A Very Important Date [GXB|GxG|BxB][Otome|Slice of Fantasy|Commercial]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Chibi Subaru
Regular
Projects: A Very Important Date
Organization: Naïve Sprites
Tumblr: naivesprites
Deviantart: naivesprites
itch: naivesprites

Re: A Very Important Date [GXB][GxG][Otome|Fantasy] Greenlit

#61 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Hello, everyone!

We have some exciting news for you today! Our team plans to launch our next Kickstarter attempt on June 6th at 12PM eastern time. This time our initial goal will be set at $3,500 USD, which covers the remaining songs and backgrounds that we still need for the game. If we reach stretch goals, that money will help us pay for the character art and CGs along with additional objectives like additional poses and additional CGs.

This Kickstarter will also include our Spin-Off game (title still in the works), which will be in the reward tiers. This spin-off game will have a male lead with four possible suitors: two males, one male-to-female transgender, and one female. This game will be released some time after Connor’s and Lowell’s first season stories.

We’ll also be increasing the number of main stories and epilogues that backers can get as rewards from five possible suitors to all eight! So instead of only being rewarded with stories for Gwyn, Emil, Rory, Harlan, and Sven, backers could also get stories for Connor, Lowell, and Julianna as well!

We’ll be adding more digital rewards this time and removing some physical rewards like the T-shirt. The remaining physical reward items will be changed into add-on items, except for the metal 2 inch key chain.

Please, share this news to help build awareness for our Kickstarter and expect more information on the topic soon.

NaiDriftlin
Regular

#62 Post by NaiDriftlin »

It's great to see you guys are still at it. It seems like it's been a real road of trails for you guys. Hope everything goes well with this Kickstarter. We're keeping an eye out out for your new KS.
Honest Feedback Welcome! viewtopic.php?f=43&t=42105#p440676
Want feedback? Just ask!

Want instant feedback?
Join me on Discord Devtalk! https://discord.gg/K3w2khD

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#63 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Thank you. It has been a difficult year for not just Justin and myself, but also Darkenmarr. I wish this year would leave us alone.

We have setup our next Kickstarter attempt and here's the preview for it.

Two days after we start the next Kickstarter attempt, we'll be at a convention in Fort Worth, TX, A-kon, and will be selling art and promoting the visual novel and the campaign.

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#64 Post by Chibi Subaru »

kistnerelizabeth
Regular

Re: A Very Important Date [GXB][GxG][Otome|Fantasy] Kickstar

#65 Post by kistnerelizabeth »

Good luck on your Kickstarter! Glad to see you guys are still at it. :)

Chibi Subaru
Regular

Re: A Very Important Date [GXB][GxG][Otome|Fantasy] Kickstar

#66 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Thank you ^_^! We're going to keep working on this no matter what, lol. We've been working on it for a long time now, so I'm not gonna just throw it out.

We're working on adding Rory's first three chapters into the next demo update.

We're currently at 44% of our goal of our Kickstarter campaign!

Chibi Subaru
Regular

Re: A Very Important Date [GXB|GxG|BxB][Fantasy] Kickstarter

#67 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Hello everyone!

We're happy to announce that A Very Important Date's demo has been updated! The Rory update includes the first 3 chapters of Rory's story which boosts the word count of the demo to over 45,000, and increases playtime by around two hours! The demo can be downloaded from our Itch.io page.

Along with Rory's chapters, this demo also adds in the CG Eye Toggle feature and the ability to delete save files. The CG Eye Toggle feature will change our event illustrations to either show Alison's eyes or have them obscured. The CG Eye Toggle's effect can be seen in Gwyn's third chapter.

Please keep in mind that this is still a demo, so there may still be bugs that haven't been worked out yet. In our next demo update, we hope to implement the fast forward, log, and name change capabilities.

Along with the demo news, we are also happy to announce that we've reached 51% on Kickstarter! Thank you to everyone who has backed us so far and those who have shared our links! Our campaign runs until July 21st at 11:59PM EDT, so if you try our newer demo and enjoy the characters and story, please consider backing us on Kickstarter. If you're unable to back us, simply sharing our posts to help spread the word about A Very Important Date would help us immensely.

Thank you all and we hope you enjoy Rory's update.

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#68 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Hello, everyone!

A Very Important Date is at 59% on Kickstarter at the end of our second week! We still have 31 days to go, so if you’ve not backed us yet there is still time to do so. If you’re unable to pledge towards our goal, sharing our posts and links helps us, too.

