Cinderella Phenomenon [GxB/Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TanysiaCelina

Re: Cinderella Phenomenon [GxB/Free]

#46 Post by TanysiaCelina »

1. What do you think of the plot?
I like the way how much fantasy you use for the main charachter. I loved how she changed so much. From a cold-hearted person to a good person.
2. Which route did you liked the most and why? I liked Wratz a lot he is really cute and I admire him so much. He really does love her and I like that.
3. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback? I don't have any questions. I really love the game

sumia

#47 Post by sumia »

I made an account just so I could post a comment here. I really loved CP! I thought it was a fantastic game, even compared to a lot of the paid otomes that I've played. I loved it so much, in fact, that I did nothing yesterday and today just so I could finish it.

I think my favorite route would have to be a tie between Rod and Waltz. I usually like characters based off of first impression and I was right. Rod was my favorite out of the three unlocked routes, and Waltz was my favorite overall.

Rod
I didn't expect to tie him for first place. Maybe it was because his route was the first that I played so everything that happened was a surprise to me and I could feel myself slowly grow to care about all the characters? I mean, I also love tsunderes!! He was so shy and cute. I can't really pinpoint the specific scenes I enjoyed or reasons why I liked his route as much as I did, since I did play through his route first and my memory's foggy. But after playing it, it left me feeling really fluffy and warm inside. ..well the ending was a little bittersweet. I'm just waiting for the fandisk on that one.
Karma and Rumpel
Grouping them together because I didn't really like either of them that much. It was probably because I was just so excited to play Fritz and Waltz's routes. Karma was my preferred of the two, but the route didn't really leave me with a strong impression of any sort. Karma kind of frustrated me with the whole "I loved a woman before you and she hurt me" and then acting cold towards Lucette. When I play otomes, I find it more romantic if the bachelor has pinned after only the heroine, but that's a personal preference. This is also why I really didn't enjoy Rumpel's route. Of course, an old love interest was relevant in Rod's route too, but I was more okay with it since I liked Rod's character. Rumpel on the other hand...
I didn't like his character design. Compared to everyone else, his stood out, and not in a good way. His design looks too.. modern? Different? Even though I love glasses, I really didn't like those red frames on him. But that's just me. I also don't really like the hopelessly selfless type and I sympathized with Bria more than I would have liked. Overall, I can't say that I HATED Rumpel, but he's definitely my least favorite of the bunch.
Fritz
I decided to save his route for last because after I finished the three unlocked routes I was just too impatient to keep my hands off Waltz lol.. BAD IDEA. The ending was so tragic and I don't feel so good now. I feel kind of neutral about the romance that happened in this route, but the story in this route definitely moved me the most when everyone started dying...
I feel like Fritz was a side character to Varg, but I actually didn't come to care for Varg that much unlike a lot of other readers. He just established himself as too much of a bad dude in the earlier routes, and when he kissed Lucette out of the blue I was kind of like ?_? Up to that point I had no idea either of them felt positive emotions towards each other. Maybe I'm just oblivious lol. I love the dedication and love that Fritz shows towards Lucette though, you can really picture them living happily ever after.
WALTZ!!
HE'S SO CUTE I LOVE HIM. The moment I was introduced to all the bachelors, I knew that I wanted to go for Waltz right away. Even when he showed up in the other routes,
he was so kind and selfless when it came to Lucette. It surprised me that him and Lucette were childhood friends, but it was a pleasant one, since I'm a fan of the childhood friend trope.
His route is tied with Rod's though because it lacked it romance and more character development (on his part, there was plenty of development for Lucette), while Rod's route was full of that. There was nothing he did at the end that he wouldn't have done at the beginning, if that makes sense. To be honest, since I'm a sucker for the whole childhood friend thing they had going on, I was hoping that there would be more memories of them together as kids triggered for Lucette. Or maybe instead of having Waltz tell her stuff like "Hey, I'm buying you this candy apple because I said I would WHEN WE WERE KIDS" and "I'm taking you around town because I said I would WHEN WE WERE KIDS", it could have been handled as a big revelation for Lucette near the climax of the story? Maybe Waltz gets injured or something and she remembers all the promises idk I'm kind of pulling stuff out of my ass. But yea. Their romance and past came as kind of ham-fisted for me. I still really enjoyed it overall, and I'm happy that Waltz was the main route! It was a nice way to tie the whole story to an end (or would have.. if I was patient enough to play Fritz's story before his lol)
As for critiques and feedback:

I feel like there's a big disparity between some of the sprites and CGs. I really really liked how Lucette was drawn in all the sprites and I can definitely tell the effort that went into her artwork. But some other characters and CGs looked a little awkward? After finishing the game, I feel like I'm still left wanting more. If you guys decide to make a paid game with a longer, more developed story, I would 100% support it. I can't wait for the fandisk to come out, but I'll check out Locked Hearts while I do!

