Tailor Tales [GxB] Design clothes & dress-up. Beta 1.4 out! 100k words!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CatyCats
Regular

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design clothes with romance! Beta out

#46 Post by CatyCats »

1. Are you enjoying Neil's route, do you still like him/hate him?
2. What are your thoughts on Dimitri's first two chapters? Do you want to read more?
3. Who's your favourite guy out of Neil and Dimitri? Or perhaps Alex?
4. What's your favourite CG?
5. What's your favourite chapter or scene?
6. Which part was the most romantic to you?
7. Out of all of the side characters, is there anyone you would want as a date option?
8. Did you at any point get stuck on a loading screen?
9. Were you able to create clothing using the “Design” button?
10. Did you encounter any bugs while designing?
11. Were you able to dress up your avatar using the “Outfit” button?
12. Was everything easy to use, or were the menus too complicated?
13. What did you like more, creating clothes, dressing up the avatar, or reading the story?
14. Most importantly, did you enjoy the game? :D

1. I've replayed his route, and I still enjoy it, even the further parts! he did break my heart at the end...that jerk :C Still, I love his story ! And I noticed the tiny sounds he makes, there's more of it :o (like the sighing, laughing,..) I like it because it makes it more real and you get more the grip how he is like.
2. Well, I thought it was cute, typical hiding under shelter, then having a bf who turned out the be the older brother, the scenes where he saw the heroine's bra hahaha. But at chapter 2, I was shocked! Alex, how dare you!!!! So, again, it's a story that doesn't bore so I do want to continue the story! I could even guess the mysterious screeenshot sender :p
3. Totally not Alex! What a bastard! Horrible! Favourite guy would be Dimitri, he's shyly cute as a little brother :3
4. The passionate CG one! Although, I didn't had that dress on. Could it be that your system is to create a certain dress to proceed the next chapter? Oh and my hair was longer. The colour matches!
5. Favourite chapter would be where they kissed in a passionate way, I was satisfied :p
6. The romantic part would be chapter 12, I love mysterious masks!
7. Not really, I'm not into girls, and if you would make Alex a route, I would take my revenge on him o_o
8. No, I didn't
9. Yep!
10. No bugs, probably because I play this game on my new computer(, my old one is slow with the music changing), but I got a few remarqs
- Chapter 14 = joselina (i did chang my name but it appears the default name)
- chapter 14 = neil comes to you into the shop: neil blinks and me, then looks away again. His runs his fingers through black hair... (He runs his fingers...)
- chapter 18= = joselina (conversation with grandma)
- I see euros, instead of dollars, I'm in Belgium, but I wonder in which country this story is? France?
- To name my boutique, the last e can't appear. The default is "sunshine boutique" , but when I rename it, it's like this "Littlest Boutiqu", I can't type/choose the e our any other last letter
11. Yep!
12. Everything was easy to use!
13. that's a difficult question... My opinion: 1) Story (because you're a very good writer!) 2) creating clothes 3)dressing up
14. HECK YES! I've made a few clothes, and I like it :p I also love the story, it always excites me and it doesn't bore me at all
Here a few creations, I got more though :p
Attachments
TailorTales-Screenshot-00003.png
TailorTales-Screenshot-00007.png
TailorTales-Screenshot-00005.png
TailorTales-Screenshot-00002.png
Last edited by CatyCats on Wed May 24, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evy
Regular
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian

#47 Post by Evy »

YEEEESS... I know what I'm doing today~

Celianna
Veteran

#48 Post by Celianna »

