to send her some back on White Day :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by musical74 »

Thank you very much eclipse! :)

Spent valentines with a friend - it was kind of *Are you doing anything for V-day?* *No* *Me either, wanna come over and hang out?* LOL

Chrono brings up something interesting <to me, anyway>....White Day....while part of the Japanese culture, I don't know of anyone who knows of it in the US...I didn't know about it - or that valentine's is when girls give chocolates to the guys - until I played Season of the Sakura. Just wondering Chronoluminare (and anyone else familiar to Japanese Culture)...do you have to handmake the chcoolate or can it be bought? Because if it has to be handmade...well, just suffice to say I am not a good cook!
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#13 Post by rioka »

Making chocolate is easy. The easiest way is to use the the chocolate wafers you can find at supermarkets and even in craft stores. They're rounded in shape and all you do is melt them. When melted, pour into a mold which you can find at craft stores, and wait for them to cool. Most people use this method to make those chocolate lollipops.

Give it a try! I'm sure your gf will appreciate the sentiment even if it turns out a bit botched... ^_~

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#14 Post by Otaku Dash »

Thx eclipse... that is sooooo cuuutteee.

Well i spent valentines all alone. I had a Gf till a month ago....(to be precise it only lasted one month) i felt well when we started... but i realized that she was growing an obsession with me... so we broke up. But i realized that she is still after me... she passed 4 times next to me while i was talking to a friend of mine... i already told her that things could go, but we still could be friends... still every time i get off classes she is waiting outside the room i was....i feel i'm being stalked. :evil: :x
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#15 Post by chronoluminaire »

Hmm! As I understand it the chocolate is traditionally homemade, but these days often bought in shops anyway. (When you see Reiko, Kiyomi and Mio shopping for chocolate in Season of the Sakura, aren't two of them buying it? And only Mio hand-making it? I don't remember too well, it's been too long since I played that wonderful game... :) )

As for here in England, no, she hadn't heard of the concept until I mentioned it to her. I'd only been planning on buying her some for White Day, but... hmm... we'll see how it goes :)