Alia
Regular

#48 Post by Alia »

Longer response later after I replay everything, but for now:

Whee, found an Easter egg! Mythros has Deon's neckcloth! (Deon from "Locked Heart.")

Hildegard

#49 Post by Hildegard »

Actually, I've registered here only to comment on your game as well as the player above. CINDERELLA PHENOMENON IS INCREDIBLE. And it's not just simply awesome, it is truly one of my favourite visual novels now. I still remember how excited I was playing the Locked Heart, but this game touched me even more. Everything is amazing!

Now to specify:

Aww, I can't express how I much I love it, honestly. Though, of course, all routes share one plot, a specific part of it is showed in its own unique way in each route. I really like the maturity of the story and that the plot focused on such interested and complicated topics like
child abuse (I think it's indeed the case with Hildyr and the heroine, right?), life with a step-family, public pressure, humanism
and so on. And what I enjoy the most that you went truly deep with each of these topics.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
I'd say I do not have the most favourite route since I found all of them very unique. But... Well, I do like Fritz route the most. However, I prefer to comment on each of it.

Rod.
He was my 4th bachelor to meet since I reeeeally didn't like him from the very beginning (I felt so much tension between him and the heroine that I just disliked him from the start :lol: ). Of course, you proved me that he's also an amazing character and I'm very thankful to you for that. I like a lot his tsundere outbursts :mrgreen: Suprisingly, even though I thought it would feel so wrong to date him, everything went pretty smoothly, and it was a big pleasure to watch this love/hate relationships. The same words go for Emelaigne - I don't really like such type of character and yet I felt sympathy for her and even Ophelia. And Sebby won my heart! I felt so bad to tell him he wasn't doing his job well T__T
Karma.
My first route to play! Karma looks too charming to leave him for later, so I just couldn't resist. I'd like to outline the "elegance" of this route, though I'm not sure how to explain what I mean. It's just... well, it feels that Karma is a nobleman in all senses. He has some spirit around him, and I'm not talking only about his appearance. It's something much more than that and it makes me like him a lot. I think even his curse is "elegant" :) Of course, I would love to say a special thanks for his appearance too - haven't seen anyone nearly as magnificent as Karma.
And it was so sweet to see Jurien and Garlan together at the end!
Rumpel.
As other players have already mentioned, he feels like the most human along other bachelors and, maybe, kind of an ordinary man you could meet on the streets. But this is exactly what makes him so special! Yes, his route lacks some magical or fairy feeling, yet it is the only one to show the idea of humanism so clearly. I'm so found of Rumpel just because he is against putting pressure on people, giving them commands and trying to act too manly just to show off. It was also very interesting to learn about Bria and her whole situation with Rumpel. The idea of showing many aspects of the side characters is brilliant!
Fritz.
OH MY GOD. You know what I've been doing during playing his route. Crying&crying&crying&crying. I remember just a few VNs that did this to me. Nevertheless, it is my favourite route since I think it is the most realistic one. And, finally, I could see the relationships of Hildyr and her fairest one.
First of all, it was so unexpected and pretty uncomfortable to act outside of Marchen from the very beginning. All these things with escape from the tavern, suddenly meeting Fritz and doubting Alcaster in his own house didn't put me at ease. Then I was so happy when Delora showed up! In my opinion, the relationships between her and heroine are shown the best way ever comparing to other routes. I almost cried when princess curled up in bed with doll-sized Delora. Then I actually cried when I learnt about her daughter and, well, you can imagine what happened to me after I saw her dying.
And here I discovered Hildyr for the first time. I was kind of prepared how she might act since she was long way broken even before giving birth to heroine, but never expected this much. Don't want to think what Hildyr was through during the genocide of her own kind, taking into consideration she could feel every death of her witch. And I don't want to blame her for everything she did to Angielle, to the father of Genaro and Genaro himself. Of course, Hildyr can never return to who she was in the beginning. I doubt that Parfait would if all of that happened to fairies. And I really like how you displayed Hildyr raising her child - I thought so much about how parents become broken and then, giving up their hopes, teach their children how terrible is the world they live even though they, parents, can truly love their dearest ones. Same with Hildyr. I like to think she still loves Lucette more than anyone in this world and she really feels she's saving her daughter from all the suffering, pain and hurt Huldyr faced herself. And one more thing - could it be that the Queen is still afraid to be left all alone with only traitors around her? Is it why she didn't kill Lucette though her daughter was clearly against her?
