To Weave a Thread [BxB][Fantasy|Family|Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

Re: To Weave a Thread [BxB][Fantasy|Family|Drama]

#31 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Zelan wrote:Please do live. <3 I like you being alive.

And man oh man, those colors on Thala's mother are absolutely freaking gorgeous. You'd think the pinks wouldn't work with the other colors but it turned out really stunning. :o
AGGRESSIVELY CLOSES EYES I have been picking fights with traffics to put it simply but anyway

Honestly a lot of the aesthetics you see in this project are things I don't generally do (they're really flashy) but they look really good somehow. It's kinda like getting drenched in wall paint but the Y WORK. Folk festival clothing are truly things of magic

I'm chugging along really slowly thanks to recent events (cough some really terrible finals) and trying to crawl back out of that wholesome pit of despair buT
Script at 16k!
I added 5 more stats!
there are already 25 different conversations that get their own flags!
There's one section where it's a three-tiered menu and you most likely won't even get it on the first few go I'm honestly questioning my life choices here

BUT HOW ARE YOU ZELAN? It's been over a m on th
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#32 Post by Zelan »

Ambitious writing and branching in vns are mY SHIT so there is no need to question your life choices my bro

I'm good I guess but i have a job now so my free time is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i haven't played a vn in like a month and it's not okay

the camp children are precious tho so i guess it's fine

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#33 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Zelan wrote:Ambitious writing and branching in vns are mY SHIT so there is no need to question your life choices my bro

I'm good I guess but i have a job now so my free time is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i haven't played a vn in like a month and it's not okay

the camp children are precious tho so i guess it's fine
With a script like this I'm amazed I'm still at 16k words

oH
well, if it's a seasonal camp? It does sound somewhat fun, though-- I just have a sort of trauma with guiding children in general LOL
It's good that they're great! play a VN in front of them, in a circle
Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Zelan »

oh my lordy i'm gonna get so many hours out of this game

Yeah, it's only for the summer, but then I have school again once fall rolls around + I'll probably start looking for a part time job too. :/

OK BUT NO JOKE that is LEGIT what I'm hoping to do in the future. I want to be an English teacher and depending on how strict the curriculum is/how quickly we can finish it I could totally be like "this VN is literature guys" and we coULD ACT IT LIKE A PLAY LIKE WHEN YOU DO SHAKESPEARE

it is my life goal to personally increase lemmasoft membership by 5 of my future students per year

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Zelan wrote:oh my lordy i'm gonna get so many hours out of this game

Yeah, it's only for the summer, but then I have school again once fall rolls around + I'll probably start looking for a part time job too. :/

OK BUT NO JOKE that is LEGIT what I'm hoping to do in the future. I want to be an English teacher and depending on how strict the curriculum is/how quickly we can finish it I could totally be like "this VN is literature guys" and we coULD ACT IT LIKE A PLAY LIKE WHEN YOU DO SHAKESPEARE

it is my life goal to personally increase lemmasoft membership by 5 of my future students per year
I'm honestly just kinda cold sweating over the fact that I might actually need to make a walkthrough to let people get EVERY bit of dialogue because there are some flags that carry pretty far
But at the same time I'm kinda feeling evil and interested in putting a percentage of dialogue seen thing just to taunt people because they can't get one bit of dialogue to pop up
bUT ksen has a better idea so yall saved

PATS THOUGH... I hope you'll still have at least some time to yourself!

THAT'S A REALLY GOOD GOAL TBH though depending on where you live that might be easier than you'd think, provided that it's not like, otome where the main plot is scoring guys LMAO
There are good VNs that I honestly would hold up as just Great Storytelling on all accounts: visuals, sounds, writing. I genuinely think VNs are worth it for that Whole experience that is such an important part of narration.

YES!! a good goal

also, have a pancake

Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Zelan »

The dialogue percentage thing would drive me up the flippin wall so thank u ksen for rescuing me from that fate

I'm crossing my fingers for it... a lot of people say that the year I just completed is the worst in terms of workload so I'm hoping that's really the case.

Oh, yeah, I absolutely agree! Just because it's "just a game" doesn't mean that the writing is somehow subpar to published books. There are definitely some things published that are of less quality than some VNs I've read.

The VN that originally gave me the idea was Taarradhin by Cyanide Tea (I always hold that one up as a "true end" done well) and since it's SFW, on the short side, and has some interesting topics to discuss, it has potential as something I could do between units or at the end of the year or something. If I could do a longer VN as like its own unit and everything, I've been thinking about maybe CUPID???? With the mature filter on of course. But even with that I wonder if the content of the VN itself would put a stop to that idea even if the administrators or whoever were okay with me showing my class a game.

uhhh we are derailing this thread so hard right now oops

The pancakes look deLICIOUS I WANT ONE. hmm maybe i'll have some for dinner.

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Zelan wrote:The dialogue percentage thing would drive me up the flippin wall so thank u ksen for rescuing me from that fate
I'll pass it on to him

THAT'S GOOD THEN! I hope you'll get time to play VNs
Oh, yeah, I absolutely agree! Just because it's "just a game" doesn't mean that the writing is somehow subpar to published books. There are definitely some things published that are of less quality than some VNs I've read.
TBH. Then there's a matter of POV and in general plotline choices that could make for very interesting discussions on plotting, since VNs in general have multiple routes of varying quality.
The VN that originally gave me the idea was Taarradhin by Cyanide Tea (I always hold that one up as a "true end" done well) and since it's SFW, on the short side, and has some interesting topics to discuss, it has potential as something I could do between units or at the end of the year or something. If I could do a longer VN as like its own unit and everything, I've been thinking about maybe CUPID???? With the mature filter on of course. But even with that I wonder if the content of the VN itself would put a stop to that idea even if the administrators or whoever were okay with me showing my class a game.

uhhh we are derailing this thread so hard right now oops

The pancakes look deLICIOUS I WANT ONE. hmm maybe i'll have some for dinner.
OH. I'LL CHECK IT OUT SOON!
It's less wordy and far shorter, but I've always held Locked-In as something to aspire to in both visuals, presentation, sounds, etc etc. It's just so EXCELLENT on all that. The plot isn't something I would discuss at length, but it has excellent narrator voice-- it's very commanding and is full of personality.