CatyCats wrote:
1. I've replayed his route, and I still enjoy it, even the further parts! he did break my heart at the end...that jerk :C Still, I love his story ! And I noticed the tiny sounds he makes, there's more of it :o (like the sighing, laughing,..) I like it because it makes it more real and you get more the grip how he is like.
2. Well, I thought it was cute, typical hiding under shelter, then having a bf who turned out the be the older brother, the scenes where he saw the heroine's bra hahaha. But at chapter 2, I was shocked! Alex, how dare you!!!! So, again, it's a story that doesn't bore so I do want to continue the story! I could even guess the mysterious screeenshot sender :p
3. Totally not Alex! What a bastard! Horrible! Favourite guy would be Dimitri, he's shyly cute as a little brother :3
4. The passionate CG one! Although, I didn't had that dress on. Could it be that your system is to create a certain dress to proceed the next chapter? Oh and my hair was longer. The colour matches!
5. Favourite chapter would be where they kissed in a passionate way, I was satisfied :p
6. The romantic part would be chapter 12, I love mysterious masks!
7. Not really, I'm not into girls, and if you would make Alex a route, I would take my revenge on him o_o
8. No, I didn't
9. Yep!
10. No bugs, probably because I play this game on my new computer(, my old one is slow with the music changing), but I got a few remarqs
- Chapter 14 = joselina (i did chang my name but it appears the default name)
- chapter 14 = neil comes to you into the shop: neil blinks and me, then looks away again. His runs his fingers through black hair... (He runs his fingers...)
- chapter 18= = joselina (conversation with grandma)
- I see euros, instead of dollars, I'm in Belgium, but I wonder in which country this story is? France?
- To name my boutique, the last e can't appear. The default is "sunshine boutique" , but when I rename it, it's like this "Littlest Boutiqu", I can't type/choose the e our any other last letter
11. Yep!
12. Everything was easy to use!
13. that's a difficult question... My opinion: 1) Story (because you're a very good writer!) 2) creating clothes 3)dressing up
14. HECK YES! I've made a few clothes, and I like it :p I also love the story, it always excites me and it doesn't bore me at all
Here a few creations, I got more though :p
Okay, firstly, That Anna dress is AWESOME. Creative thinking using those small details! The rest are really cute as well! Since you've been messing around with it for a while, what kind of detail do you think is missing? Or perhaps a different hemline/collar etc. I'm always open to suggestions - although things like loose clothing/big shirts, or frilly skirts are already planned. I'm mostly asking for small details like the ribbons and pearls you've been using :)

Someone already brought it to my attention that chapter 14 and 18 still have Joselina's default name - but thanks again for mentioning it! There's nothing wrong with the sentence "He runs his finger through his hair" though. Oh, and an FYI, there's a slight visual bug for the rainbow pattern - already been brought to my attention as well.

As for your boutique name ... it's limited, there's 17 characters you can use to name your boutique. I will up the limit to 18 for the next beta :)

The CGs will only reflect your choice of skin/hair/eye colours and nothing else. Maybe I wasn't clear enough when I mentioned this in the beginning. I'm sorry, I'm not going to make a million different combinations possible to cover for the dresses the players can create, hah. Eventually, you will have to be wearing certain outfits to progress certain chapters, but it's not yet implemented in the beta.

The game is set in a fictional European country! Closely matching the Netherlands/Denmark. So we're using euros, and every guy's name will also reflect certain countries (even if they're not in Europe). Aiden Jager is German, Sam Janssen is Dutch, James Morgan is British, Dimitri Kotov is Russian etc.
I'm glad you liked Dimitri's route, I am personally very fond of him. He's so cute. He'll be 19 years old starting chapter 3, attending college, all grown up, hah. I'm kind of sad I made Alex really good looking, because in Dimitri's story he's obviously cheating on you. What a waste of a pretty face haha. But I guess it's almost true to life? Good looking people still cheat on you.

The kissing scene with Neil was a joy to write. No worries, it's not your last hot make-out scene :D I always find it such a disappointment in otome games that they only kiss once at the end, and it's not even anything passionate. So I will try my best to always have some kissing scenes spread throughout.

Neil's story is 2/3 of the way there! I will try to finish his story as fast as I can.
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

Evy
Regular

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design clothes & dress-up. Beta 1.0 o

#49 Post by Evy »

HELL YEAH. I'm super enjoying it and while it can be frustrating for him to go back to being a jerk, it definitely keeps me on my toes for future developments.
2. What are your thoughts on Dimitri's first two chapters? Do you want to read more?
It's like... you have a talent for presenting a character and then completely blowing my expectations out of the water. I didn't think he'd appeal to me much, but in just two chapters I'm already pretty endeared to him!
Neil, if only because there's more to his story for now. Alex can suck a fat one >:[
MAKEOUTS...
MAKEOUTS...!!
MAKEOUTS The whole part leading up to the makeouts, honestly, from the moment Angela passes out on her couch.
7. Out of all of the side characters, is there anyone you would want as a date option?
It might be a little too early to say, but like... Angela totally seems like she'd be bi, at least.
Nope!
Yes! I didn't spend too long on it just yet though because I was itching to continue the story.
Nope. But during the aforementioned CG, I noticed the hair remained as I chose it in character creation and didn't match other changes I made afterwards.
Yep.
The tutorial certainly helped me with getting situated. The designing and dress-up menus were pretty clear thanks to that, but the main screen could probably use some more obvious indicators? Like a highlight when hovering over them. But I imagine that might mean more coding work...
13. What did you like more, creating clothes, dressing up the avatar, or reading the story?
So far, the story for sure. In later versions I'm sure I'll spend more time playing around with the clothes! Right now it was kind of an appetizer and it worked in piquing my interest, but I was pretty eager to keep reading, haha...
14. Most importantly, did you enjoy the game?
Absolutely!!
Ahh, this made a bad day a lot better, seriously. I'm really looking forward to the next update! Quick question, though-
Is Neil gonna stick to black hair, or will his purple do make a comeback?