We’ve been getting a lot of good questions on our Kickstarter from backers and non-backers. A question we received earlier today asked us if someone backed the Kickstarter with a tier that includes free routes, if they could use one of their free routes on our 9th mystery character? Our answer is yes, most definitely! For example, if they only get one route at the $10 Lilac tier, they could hold onto their free route and redeem it for the 9th character once they’re released.

We’re also adding in the option to back us on Kickstarter through PayPal! Any money received through Paypal will go into Justin’s account, which he will then put into the Kickstarter as a proxy for our Paypal backers. When you back us through PayPal make sure you use USD and leave a note saying which tier you’re pledging towards. If you are wanting to pledge through PayPal towards any of our tiers with limited openings, please contact us first. Also, if you want to receive the Backer Only posts, please let us know so we can email them to you. Please do not share the Backer Only posts anywhere else.

Thank you all for your continued support for our visual novel!

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#69 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Hello all you wonderful people!

Yesterday marked the third year since I started writing A Very Important Date!

There have been a number of highs within this last year. We’ve picked up the amazingly talented Geoff Moore as our composer, who has already created nearly half of our soundtrack! Through Darkenmarr, we made the steps to move our sprites to Live2D! Our background artists created over 20 backgrounds! Through the hard work of our programmers, we got our visual novel’s engine to run smoothly! Justin, Darkenmarr, and I visited our first conventions under the Naïve Sprites name! We even dipped our toes into Kickstarter!

But with the highs come the inevitable lows. This past year has been a really rough one for a lot of our team members. We’ve lost loved ones, new health situations have cropped up, and other unavoidable life events have affected the team, and these have been incredibly difficult for us. But from those we persevere. We press on. We’re still moving forward as best as we can.

One of the main reasons for pressing forward is because of all of you. When I say that you’re wonderful people in my posts, it’s not just because I’m trying to make an Alice in Wonderland styled turn of phrase. It’s because that’s what all of you are; wonderful, amazing, understanding individuals that I cannot thank enough. Thank all of you for sticking with us, cheering us on, giving us feedback, sharing our links, and most of all, for giving this little upstart crew a try.

Right now, after adding in the money from A-kon to Kickstarter, we’re sitting at 67% of our goal. Words cannot express how happy I am to be at this point. I want to extend my gratitude to my team, my boyfriend, my friends, my family, and all of our fans and backers for getting us to this point as we turn our eyes to the next year.

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#70 Post by Chibi Subaru »

With 25 days to go, I'm so happy!

EDITED: I just checked out Kickstarter... and we're at 73% now O_O!

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#71 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Hello all you wonderful people!

I was looking through the tier info on our Kickstarter and realized, other than the annoying spelling mistakes (Hoursefly? Butterly? ARG!!!), that I made a different kind of mistake. In some tiers I didn’t specify that the Main Stories and Epilogues rewards are for Steam only. But then I got to looking into the availability of promo codes for the mobile devices, seeing if the big two changed their policy from the last time I checked.

From my research last year, I knew that Google Play allowed 500 promo codes to developers every quarter for apps and in-app items, but Apple was finicky and only allowed codes for the app itself, not the in-app items, which didn’t help us. A Very Important Date was always planned for a mobile release, but giving free stories to backers for mobile seemed like it wasn’t going to be doable in our last try at Kickstarter because of Apple’s weird policies. So being under this impression, we kept the Stories/Epilogues tier rewards Steam exclusive for this campaign.

Well, things have changed it seems. Google Play’s policy has remained the same, which is great. Apple, however, has changed their policy to allow 100 codes per in-app item up to total of 1,000 codes max during a 6 month period. Once that code is generated it only has a lifespan of 28 days, though. That’s great, although weirdly limited.

So the way it looks right now, we’re tentatively saying that backers with Stories/Epilogue tier rewards can choose between Steam, iOS, or Android versions, bearing any changes to Apple’s or Google Play’s policies between now and the time of A Very Important Date’s release. If there are any changes, the Steam release will still be our go to.

We’d also like to take the time to showcase another romantic fantasy otome/visual novel! From the makers of the free-to-play Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones, comes the beautiful Nusantara: Bermuda Triangle from SweetChiel, which is currently on Indiegogo!
Be sure to check out their demo on Itch.io! Currently, their Indiegogo campaign is at 62% with only 7 days left! Let’s make sure they meet their goal!