Overall, I'm glad that you showed that even if the heroine loved her mother so much, she opposed her. You know, it has so much to do with the real life issues that it made me cry too.
And yet, returning to Great War I can't help but feel curious about this genocide - couldn't fairies somehow shelter witches or help them? Couldn't Genaro as a prince (since he's like kind to everyone and doesn't want anyone to suffer) at least try to act against his father? And it doesn't sound very convincing that a simple fairytale could turn all people against witches - the ones that are much more powerful thanks to their magic. I tried to think of something like a curse spreading with these fairytales that actually made people kill witches - maybe the author (I know he than tried to reverse the effect of his stories, but, well, my theory is only a theory) or some other villain did it. It's easier for me personally to explain the genocide this way, but maybe you will highlight this in FD.
Finally, about Fritz and Varg! I know many players said they lack the interactions of these bachelors with the heroine, but for me everything was fine. I kind of took it for granted that Fritz loved her for several years already and I could feel it in other routes, indeed. "Loyal knights in shining armour" aren't actually my type, but he looked so pure and kind to her, though he was the only one near Lucetter during her hardest years. Honestly don't want to imagine how grim, stern and depressed she was with him that time. And yet he found so many things about her to adore! The thought of that really made my heart melt. At the same time, Varg warns us about the darker side of Fritz he hides. I'd like to know more about it as well as other players, so I'll definitely wait for FD! What I'd like to say about Varg is nothing new - yeah, I like the Big Bad Wolf since he has much more courage than Fritz does. He does not deny his feelings for princess, moreover, he opened up to her so early it made me jump! I respect him for that since he knew there's not so much time left. And I felt incredibly sad when he just... vanished. I truly wanted him to fight with Fritz for Lucette's affection. Anyway, it fits the plot and, concerning the curcumstances, doesn't feel wrong in the end.
By the way, now I associate the "Dark Percussions" ost with Varg and his cane only. Awesome combination.
To sum up, Fritz/Varg route revealed so much about relationships of the heroine with others that it really made me love it. I still like to think this is the true route of this VN because it felt overly realistic to me.
Waltz.
I've always had a special interest in Peter Pan tale, so I was eager to learn about Waltz route. It was a suprise for me that he not only new Lucette, but befrended her a long time ago. For some reason I thought that if Mythros was Hildyr's apprentice and didn't come close to heroine ever, so did Waltz. It was bittersweet to see his face at the start when he tried to teach the princess about goodness. As if he's fighting with his feelings every moment. One of the nicest part of the game was to learn it's actually Lucette who teached Waltz sewing, and after all these years he's still doing it as it is something so greatly intimate to him. The other nice part was to see the heroine buying that teddy bear for a little girl. It almost made me cry when I remembered Lucette so desperate to have a little sign from the king that he loves her. And this is the only route I started to somehow like Genaro. His actions are pretty understandable as he was so much threatened by Hildyr, however, he could truly care more about his daughter when the Queen was defeated.
Side characters!

Mythros:
I didn't care a lot about him in the beginning, but then I unexpectedly started to like him. What made him so obsessed with his teacher? Were his parents killed by humans as he clearly dislikes them? How could he act around Lucette if there was no chance for Queen to be brought back to life from the start? Now I feel like I'd love to see him as one of Lucette's bachelors teaching her magic and so on. Yes, I agree it's a crazy idea :lol:
Emelaigne and Ophelia:
as I already mentioned I didn't really liked them at first, but Rod and Waltz routes made me understand them better. I'm very impressed with your ability to change opinions of people in almost no time!
Delora and Parfait:
to be honest, I like Delora more since I've seen her in Fritz route. The comparison of the heroine with Delora's murdered daughter made my heart ache. However, it doesn't mean I don't like Parfait. She was always so sweet and tried to put thing nicely for the princess. I was sad when she died both in Rumpel, Fritz and Waltz routes.
3. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?