Celianna
Veteran

#50 Post by Celianna »

- HELL YEAH. I'm super enjoying it and while it can be frustrating for him to go back to being a jerk, it definitely keeps me on my toes for future developments.
He should stop going back and forth around chapter 20 or so, the future looks good!

- It's like... you have a talent for presenting a character and then completely blowing my expectations out of the water. I didn't think he'd appeal to me much, but in just two chapters I'm already pretty endeared to him!
Aww, did you think it was going to be boring? Haha. Poor Dimitri.

- It might be a little too early to say, but like... Angela totally seems like she'd be bi, at least.
I'm pretty sure she is! Nothing stands in her way.

- Nope. But during the aforementioned CG, I noticed the hair remained as I chose it in character creation and didn't match other changes I made afterwards.
Then everything is working as intended. You only influence CGs with your character creation in the beginning, not the dress-up portion :)

- The tutorial certainly helped me with getting situated. The designing and dress-up menus were pretty clear thanks to that, but the main screen could probably use some more obvious indicators? Like a highlight when hovering over them. But I imagine that might mean more coding work...
Which main screen are you talking about? The main menu where you can click "continue" to read the story, or the Design menu?

- Is Neil gonna stick to black hair, or will his purple do make a comeback?
Aww, if you were a fan of his purple hair, I've got unfortunate news ... Neil's staying black.
I'm glad you enjoyed the new update, I worked hard on releasing it!
You'd probably be happy to know there will be more makeout scenes for Neil. Well, as long as you go for the passionate route haha. The routes will split up at chapter 25.

CatyCats
Regular

#51 Post by CatyCats »

I'm so happy you think the Anna dress is awesome! :D I've spent at least an hour on that dress haha.
After a good sleep, I've been thinking about the details. Some are weird though but it's creative, no? ;p
You already have the basics such as stars, diamonds, ribbons,... you can add fruit or something to have a fruity dress xD
Maybe Music notes for the music lovers, or cupcakes, candies(like the candy witch house),...maybe too much fantasy xD? Christmas decorations on a dress (see image). Oh and that thing that uses to connect 2 ribbons (see cinderella dress) I don't know how it's called.
Maybe that pink thing to cover a bit of the dress, (see barbie). Or leaves (to design it together with roses into a beautiful patron).
Oh dress pockets :o , a belt? Otherwise, you have plenty already and I'm sure you have other designs,hems,... in head already.
Oooh, I'm glad there are more makeout scenes! A person after my heart! Indeed in otome games are only 1 kissing scene, but you got some routes where there are no kissing CG's. HUGE dissapointment! Like in Ayakashi Gohan. That's why I love the stories of the creator of Aloners/Wilders: Ran story. In those 2 games, there are also more kissing scenes (and even more).
About the sentence, in the game it says "His runs his fingers" instead of "He runs his fingers" :p (chapter 15, after the choosing the choice 'wait for him to finish')
BTW, will we see Alex again in Dimitri's route? Somewhere, at some moment? I'm really curious about that..can we punch him in the face? 8)
Attachments
island_princess_dress_up_1000.jpg
island_princess_dress_up_1000.jpg (31.09 KiB) Viewed 4597 times
ribbonssss.jpg
Cinderella_in_Her_Dress.jpg

RumRat
Regular
Completed: The Dreamweaver
Tumblr: the-rat-prince
Deviantart: TheRatPrince

#52 Post by RumRat »

