THE STORY SO FAR...
Ezra has come to a conclusion: he must drop out of college by the end of the semester. Amidst meeting new friends and rekindling neglected relationships, he'll say his goodbyes to an important chapter in his life and make way for the next.
Created as an entry for Yaoijam 2016.
Doesn't have any other redeeming talents besides his interest in science. Majoring in biochemistry. His current situation leaves him feeling confused and unmotivated to plan for the future. He's not the nicest guy on the planet, but at least he tries.
Ezra's roommate and his long time best friend from childhood. He plays for the college football team. Junya's a guy with a sensitive heart and an open mind. It's very difficult to get him angry, but it's so much easier to make him cry.
A fellow student that meets Ezra's standards as a respectable as a lab partner. Though he's shorter than most guys and doesn't look his age, Ezra finds he's far from naive. He's composed and gives off that vibe that he knows more than he's letting on...
Senior. IT major. Rumors have been going around claiming he's an apathetic robot, but Ezra finds he's all that plus a jerk. On the bright side, he fixes computers for a reasonable price.
Ezra's sister, who now works at a cafe near the campus since it's close to her high school. They don't really see each other often, but talk on the phone frequently.
She grew up with Junya and Ezra. She's an aspiring architect, lover of the arts, and also Junya's ex-girlfriend. Through the years Ezra's known her, she's universally known as an angel, and Ezra is sometimes obsessed with trying to find her anything but that.
This is pretty much an alternate universe featuring the cast of a another VN I've been working on called Dakota Wanderers. Due to being busy with other projects, my progress for that visual novel hasn't gotten far in the script. Since the project started in 2013, I've been worried about keeping the interest I have for these characters, so I figured Yaoi Jam would be the perfect opportunity to let loose and write my characters freely. Happy to say that working on this game for the past two months has been a total blast! I'm very excited to release this demo, and hopefully the full release won't be too far off.
This demo is roughly 16k words and may take anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour of gameplay. I looked over the script as much as I could, but there's always the possibility of having errors. Let me know if you encounter any bugs or grammatical slip ups.
Also, any feedback on the demo would be much appreciated! The full release is still in the works, so any insight on how to improve the experience would be great. Thanks!
***GET DEMO ON ITCH.IO***
Alcohol use + some foul language
Story and Art - Boniae
Backgrounds - Morguefile, my personal photos, Sims 3(dorm placeholder)
Music - Alan Ruckus, Sunsearcher, ZuikakuP, Greg Reiter, TAM music factory
Extra - Kia's transition wipes
Outline – 100%
Script – ~90%
Art – 60%
GUI – 50%
1. On your discovery of the game, does the premise interest you? (Would the synopsis benefit from being longer, or does the shortness of it make it interesting?)
2. Which character are you interested in?
3. Some expectations for the full game?
4. After playing the demo, any suggestions or critique?
- [8/7/2016] Demo released in time for yaoijam deadline
- [1/12/2017] After a long hiatus, I started picking back up on SB. Organized my outline for all my unwritten scenes.
- [1/30/2017] Up to about 4k more to the script, nearly done with Dion's route.
- [3/9/2017] +2k words, Romance scene for Dion complete
- [3/25/2017] Dion's route is averaging more than 20k words! Woo! ^^
- [5/22/2017] Dion's route and Junya's routes are completely finished.
- [11/2/2017] Lorenzo's route is at 8k.
- [1/12/2018] The writing is nearly finished! Lorenzo's route is at 28k, Dion's is at 21k, and Junya's is at 10k. (Sounds pretty short, but the majority of beginning are scenes with Junya to be fair). All that's left in the writing department is extra/non route scenes.
- [3/27/2018] Shifting over to the art portion of the game. I'm trying to draw the CGs and BGs that are needed in the game.