I have some questions concerning the genocide of witches as it went to smoothly for me.
Also the other thing is about destroying the Cristalls - why it turned to be only about magic disappearing, not like the world itself since the Cristalls maintaned the balance of good and evil?
No critiques at all! Magnificent work! When I just saw the art I remembered the Locked Heart in a second and was already ready to download. I never imagined this story to be so awesome in all aspects: art, music, plot, characters! No wonder it took you a year to accomplish that. It'll be sad if we have to wait for so long for the other peace of art to be made, but I'm ready to wait. Your works are always worth it.

Thank you so much!

Meyismyname
Projects: Unplanned Amour, Last Stanza

#50 Post by Meyismyname »

Some day I am going to write a very long post answering your questions and talking about how much I love this game and how it is one of my favorite visual novels of all time and how amazing it is and omg it's FREE. But I'm lazy, so that time is not going to be right now lol. But I just had to post something because this game made me feel so many feels and it's so well written and all the characters are great and the art is all beautiful and aaaaah! I just love it so much?

TellerFarsight
Veteran
Projects: Vora, Secrets Untold

#51 Post by TellerFarsight »

I stumbled upon this on Steam one day, and this is what got me into visual novels.
Current Project: Vora
Also Check Out: Devil Survivor [Reverse-Engineered]

ryhadela

#52 Post by ryhadela »

I have only play both Rod's rutes and all I can say is... this vn is truly amazing!
It's too good to be true you made this game free. I deeply appreciate this team to make such a remarkable game.
I will post again after finishing another rutes.

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#53 Post by MomoiroGirl »

This looks utterly AMAZING! Just started downloading it on Steam, I will probably get to it this weekend! Right off the bat, the art is absolutely gorgeous, and I already like the main character! :D

adabella100

#54 Post by adabella100 »

Someone help me break the curse please!I had been planning to take a break for a week after reading one of the routes, but oh, well, the Varg inside me wouldn't let me, so i just did as he ordered:One route per day(Actually i had planned to, but its the 2nd day and i've already finished 3 of them and now i'm starting the forth):))
Cinderella Phenomenon is outstanding from each angle;even for someone like me who was so deeply in love with The thing with Mistletoes,Witch spell and of course, "Locked Heart" who wouldn't think there could be any more interesting VNs could be published.
I must congratulate you with your hard work.And i would always wish to meet the script writer ^^
Last edited by adabella100 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KrystalFlare

#55 Post by KrystalFlare »

Well, this is only the third or fourth game I’ve ever actually reviewed on this website. It’s not every day that I come across a VN which leaves such a strong impression on me that I simply cannot stop playing it. But gosh this game was SO GOOD!!! And the fact that it's of stellar quality, while still being a free game, honestly puts to shame a lot of commercial VNs out there. But, like with the last game I reviewed here, I’ll start by apologizing if it’s too long or if I ramble on too much. So with that said, let’s get right into it, shall we?

Story & Writing:
As I often like to mention, this is the main reason I play VNs – I enjoy reading a good story. As a wannabe writer, I always find myself being very picky about what I read and the fact that I don’t have a lot of free time on my hands has also made me very strict over the years, when choosing which stories to dedicate my free time to. I

Your story was a very refreshing and interesting take on the fairytales we all grew up with. And you managed to create such a realistic world, where the reader can easily suspend their disbelief and actually feel like these kinds of things could happen, like they’re more than just fantasy. I was utterly drawn in by the wonderful writing and the refreshing personality of the heroine. I only noticed you had suggested a playthrough order AFTER playing all the routes, so I may have spoiled some things for myself by playing them in the order I did.

Regardless, the story was very, very entertaining and entirely believable which I find, more often than not, to be a very important aspect. The characters were very flawed and had so many layers to them that they always felt like real people, like I was getting a peek into the lives of actual people. And the concept was so good, it actually inspired me to try my hand at a small tribute to your wonderful work, in the form of writing a fanfiction. For now it’s barely in its incipient phase, but if you feel you’d enjoy it as my way to honor your hard work, do let me know and I’ll make sure to notify you when I actually have more than a few pages to show. Again, this is not something that happens often... in all my years of playing VNs and otome games, only about four or five games have dug their way so deeply into my heart that I would consider giving a tribute to the developers in the one form of art I know best – writing.