I'll admit I didn't have the guts to play through CUPID LMAO
I tried but chickened out by the first choice because... no... that's too cruel for me to do without losing sleep.

IT'S A VERY GOOD DERAIL ACTUALYL I absolutley love thinking about VNs as a narrative medium. I think it doesn't get talked about enough, even. It's got so much potential! If board rules allow it I could talk about this all day.

panCAKES
Image Image

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by Ghost of Crux »

It's 8:30 AM and I spent 3.5 hours drawing Em and Unia
I love them a lot
I finished linearting variants for another sprites-CG (on cart) and colored the base of it too; I just need to draw about hmm... 6 more sprites? 8? Depends on whether full body variations count as new ones, which I reckon they do. July's work is going to be a lot of backgrounds, but I still need to study how to imitate oil paintings digitally. That, or I could just do some watercolors for it. Either way, my work after the sprites are done will not be easy lol

Then there are the CGs...
closes eyes
Image Image

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#39 Post by Ghost of Crux »

WHO ARE WE? MOSTLY ME!
WHAT DO WE WANT? MORE MENUS!
WHEN DO WE WANT IT? NOW!

OK jokes aside I wrote 1.5k words today, and it's about Ally! Ally and Lesath, to be precise, with appearances from Shaula and Ann. Hopefully it'll add more depth to the other Celestes as well, including Ann-- they're kinda the main characters too. Kinda.
(It's also important to establish stats and routes for Ally further down the line, but I'll keep the details of that a secret.)
sh "You two sound like you're having fun washing dishes together."
sh "Is it a gossip?"
le "Since when do {i}I{/i} gossip?"
al "Ah, not going to defend me, Lesath?"
#Lesath sputters
le "Since when do {i}you{/i} need defending?"
#Ann appears
ann "Excuse me? Ally's the only one of us who can't use a sword-- I think that's plenty reason to defend him."
On top of it all, I also set up a Patreon page! There are monthly reviews that will be open for all, but weekly reviews will be open to patrons for as little as $1 and there will be more details and arts and snippets in those posts. Also, you get to see my work bullet journal. It's not very exciting, though. The June Spread is a bore.

My July spread, though... ohohoho. If you like anticipatory suffering, you should see June Monthly Report.
Image Image

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#40 Post by Ghost of Crux »

HI I'M BEAT
I haven't even done much-- well, not for this project anyway. I spent all of yesterday's working hours on a side project. It's looking pretty good, though, so at least it's not wasted time.

But last week I got around doing the second-to-last new character for the demo! Meet Thala's dad. Thala definitely did not inherit things from him.
I spent an hour or two trying to work out the backgrounds and aesthetics of TWAT yesterday. Spent some time researching references, spent some time trying to decide how I'll be doing the backgrounds. (spoilers: I will not be picking up oil painting for it) I dunno where to go now, but I have to finish a background this week so I'll see you next year!
Image Image

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by Ghost of Crux »

lies down i'm so tired and dejected suddenly

Drew another CG, though, since I noticed that there's barely any.
Also wrote more. Man, my energy level is atrocious right now.
Image Image

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Sassy McSassqueen is alive and kicking, and for some reason so am I!
Been working a bunch on the arts still, and trying to get the script back on track. It's at 24k words now; I wanted to get to 30k by the end of the month but it's highly unlikely. Backgrounds are progressing much better, though, and I'm doing it much faster than I previously have since I now know what style I'll be drawing it in.
Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#43 Post by Zelan »

slaMS INTO THE THREAD I HAVE RETURNED FROM MY SLUMBER

(read as: i died for a while but it's fine i'm back)

There is so much pretty art here and I love it so much. I mean Tala's dad is *OK symbol* and Unia looks downright dangerous in that post from June 25th I mean damn I would not want to meet her in a dark alley

I hope you've been doing well this summer! c:

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#44 Post by Ghost of Crux »

[LAUGHS LOUDER] I HAVE RETURNED FROM MY EVEN-LONGER SLUMBER

(read as: college murdered me and dismembered all my body parts but I crawled out for a temporary reprieve)

I'm kinda happy you think the art is at least nice because LMAO everything is such a mess [face in hands]
I've been working on the project again this week and I've gotten around to fixing some animations and redid some stuff? The aesthetic is now more closely resembling what I've wanted all along. I'll hopefully post pics and gifs in [squints] a week or two.

Thank you so much for everything tho Zelan kjrehtskrj
I hope you've had a wonderful few months!
Image Image

Dovahkitteh
Veteran
Completed: YDD, RE, CoB, Req
Projects: Red Embrace: Hollywood, The Black Hand
Organization: Argent Games
Tumblr: argentgames
itch: argent-games

#45 Post by Dovahkitteh »

Can I just say, you win the award for the best game name acronym in existence? God damn >.>

More seriously, though, your art is really pretty, eye-catching in a more unique way than the standard animu. Wishing you all the luck with this project, and I hope busyness doesn't keep you from completing it!

Writer, Programmer, Designer

Programming/Design Commissions

Image Image