1. Which character are you most interested in?
Currently, i'm looking forward to Aidens route, i like his design and his unusual hairstyle, hoping he's an awkward gamer geek. (tho the differing character sheets here and on itch have me a bit confused on whether he's a bartender or an IT guy and whether he's "not who he says he is" XD)
Caines route also seems like it'd be interesting.
2. Are you enjoying Neil's route, do you still like him/hate him?
I'm a bit torn over this one,
I enjoyed their bickering at first, and liked the part where the MC is purposely making him uncomfortable XD It's also cute how you can tell from the blushing and everything that he doesn't actually want to be a jerk but can't help it. The black hair also looks very nice on him. (tho i'm a bit put off with the fact that a random guy just happened to have the same weird hair Neil used to, without it being explained in any way)
But idk, to be honest it's just a bit too much for me, i don't know how their interaction develops further along, but when he went all "we shouldn't have contact with each other anymore" after everything he already put the MC through (i even went against myself and picked "its not what i want" because i didnt wanna be immature) he really crossed the line there with me, i know he thinks it's for the best or something, but i'm left wanting an ending where she just stops thinking about him and goes on with her life, because i don't want her swallowing her pride and ending up with a guy who's (even if its inadvertently) a jerk.
I think it'd be less of a bother if the MC wasn't portrayed as having such strong feelings of longing for him and being so hurt by it to the point where she can't think about anything else unless she distracts herself by working
But that's just my opinion XP
3. What are your thoughts on Dimitri's first two chapters? Do you want to read more?
He seems pretty cute, I'm looking forward to the rest of the story. :)
Tho I'm a bit put off by the age difference and I couldn't help but think the parents would not be willing to accept MC into the family again after she's dated and broken up with his brother already XD
4. Who's your favourite guy out of Neil and Dimitri? Or perhaps Alex?
I can't really say since I haven't seen much of Dimitri, tho I generally like the flustered shy types, and Neil did end up annoying me a bit so it will probably be Dimitri.
5. What's your favourite CG?
I liked the one where Neil and the MC were making out, though I've an inquiry, i didn't see anywhere that this was 18+ or that it includes sexual content, but that scene was certainly leading up to something, I'm wondering if there'll be any at the end? (it'll be kind of of difficult to top that build up otherwise XD)
6. What's your favourite chapter or scene?
I suppose I especially enjoyed the one where the MC was tormenting Neil while taking his measurements. XD
7. Which part was the most romantic to you?
Objectively, the scene at the ball was most romantic I'd say, subjectively, I found their playful bickering much more endearing (they might've been taking it seriously, but I insult people to show affection, so I found it cute, rather than frustrating XD) though as I said Neil really overdid it. :")
8. Out of all of the side characters, is there anyone you would want as a date option?
Not really, but I would want to see a friendship route for Sarah.
(though if you decide to also make her a romance option at some point I'd gladly play it)
9. Did you at any point get stuck on a loading screen?
Nope, all good.
Aside from the fact that sometimes I had to click twice on the 'design' or 'outfit' button for it to register (I also had to click enter twice for entering names), nothing.
11. Was everything easy to use, or were the menus too complicated?
Everything was quite well-placed and coherent, the gui design is solid.
12. What did you like more, creating clothes, dressing up the avatar, or reading the story?
The first thing I tried to make was a button up shirt, but alas, there wasn't a collar to indulge this notion, I'm guessing there'll be more options later on though, looking forward to it. :wink: I only dressed up the avatar once, since I felt it had no impact on the story so it wasn't as interesting for me. Reading the story was quite enjoyable since it's fairly well-written and the protagonist wasn't as meek as they tend to make them in otome games.
13. Most importantly, did you enjoy the game? :D
I did, and I will be coming back to play once it is updated. :D

As for the additional questions from the beta-testing thread(since that's how I initially saw this):
- Were you initially fooled during chapter 12, thinking it was Neil?
At first I was, when they bumped into each other, I had thought Neil simply didn't recognize the protagonist, but I realized during my first conversation (before the mirror room) with the black-haired man that he was actually Neil.

- Did it become obvious the black haired man was Neil instead?
Yup, rather than changing his hairstyle I thought he was wearing a wig though, and that he didn't know who the MC was either until they met at the bench outside. (Also, as I said, I was expecting a clarification on why that other guy had the same hair XD)

- Did you spot the falling star?
Nope, must've missed it D:
I read pretty fast so I tend to miss details.

- Did you like the CGs and which one was your favourite?
I answered this but yes, they were drawn rather nice.

- Did the second CG properly display your selected hair colour and skin tone?
Not really. So the first two options I had at the beginning I chose short black hair, but I changed it to long white hair after I started the game and saw I had more options. In the first CG I had the hair I choose at the beginning, and in the second one it was still black but longer?

- Did your opinion of Neil change? Do you like him more now, or hate him even more?
Like I said I actually liked him up to a certain point, but somewhere after the ball in the before and after they made out in her boutique his boorish behavior was just a bit overdone and began to annoy me, so in the end I was left wanting an option for the MC to stop liking him and just ditch him completely. :?

