Need Help Building on an Idea? [Paid][Closed for now!]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

Need Help Building on an Idea? [Paid][Closed for now!]

#1 Post by Agashi »

Decided to recycle this thread, even though my circumstances have changed.

ABOUT ME:

First of all, thanks for viewing this topic! I am a stay-at-home mother of one precocious little boy and enthusiast of all things fantasy, fiction, and visual novel. I'm currently looking to earn a bit of money to help my husband pay the bills while working to complete my VN, "Queen's Crown."

As far as experience goes, I've got two completed projects under my belt and I'm currently working on a third (links to all of these can be found in my signature). My completed VNs - "This, My Soul" and "Celestial Crossing" - were both relatively short, at roughly 40,000 words apiece, and I can only claim to have fully plotted the former. However, "Queen's Crown" has already surpassed that wordcount without breaking a sweat, and I'm no stranger to plotting out 200,000+ word epics as well, so I consider myself reasonably experienced across the board.

Have a good idea/concept, but need help turning it into a full story?

I'm closed for writing, at the moment, as it takes a lot out of me creatively and I'm still trying to work on my own projects.

I am, however, willing to do outlines at a flat rate of $20-$50 (depending on the size and scope of your project, whether or not you want separate outlines for romance routes, etc). Do not underestimate the power of a strong outline! What I will be doing is helping you build up the entire plot of your story, with your input. Characters will be fleshed out, conflicts added, and endings reached. All you would have to do after that point is connect the dots!

As far as my work process, I am very communicative and I have no objection to being poked through email, private message, or skype if you need regular status updates. Please note that I DO expect this to be a collaborative effort, so expect lots of questions from me to ensure the story is going where you want it. Which brings me to...

What I will do:
- World-building
- Brainstorming/Idea-bouncing
- Character Concepts
- Story-arcs/relationship-arcs
- Blood, gore, and violence
- Most explicit content
- Most genres

What I won't do:
- Anything involving mechs (You wouldn't want me to, trust me.)
- Non-con
- Mystery

The more info you have already, the better, but all I would really need of you up front is a basic concept and a Paypal account.

Terms:
  • I do expect credit for my work, but this can come in the form of "special thanks" or something similar. I understand that I am only offering a framework and the final result can - and likely will - deviate from it at some point. :mrgreen:
  • I will not post the outlines in full ANYWHERE. I may ask for permission to post excerpts of earlier sections, as examples of my work, but you can say no or rescind your permission at any time.
  • If you have any deadlines, hard or soft, please let me know right away.
  • I ask that all payments be made either up front, or right before the completed outline is sent. I also ask that the client pay the fees to Paypal so I may receive full compensation for my work.
  • I reserve the right to refuse a commission if I feel my services are not a good fit for the project. This is nothing personal, however, and I will only do this before any money is exchanged. Once you've paid, my services are yours. :)
Here is a small excerpt from an outline I did for a fanfiction I never ended up writing (just to give you an idea of the level of detail you can expect) :
Chapter 1:
Rin and Kagome are sisters living in a small village on the outskirts of the Western lands, a forested kingdom inhabited by demons. Because of the great demon lord’s disappearance many years ago, the imbalance of power has caused demons to attack human settlements even more frequently than they did before. After one such battle, the village males are left decimated, and in order to survive, the women must take on the roles of hunting and gathering. Kagome becomes a hunter along with her friend Sango, having forced herself to become proficient with a bow, and Rin becomes a gatherer.

Because the number of men in the village has significantly decreased, the women are pressured to marry and have more children, while the men, young and old, have their pick of potential brides. Miroku, the most eligible bachelor of the village due to his being a monk able to sense the approach of attacking demons, pursues Sango, much to her bewilderment and embarrassment. She also has the additional concern of her brother, Kohaku, being drafted into the village militia despite being very, very young.

Kagome is approached by Hojo, the apprentice of the late village healer and now the apprentice of his wife, village elder Kaede. Hojo asks her permission to begin a courtship, and despite her complete lack of interest in the young man, Kagome considers it her duty to help repopulate her village. She promises herself to him, though it weighs heavily on her. Rin is also engaged to marry Kohaku by Kaede, the village matchmaker, despite the both of them being very young. Rin is slightly happier about this arrangement, since she and Kohaku have known each other and played together since they were very small. She loves him, but more in the way one would love a close friend. She accepts that this is probably the closest she will ever come to finding happiness.

Chapter 2:
On a routine hunt not far from the village with Sango, Eri, Yuka, and Ayumi, Kagome and the others are attacked by a band of crow demons. Eri is quickly killed, while Yuka and Ayumi are gravely wounded. Their calls for help are heard by the rear detachment of militia including Kohaku, who rush to their aid. Sango and Kagome are able to fend off the demons for a while, until Sango is knocked unconscious. Kagome makes the decision to lure the demons away, slaying their leader and enraging most of them enough that they chase after her.

Kohaku arrives on the scene shortly after and attempts to slay the few demons that saw through Kagome's ruse and remained behind with the gravely injured women. He manages to kill a few, but the most powerful one shoves him aside and uses the semi-conscious Sango as a meat shield. Kohaku hesitates at a critical moment, unwilling to accidentally hurt his sister, and is slaughtered as Sango helplessly watches. Miroku and the other men arrive on the scene and defeat the last demon, rescuing Sango, who breaks down in the nearest set of arms. Miroku's.

Chapter Three:
In the forest, Kagome is still running from the demons. She injures herself on a rock, and the scent of her blood draws the attention of even more demons to her hiding place. Deciding to make a last stand, Kagome comes out into the open and draws an arrow. Holy energy surrounds her. The crow demons approach her and attack, sending her sprawling. Before she can rise, a shadowy figure neatly dispatches her assailants and flits back out of sight. The crow demons scent the intruder and laugh scornfully at the half-breed within their midst. Said half-breed promptly tears them to shreds.

Kagome draws her last arrow in defense and threatens the new demon with purification. His beauty disarms her for a moment, though she recovers quickly. The only reason she doesn’t immediately strike is because she is perplexed both by his very human appearance and by the term half-breed, which she takes to mean part of him is human as well. In her moment of hesitation, he swiftly breaks her bow in two, knocks her hunting knife aside, and coldly pronounces her his prisoner.
Thank you very much and I hope to work with you soon!
Last edited by Agashi on Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

Agashi
Regular

Re: Need Help Building on an Idea? [Paid & Unpaid][Open]

#2 Post by Agashi »

Bumped as there have been many changes to my original post!
Current Projects:

Agashi
Regular

Re: Need Help Building on an Idea? [Paid][Open]

#3 Post by Agashi »

Open for commissions once again. :D
Current Projects:

batflex

#4 Post by batflex »

Sent you a PM! Very impressive track record!

Agashi
Regular

#5 Post by Agashi »

batflex wrote:Sent you a PM! Very impressive track record!
Awesome! Thanks for your interest. :mrgreen:

I'm currently working with:

1) Googaboga
2) Batflex
3) Demetis

UPDATE 6/24/17: The queue has been filled for now, but I may open up again at a later time. Thanks, everyone!
Current Projects: