Eli - [Free] [Relations] [Bullying] [Not a dating sim]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Adde

Eli - [Free] [Relations] [Bullying] [Not a dating sim]

#1 Post by Adde »

Popularity and power - we all want it! But where does it come from? What is it?
Play as Eli in this game that let you explore power and influence people.
Play on the fiercest proving ground created by mankind: primary school.

Play nice. Play mean. Experience the consequences.

What would you have done different?

https://www.jeromegames.com/eli/eli.html

This is our first release and we are super interested in any thoughts you guys may have :)

(And a little bit scared too.)

Cheerio,

Andreas

Last edited by Adde on Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

Re: Eli

#2 Post by Ertal77 »

Can you tell us a bit more about the game? Is it really a visual novel or more like a point and click game (judging by the first picture)? What about Eli, does she have a character card like Sophie?
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

Adde

#3 Post by Adde »

Hi Ertal77,

Good questions!

I would not call Eli a point-and-click game. There is no inventory and no "apply X to Y" puzzles. There are some very light social puzzles. For example in the beginning Eli is asking Hannah about her view on Finn, but Hannah does not want to share this information because "[She] don't want to talk about Finn with any stranger.", and at the same time there is the opportunity to do the homework with Hannah - so the solution is to do the homework together to get closer.

The finished game has much simpler social puzzles than I had first planned for, necessary to put the characters and the story in the first room. The game is probably more open than some visual novels though.

The theme of the game is 'Power' (as in power between individuals). It is set among children, which are great because they can be less inhibited before their morale develops. So it gives the opportunity to explore what power means.

Yes, there are two character cards for Eli, depending on where you are in the game.

If you would like to give the game a try, please PM me and I will send you a link. :D

Cheerio,

Adde

#4 Post by Adde »

And oh, Ertal77, I just noticed that your location is Spain. That homework Eli and Hannah does is actually about some events in Ronda (why good people do bad things). Hrm, I would relly like to ask if you would mind checking that part?

Adde

#5 Post by Adde »

I updated the description of the game. I feel it is now more accurate, and tells what the game is really about. Sorry if it was unclear before, as relations does not refer to a dating game in this case. The game is really a small study in power, and not always so cute as the color palette may indicate.

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

#6 Post by Ertal77 »

I played it last night, and it was really interesting! You are right, there aren't many games which explore how relationships work and how to balance power. It's a really good game for helping kids to deal with bullying, too.
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

Adde

#7 Post by Adde »

Thanks Ertal77!

(Sorry for the late reply, been away.)

Adde

Re: Eli [Free][Psychology][Bullying]

#8 Post by Adde »

Hi all,

Just wanted to share that Eli the game got invited to Indiecade. So I went there, which is a story in itself, and got a lot of feedback that I have included in the game. Also, switched platform to Itch.io which meant the game is FREE!

https://jeromegames.com/eli/eli.html

(And oh, just be clear, this is NOT a dating sim. But it has some game mechanics you just might not have seen before, and decent production values if I might say.)

As always - any feedback is most welcome :)

Andreas