Free Writing [Open Slots]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
TheJerminator15
Regular
Completed: A Sedentary Fist
Projects: Manipulation, Switch Swap, Unnamed Project
itch: jamsandwich

Free Writing [Open Slots]

#1 Post by TheJerminator15 »

Hi there, I'm pretty new on the forums but have been wanting to write VNs for quite some time and decided this would be the best place to offer my services. Im relatively new to writing VNs in general, and see this as a good way to get some more experience.

Services Offered:
-Writing
-Proofreading
-Idea bouncing/Worldbuilding

Willing to work for free on projects, any commercial incentive is just a bonus to me.

Genres:
-Fantasy
-Sci-Fi
-Mecha
-Slice of Life
-Romance (Though very inexperienced with this genre)
-18+ Scenes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Pairings:
-BxG
-GxB
-BxB
-GxG

Payment:
Whilst I am more than willing to work for free, if payment is involved it would only be done through Paypal.

Again, whilst I am willing to do romances and pairings, I am very inexperienced with that genre so it will most likely not be good quality. I should also state that my stories tend to have dark tones to them, and my comedy writing isnt that good. For example, I already have an idea for a typical slice of life/romance story, but it isnt lighthearted all the time and has dark instances.

My work on worldbuilding is mainly limited to previous games I have worked on with friends and my personal writing projects, but I believe that I have finally gained enough experience with this tenet to add it to my list of avenues.

If you're interested either reply or send me a message. I don't give out my real name unless it's necessary or I trust my collegaues/have worked with them previously.

Here's an example of my writing:
Rolling out of the scythe’s way is easy enough to accomplish once, but only once. The rusted blade whose curves are littered with dimmed rubies almost instantaneously stop its downwards momentum and slices towards my neck. Dodging in such an unbalanced stance is near impossible for somebody of my calibre. After all, a talentless boy is all I can be. It was precisely due to this lack of talent that my left side was left open in the first place. A side step would have sufficed in the situation, so why do a full body roll?

Hindsight is all on my mind as the aged weapon draws a line towards the jugular. Not even enough time to duck, let alone block. But I shouldn’t give up. No. Giving up cannot happen. A goal has been set. The path was chosen. So survive Soru. Live on and complete the journey. Your, no my, everything depends on it.

An arm flies up in front of my neck’s exposed flesh. Another moves up behind that arm. A weak but passable shield is constructed to allow the wielder to survive. Limbs are expendable. My life isn’t right now. Swapping my loss of life with the loss of arms is a reasonable trade. In fact it is very generous. The shield will save the neck at least. So it will work for now.

Preparation for the incoming pain does not occur. It took all of my focus just to move with enough speed to survive. Honestly, I haven’t lost an arm before, so natural curiosity on how much it will hurt creeps in.

Yet it doesn’t come. Feeling still is of a comfortable nature within my appendages. Interesting. Why did it stop?

Tentatively my neck begins to slowly rotate counter clockwise. Vision locks onto aged blade once again, yet now there is a new accessory decorating the weapon. Bright golden chains of light encircle and snare the entirety of both the blade and its handle. A tight grip is kept by the chains which are shooting out from small golden lights littering the sky. Every direction has at least one angelic light guarding my life. So I take an advantage presented, grabbing a knife hanging from my belt and running with gusto towards the black cloak wielding the staff.

However make it I did not. A large sphere of blue flame plunges into my target as I step into striking range, surrounding the poor entity in flames which would even hurt a dragon. Small tears of cloak scatter in the wind in an attempt to escape the suffocation of the azure embers standing tall in majesty. A shambling shadow still suffers against the flames, stubbornly resisting to let it take the final spark of life residing within those hollow eye sockets. But a mere will to survive isn’t enough to withstand such a high level spell. Thus, the spirit dims from its eyes until nothing is left, and the shadow within the flame collapses, dissolving into particles upon impact with the ground.