- Do you want to know what happens next?
Even though I'm put off by Neils route at this point I do still want to see where you go with it next so I suppose I do. And I'm looking forward to the other routes, of course, especially dat weird haired gamer. :wink:
Formerly ThePirate

The Dreamweaver(NaNo 2016)

Evy
Regular

#53 Post by Evy »

Celianna wrote:
Aww, did you think it was going to be boring? Haha. Poor Dimitri.
Oh no, that's not what I was getting at! Sorry, I worded that weirdly. It's more like I was so focused on continuing Neil's story that I didn't expect to so quickly get endeared to Dimitri's as well, haha.

Celianna
Veteran

#54 Post by Celianna »

RumRat wrote:I liked the one where Neil and the MC were making out, though I've an inquiry, i didn't see anywhere that this was 18+ or that it includes sexual content, but that scene was certainly leading up to something, I'm wondering if there'll be any at the end? (it'll be kind of of difficult to top that build up otherwise XD)
Thank you for all of your feedback! I will take it to heart. As to your question about the rating, Tailor Tales is rated T - so it does teeter on the edge. I didn't want to write innocent kissing scenes where you just give them a peck and that's it. It's hard to stop the scene from going places though, hah.

I could go 18+ for maybe optional add-on scenes? I don't want the young kids playing this game to have access to that though. But I guess it depends on the demand :)

Also, there aren't many options yet when making clothes, it's very, very early beta for this system, but I have a lot planned! You should definitely be able to make a button up shirt with a popped up collar.
Currently, i'm looking forward to Aidens route, i like his design and his unusual hairstyle, hoping he's an awkward gamer geek. (tho the differing character sheets here and on itch have me a bit confused on whether he's a bartender or an IT guy and whether he's "not who he says he is" XD)
Ah, Aiden's info on this thread is still outdated - back then I was still brainstorming his route. He's an IT guy now. I change a lot of info here and there until I actually start writing the story. Dimitri for example, was going to engineering school to build robot arms, and I switched him over to becoming a pastry chef when I realized the cake baking scene was adorable, and it kind of seemed like a passion of his.

If you're into awkward gamer geeks, you will love Aiden's route. It's the comedic route of the game! I have a ton of fun writing his route - I love writing idiot characters.
Not really. So the first two options I had at the beginning I chose short black hair, but I changed it to long white hair after I started the game and saw I had more options. In the first CG I had the hair I choose at the beginning, and in the second one it was still black but longer?
Not a bug, I should probably make this more clear since a lot of people are misunderstanding and think the dressing up will reflect all changes in the CG - I would never make a million different options for each CG! Only the character creation options will reflect the eventual CG, and only the chosen colours will matter. After character creation is finished, changing your outfit has zero influence on the CG.
Aside from the fact that sometimes I had to click twice on the 'design' or 'outfit' button for it to register (I also had to click enter twice for entering names), nothing.
Okay, having to click twice on Outfit/Design is definitely a bug, and I cannot replicate it. Can you start the game again and see if you still have to click twice? Can you hit F2 and tell me your FPS? Or does it only sometimes happen?

As for pressing enter twice on naming, yeah, I noticed :/ it's the script I'm using, and I'm unsure why it's giving me such grief. I think I'll just have to live with it since I can't fix it, and it's a one-time thing only in the beginning of the game.

As for your issues with Neil:
You're not the first to be tired of the back and forth between Neil and Joselina (although some people seem to have a love/hate relationship with it). This is the last time such a thing will happen - Neil mellows out considerably after chapter 20.

I am however, keeping an open mind to rewriting this part of his route, although it does mean I need to tidy up some other chapters to reflect those changes. But hey, that's why it's in beta, right? If Neil didn't walk in and tell you to stop seeing him, would you like his route more?
Evy wrote:Oh no, that's not what I was getting at! Sorry, I worded that weirdly. It's more like I was so focused on continuing Neil's story that I didn't expect to so quickly get endeared to Dimitri's as well, haha.
Oh! Well, that's a good thing then :) seems everyone is warming up to Dimitri.