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#72 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Hello, everyone!

Today we get to give out some wonderful news! We’ve hit 100% funding on Kickstarter!

But this isn’t the end of our Kickstarter adventure! We have 18 days left on our campaign and we have seven stretch goals to aim for. The first of these stretch goals is to have a Boys Love side story in A Very Important Date’s main game. This will be a three to four chapters short story that will feature our main game’s cast. If this goal is reached, any $30+ tier will get this side story for free! (If you do not want this side story, it could be traded for a future side story instead.)

We wouldn’t have been able to do this without each and every one of you! Thank you so much for getting us this far and for letting me live out a dream I’ve always had! We all can’t wait to show you the future of A Very Important Date.

Currently Justin and I are working on fixing up Harlan’s third chapter and once it’s finished, we’ll be going back into the first three chapters to add in choices.

On the programming side, the addition of the Log and the Fast Forward features are in the process of being implemented.

On the art side, Justin is looking through references and sketching out a new background for Lordless. The finished piece will be featured in Sven’s main story.

Darkenmarr is working on some of our sprites, even sketching some of the spin-off characters. We hope to be able to show those off soon!

Geoff has reworked the last song we asked him to do, and it sounds great! With that one finished, he’s now moved on to working on our romantic song. We hope to have the recently finished song up on SoundCloud soon for everyone to hear.

And with that another update comes to a close. Again, I can not thank all of you enough for giving us a shot and getting us to 100%! Backers be on the lookout for a post within the week showing off 2 new backgrounds, WIP images, and an early peek at our newest song, “Septima Impetus.”

Chibi Subaru
Regular

Re: A Very Important Date [GXB|GxG|BxB][Fantasy] KS Backed 1

#73 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Hello everyone,

If you wonderful people have not yet heard, we’ve hit 104% on our second Kickstarter attempt!

But this isn’t the end of our Kickstarter adventure! We have 11 days left on our new campaign and we have seven stretch goals to aim for. The first of these stretch goals is to have a Boys Love side story attached to A Very Important Date’s main game. This will be a three to four chapters short story that will feature our main game’s cast. If this goal is reached, any backer at a $30+ tier will get this side story for free! (If you do not want this side story, it could be traded for a future side story instead.)

We would also like to let our previous backers know that we are going to do a Facebook live stream for our second Kickstarter backers on Thursday. Access to the live stream group starts at only $15! We hope to see you all there!

Along with this, in our newest Backer Only post on the second Kickstarter and Facebook, we have posted our recent completed song by Geoff Moore, two new backgrounds, and WIPs of two characters for our Spin-Off visual novel.

All of our previous backers who have returned to back us once again, we thank you so much for your continued support! For previous backers that have yet to follow us over there, time is running out! Please consider pledging to our second Kickstarter so we can meet our stretch goals! Remember our rewards start at just $1.

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#74 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Hello, everyone!

Today we’re happy to show off concept sketches of two characters from the Spin-Off visual novel: Dem, our male lead, and Caelius, one of our male suitors!

First up is Dem, our male lead for the Spin-off game. I didn’t really have a design idea for Dem to give to Darkenmarr other than the color of his hair and eyes. She thought that we need someone with shorter hair as the rest of the guys either had long/shoulder length hair. She came up with six designs for the hair and unanimously Justin, Darkenmarr, and I decided on the image below.
Next is Caelius, one of the suitors for the Spin-off game. We had some ideas for Caelius, but we allowed Darkenmarr some freedoms with it. For those that didn’t know, Caelius is supposed to represent the Unicorn in the second Alice books, so we decided to go with flowy, long hair for him and he has a birthmark on his forehead.
We hope to have sketches soon of Layton, our black male suitor, and Lily, our male-to-female transgender suitor.

You can see more about our spin-off visual novel on our Kickstarter along with other concept art as a backer.

Here at Naive Sprites, we are always happy to see more indie visual novel dev teams coming into the field. It especially makes us happy when they’re from the same state as us!
Sifting Thyme, from the small developer Nochi Games, is an otome/boys love visual novel that needs your help on Kickstarter! Let’s make sure they reach their goal!

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#75 Post by Chibi Subaru »

My otome/visual novel team is doing a Kickstarter Live on tomorrow at 8PM EDT. We'll be answering questions and showing off some of the physical add-on rewards.

Noelle and Justin will be answering questions. We plan to have some of our team members on-call to help answer questions.