“Thanks”, a statement of gratitude made purely out of courtesy.
“No problem big bro! We have each other’s backs after all!”
Ah…… such a lively voice fills my ears. Really lively. I don’t like it. Not one bit.
“I could have handled it you know. There was no need for you to intervene”
“Ehhhhh?” A confused noise escapes my little sister’s lips. “You woulda died ya know big bro. Or lost your arms. Probably both.”
She’s beginning to annoy me. I don’t want to remember anymore. I know what comes next.
“You aren’t as strong as me ya know bro, it’s fine to rely on me sometimes. Right, big brother?”
Oh. It was said. I better wake up before I get really pissed off. I know what happens next anyway.
Last edited by TheJerminator15 on Wed May 10, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

Re: Free Writing

#2 Post by firecat »

hi, if you want you can help creative a story in my novel. you can find information here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37742

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

TheJerminator15
Regular

#3 Post by TheJerminator15 »

firecat wrote:hi, if you want you can help creative a story in my novel. you can find information here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37742
Sure, it sounds interesting. Are there any romance routes? And how would you like me to send you the story? Through a word document?

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

#4 Post by firecat »

TheJerminator15 wrote:
firecat wrote:hi, if you want you can help creative a story in my novel. you can find information here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37742
Sure, it sounds interesting. Are there any romance routes? And how would you like me to send you the story? Through a word document?
we can talk in Discord my username is bigattck, also we can send documents through it.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

TheJerminator15
Regular

#5 Post by TheJerminator15 »

Nt familiar with discord since I just got it, but send me a message (name is Jimmeh#4144) and Ill be happy to talk.

TheJerminator15
Regular

#6 Post by TheJerminator15 »

An update to state that I am still free for writing slots, as well as an update to the original post.
My Current Writing Project: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37699
Manipulation Teaser Demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJ4E ... zV6TWVaclk

bunnyvoid
Regular
Projects: Lots of BG Commissions
Tumblr: bunnyvoid
Deviantart: bunnyvoid
Soundcloud: bunny-void

#7 Post by bunnyvoid »

hi there Jerm,

i wanted to inquire if your services are still available?
I have a project that needs a bit of consultation but i am unsure how to proceed.
Its high fantasy plot that involves a god vs man theme. Think god of war or skyrim but with some jrpg existential twist from Chrono Cross or Shadow of a Colossus.

thanks for this generous offer :) i'm not a native english speaker so i may need a lot of help.
As a fair exchange, i want to offer you my services as a background artist if you ever need one.
Here's my gallery. http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/gallery ... onment-Art

TheJerminator15
Regular

#8 Post by TheJerminator15 »

Hi there, yes my services are still currently available. I am more than happy to help consult on your project, and if you require someone to confirm my services are up to standard then I can point you to the user dfbreezy, whose work I consulted over for a brief period of time a few months ago.

EDIT: I'd like to add, your enviromental art is downright beautiful Bunny, and I really love the use of 3D renders. As someone who dabbles in 3D modelling I can tell how talented you are.
Manipulation Teaser Demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJ4E ... zV6TWVaclk

bunnyvoid
Regular

#9 Post by bunnyvoid »

aww thanks! kind words.
I hope you dont mind, i'll be contacting you through discord (using the info above)

bunnyvoid
Regular

#10 Post by bunnyvoid »

Hi Everyone,

I recently did a consultation with OP regarding my personal VN project and it is well worth it. Very quick and insightful replies. Recommended, would consult again!
Thanks again Jerm, hope you get more projects.

BunnyVoid

SKmuffinEXE

Re: Free Writing [Open Slots]

#11 Post by SKmuffinEXE »

Hey, curious if your services are still available. I have a project that I need writers on and would love to have you on our team.

I showed your writing to our artist and he really liked the way you write showed in your example, though we'd have to change it to fit a Visual Novel form better (though I can easily do that.) Our project is a fantasy themed story where the main character can twist reality to how he wants it. It has 3 paths, 2 of them being a B x G ending, and one of them being a BxB ending.

Please let me know if you're still available/interested in the project (or the routes) and I'll contact you through the discord information you've provided in a previous post.

TheJerminator15
Regular

Re: Free Writing [Open Slots]

#12 Post by TheJerminator15 »

SKmuffinEXE wrote:Hey, curious if your services are still available. I have a project that I need writers on and would love to have you on our team.

I showed your writing to our artist and he really liked the way you write showed in your example, though we'd have to change it to fit a Visual Novel form better (though I can easily do that.) Our project is a fantasy themed story where the main character can twist reality to how he wants it. It has 3 paths, 2 of them being a B x G ending, and one of them being a BxB ending.

Please let me know if you're still available/interested in the project (or the routes) and I'll contact you through the discord information you've provided in a previous post.
Hi there, I am interested in your project, though I would need more informaton before committing. I would also only be able to write a route as I have just accepted a project so would not be able to write for the entirety of yours.