RumRat
Regular
Completed: The Dreamweaver
Tumblr: the-rat-prince
Deviantart: TheRatPrince

#55 Post by RumRat »

It's hard to stop the scene from going places though, hah.
My thoughts exactly. XD And since it's difficult to properly cut off such a passionate exchange in a way that doesn't seem unnatural, and most vn's go about proportionally escalating physical contact between the characters towards the end, having them share an innocent kiss or repeat the same occurrence later on after such a build-up might not have as much of an impact as escalating it. Of course, if you instead proportionally scale up the romantic aspect of it rather than physical for a heart-throbbing finale, done proper it could work out just as well, if not better. Just thought i'd mention the dangers of getting them all hot and bothered so far from the ending without having it lead to something further in the final chapters. :wink:
but I have a lot planned!
I'm looking forward to the additional options, I'm always thrilled at the notion of further customization. :D
I change a lot of info here and there until I actually start writing the story.
I get that, I change a lot even while I write a story. XD
I would never make a million different options for each CG! Only the character creation options will reflect the eventual CG, and only the chosen colours will matter.
Sensible, that'd be way too much work. XD I'm hoping there'll be a tad more than just one starting outfit option in that case though, I'd probably be satisfied with getting jeans and sneakers instead of the skirt and sandals really. :") (Any chance of getting a white hair option in the character creation? X"D)
Can you start the game again and see if you still have to click twice?
This one seems to be on me, sorry, I re-started the game a few times then to check and it was the same but now that I've started it, it seems to be working fine. Perhaps I simply had too many things open at the same time then, you probably don't have to worry about it. :")

As for the clicking enter twice, it only happens with the last name and the boutique name but not with the first name, idk if that helps any. However, as you said, it really isn't a big issue, I don't think people will be getting frustrated over it or anything of the sorts. XP

As for Neil:
It really isn't as much an issue with the particular scene, but rather the quantity of such behavior he exhibits, or even the MC's reaction to it. At first it was mild frustrations she had, I found it charming even, how they got on each other's nerves(though I suppose some people will generally dislike it, but hey, bunch of other routes for them to choose from, you can't please everyone) however, she seems rather upset at what happened at the ball, after which they proceed to avoid each other like the plague, get on each others nerves, and then even after they reconcile and she pretty much obviously exhibits having strong feelings for him through her inner monologue, he goes ahead and yet again acts quite boorish towards her, I was just thinking no sane person would continue to put up with it. And I am not particularly imagining the heroine as a masochist. XD Rather than rewriting the course of events though, I think it would work fine just making her care less and feel less strongly about him or the whole ordeal(although I suppose that could impede the further pacing of the romance development, depending on how you envisioned it progressing) or toning down his antagonism a little bit after the initial stage, from, idk, when he invited her to the ball? (I was immensely against the fact she even went, after the way he flaunted the invitation at her face, acting as if she is so beneath the whole happening that she should eagerly beg for the opportunity. Have more self-respect Joseline! XD)
Then again, as I said, it's just my personal viewpoint. ;P
(I could probably give more particular suggestions on the matter if I took the time, but I doubt you'd care much to hear them, as I am of little relevance other than an interested onlooker, so I feel it'd be a waste of my effort to come up with such, and rather rude of me to meddle, really. However, if you do need any additional help or suggestions, I would be willing to "butt in" as they say. XD)
Formerly ThePirate

The Dreamweaver(NaNo 2016)

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#56 Post by AntiquedFae »

First of all: YAY DRESSUP!

So I've just been obsessing over the designing feature therefore I cannot offer any help with the routes, but hopefully my feedback on the design feature can still be a pinch helpful! Some of these things have already been mentioned by the other lovelies on this thread or by you as something already planned, but I thought it would be good to still leave them in so you can gage demand. :)

General:
-An option to try on clothes we’ve already made in the designing game, so we can match what we’re making to them? I made a skirt with a detailed design on the bottom to match a top only to discover that the colours didn’t balance out well and I was not willing to make that skirt again. Or at least the ability to edit designs we’ve already made! Pretty please!
-This probably isn’t realistic, but I’d love to be able to set how sheer things are. I really wanted to make some chiffon details like the sleeves but there is no option for that.
-Different textures in addition to ribbed. Lace option! Please? (Lace fiend, here.) Cable knit? Shiny, like satin or silk?

Details:
-Option for draping ribbons (no bows), bow with long trailing ribbons, one size smaller option for details like roses and tears
-Selecting space around some of the smaller details, mainly the smallest pearls, is WAY too big. It made doing fine detail patterns a really big pain because I couldn’t select what I wanted to and had to keep moving all the pearls out of the way to be able to move what I actually wanted to move. Then I had to put them all back again. So I stayed away from making complex details after that. (Especially since this was on the skirt that ended up not totally matching the top…)

Tops:
(Proofreading note: 'asymmetric' is spelled wrong under necklines. One s, two m's, not the other way around. I get confused about that all the time too.)
-Loose top option
-Top length option ex: tunic, crop, hip, waist
-Collar currently doesn’t work with fuller sleeves since it goes on top of them; option to have collar layered behind sleeves?
-One sleeve option

Skirts:
-Option to make mermaid and straight cut tight skirt
-More waistband options ex: basque, hip, empire, panelled
-More hemline options ex: all sorts of ruffles, pleats, scallops, pixie cut, wider hemline

Bottoms:
-More fit options, definitely!
-Waistline options
-Belt option

...And just for fun, the skirt and top that gave me lots of trouble but I still quite like (though the skirt needs to have more black!). ^.^
Attachments
TailorTalesOutfit1.png
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Celianna
Veteran

#57 Post by Celianna »

My thoughts exactly. XD And since it's difficult to properly cut off such a passionate exchange in a way that doesn't seem unnatural, and most vn's go about proportionally escalating physical contact between the characters towards the end, having them share an innocent kiss or repeat the same occurrence later on after such a build-up might not have as much of an impact as escalating it. Of course, if you instead proportionally scale up the romantic aspect of it rather than physical for a heart-throbbing finale, done proper it could work out just as well, if not better. Just thought i'd mention the dangers of getting them all hot and bothered so far from the ending without having it lead to something further in the final chapters. :wink:
Actually, that's something I wish to avoid. I love build-up, and I do have a lot of build-up - but I do not want to end the story with a "and they shared a single kiss" like every other otome does. So I make it a point to have them kiss at least midway through the story at some point, or have at least something steamy going on. Endings will be steamy as well - but most of the build-up will come to a climax in the form of a confession, with some physical stuff afterwards, hah. I should probably do a fade to black if I can't end the scene any other way.
Then again, as I said, it's just my personal viewpoint. ;P
Yes, but I want to hear everyone's viewpoint! Doesn't mean I agree, or will change something based on those viewpoints, but I will keep it in consideration. I'll keep the scenes as they are right now, but I will rewrite a few things in the upcoming chapters, and hopefully those that aren't very happy with the direction of his route can somehow find a compromise with what's coming next.

And also thank you for your feedback AntiquedFae!

First, let me get right out with it and say I'm not taking any suggestions, nor will be implementing new features in the design area. Those are all pretty much set. I'm paying a programmer for creating this for me, and he's done with this system so he won't be making anymore changes (also, I think working on this is sucking the life out of him). So to preview your other designs, as well as being able to edit a design you've made ... are not going to be added (designs are saved as an image, so you cannot edit them anymore afterwards, as it loses all its layers).

You can always take a screenshot of your outfit (using the camera button in the top left corner in Outfits), and then reference from this screenshot when creating other garments that match it.

We've spent months on trying to get sheer clothing items working, but it is not possible with javascript. I really wanted lots of lace options and sheer fabric, but that is unfortunately not feasible. This is a test sheer item I made:

This is what it looks like after it is saved (the transparency is lost):

So nothing sheer can be created :( I mean, you can, it'll just look like crap. I can only add them when you're dressing up, which means you cannot adjust colour/patterns etc.

Layering collars below sleeves was my initial plan. After testing it out, layering collars above sleeves gave better results (especially with the off-shoulder collars). There's still some layering issues here and there, but there's less than if sleeves go above collars. In the future I might switch them around again, depending on the kind of things I've created for it.

I will make the box smaller for the smaller details so that they're easier to select (don't forget you can zoom in for details!)

I don't think I can make anything with texture - I would have loved to, but things like shiny silk, sequins etc. they're all pretty much ruined because you can select a colour. This means for shiny fabric, there is no 'white' if you select red for example, it's just red after all. I will try to see if I can make a similar looking effect for satin, but I'm not very hopeful :P

Everything else you mentioned can be added, and hopefully will be! I've got loads of skirts/tops styles planned (these are subjected to change, and yes I still have that spelling error in there haha). Remember, this is still a beta, and a lot of available options are simply there to test them out! I wasn't even planning on adding pants to the beta at all, but I figured I could throw one style in there at least.

That said, thanks for giving me your feedback <3 and your outfit looks awesome by the way. Very detailed, but still earthy looking.

By the way, you have to click on "done" when you've clicked the Camera icon in Outfits, so that it'll generate a screenshot for you in your www > Screenshots folder :)

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#58 Post by AntiquedFae »

First, let me get right out with it and say I'm not taking any suggestions, nor will be implementing new features in the design area. Those are all pretty much set. I'm paying a programmer for creating this for me, and he's done with this system so he won't be making anymore changes (also, I think working on this is sucking the life out of him). So to preview your other designs, as well as being able to edit a design you've made ... are not going to be added (designs are saved as an image, so you cannot edit them anymore afterwards, as it loses all its layers).
I was wondering; I had a feeling most of those features were finalized, but since I wasn't 100% certain I figured I would include those just on the off-chance that some things were still possible. I hope you don't think me overbearing for all the mass of changes/additions I included! I'm super excited by how awesome it is so far so I...may have gotten a touch overzealous with my tone and suggestions. I hope I didn't offend you. It definitely was not meant to.
We've spent months on trying to get sheer clothing items working, but it is not possible with javascript. I really wanted lots of lace options and sheer fabric, but that is unfortunately not feasible. This is a test sheer item I made:
I had a feeling with the sheer collar in the game looking like that. It's really unfortunate, but completely understandable. We can just sulk together.
...Although the lace fiend in me still can't help but wonder if simpler lace trims could still somehow be harangued into looking good by doing very fine but opaque scallop and floral details with open parts... Ignore me.
I will make the box smaller for the smaller details so that they're easier to select (don't forget you can zoom in for details!)
Thank you! That was probably honestly my main problem with the designing aspect. It might have been because I was just trying to make way too complex of designs, but if I could that would be fantastic!
...And I totally did forget about the zoom in feature. >.> Oops.
I don't think I can make anything with texture - I would have loved to, but things like shiny silk, sequins etc. they're all pretty much ruined because you can select a colour. This means for shiny fabric, there is no 'white' if you select red for example, it's just red after all. I will try to see if I can make a similar looking effect for satin, but I'm not very hopeful :P
I had a feeling that if that was something that could be implemented, it would have been already. It would have been super cool, but having colours is definitely more important than fabrics!
Everything else you mentioned can be added, and hopefully will be! I've got loads of skirts/tops styles planned (these are subjected to change, and yes I still have that spelling error in there haha). Remember, this is still a beta, and a lot of available options are simply there to test them out! I wasn't even planning on adding pants to the beta at all, but I figured I could throw one style in there at least.
Those look absolutely amazing!! I'm really glad pretty much everything I thought of is already planned. Hehe, the reason I made so many suggestions is because it's a beta--no point in asking for major changes in a completed game! ;) I'm sorry that I came across wrong though. I just copied and pasted my notes I made while I was playing, but I should have edited them to make them more polite! My belated apologies.
That said, thanks for giving me your feedback <3 and your outfit looks awesome by the way. Very detailed, but still earthy looking.
You're most welcome! Thank you for taking it, despite the roughness. I hope something I brought up helps you a bit, at least. Oh, and thank you for the compliment on my outfit! Almost everything I designed is brown. Clearly, I have a bit of a colour favouritism problem...
By the way, you have to click on "done" when you've clicked the Camera icon in Outfits, so that it'll generate a screenshot for you in your www > Screenshots folder :)
...-facepalm- I was wondering why that camera button wasn't doing anything! My near-complete tech ineptness rears its ugly head. :roll: Thank you for the help!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Antizaba

#59 Post by Antizaba »

Hey :)

I'm definitelly enjoying it! i've experienced being in love with someone, who was somtimes nice, sometimes rude to me, so i can relate to Joselina easily. honestly, you've made a great job portrayiting this situation, i get the chills everytime they get closer to each other, or when Neil is mean to her. Plus the ending was super cruel, poor Joselina :D i can't wait to read more, i love it :)

Yes, yes, yes! So far it looks very interesting, i love the fact there is some kind of conflict from the beginning.

When it comes to personal preference, it would be 100% Dimitri. If i had to compare their stories, they are both equaly enjoyable for me, i can't pick :)

The "making out" one :P

i don't know yet. maybe i'll find one in next update :)

The ball. After all the shit with Neil, finally something sweet happens to MC

Angela! :)

Everything worked fine :)

So far, no problem.

Definetely the story. The clothes design is a nice element, but i like reading the story much more. to be honest, if you did the same same game without the clothes creating part, i would enjoy it equally.

14. Most importantly, did you enjoy the game?
OMG YES I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE :)

Bobipicolina

#60 Post by Bobipicolina »

abc
Last edited by Bobipicolina on Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.