But I’ll go into more detail when reviewing each particular route, which I will put in spoilers. I tried to keep this starting section as shallow as possible to avoid ruining any plot points for people who have yet to try this rare gem.

Characters:
Lucette (MC):
Oh my God, could you have done any better with the MC? I doubt it, because Lucette was PERFECT! She was the perfect blend of a sassy bitch and a sheltered princess who has no idea of the world outside her home, as well as a victim of brainwashing. And I wholeheartedly LOVE her for it! Her evolution in each route was incredibly written and I never once felt like it was rushed or shallow... every time she actually changed to some degree, it was meaningful and it happened as naturally as you would expect it to happen if she were a real person.

I never once felt like she was just a character in a game... she felt so real and I was able to empathize with her so deeply, despite generally hating characters with her kind of grating personality. And the fact that she was so fragile that she needed Prince Charming to save her, and yet by the end she became so well rounded and powerful that she could take care of herself, was a nice change of pace from the usual girly-girl princesses of the original fairytales. So kudos to you and your team – you have done an outstanding job with her!
The moment I saw him I just knew I had to have him xD Being a child of the 90s I grew up with 90s anime, among them YuYu Hakusho where one of the main characters was a redhead with green eyes, whose name was Kurama (coincidence or fate? xD). So the moment I saw Karma my incredible weakness for green eyed redheads came back with a vengeance and I just knew I had to play his route first. Not to mention his “symbol” is a rose, which is exactly the same as Kurama’s. I have no idea if that’s where you got your inspiration for Karma’s character, but all the similarities tickled my fancy to no end.

It was a very interesting idea to have Karma be both the Beauty and the Beast... to be honest, for the longest time I didn’t even realize that was the story he represented. Instead, with the whole night/day balance it made me think of a Greek legend about Eros and for most of Karma’s route I actually believed that was where you got your inspiration. Only when he actually turned into the Beast did I finally slap my forehead and go “Oooohhhhh how did I not notice that?” xD
Rod:
The Little Mermaid was possibly my most favorite fairytale to grow up with... well, the Disney version at least. I only found the actual version of the story belonging to H.C. Andersen when I was around 16 or so. And while – like everyone else in the world – I prefer the happily ever after endings, I’m glad it was at that age when I first read the original story because I was old enough to appreciate it properly. Had I been any younger, I probably would have hated it because of that bittersweet ending. But being older it really helped me notice the very deep and mature ideas it forces the reader to ponder – like what is a soul or how much would you sacrifice for the one you love, just to name a few.

But I digress... I was sincerely hoping (from the moment I realized what story Rod was representing) that you would find a way to incorporate elements from the original fairytale rather than just the happy-go-lucky Disney animation. And you certainly didn’t disappoint, Rod’s route may actually be my most favorite one – maybe even higher on my ranking list than Karma’s route. To be honest, I still haven’t been able to bring myself to try and get his Bad End, simply because he’s so dear to me that I’m afraid it’s going to shatter my heart (even though I love it when a VN is good enough to make me cry).
Waltz:
Who doesn’t love Peter Pan? I’m pretty sure we’ve all had moments when we wished we were kids again, without a care in the world. Now Waltz was the third route I played, and (as I didn’t notice you’d already suggested an order) I think I spoiled some plot points for myself ahead of time. I did realize, around chapter three or so, that Waltz’s route may in fact be the true route as it happens with most VNs that are this rich in lore and written so in detail.

But Waltz is just a delight to have around. And while I did feel slightly awkward for most of his route (because I felt like I was trying to romance my little brother xD) by the end I was so engrossed in what was happening that I was left yearning for so much more even though I got his Good End. He definitely earned his third place in my ranking scale for this game... actually, since Karma and Rod more or less share first place, I suppose Waltz would be second best :wink:
Fritz:
And with Fritz we get into my least favorite bachelors in the game. Fritz put me off very early on, because of the first scene at his house where he basically put Lucette under house arrest. I don’t like feeling forced to do something, so him doing that to her – to me basically, since by that point I’d already empathized so much with Lucette that it felt like I was actually the one living all those things – just completely ruined it for me.

Sadly from that point on his route just didn’t make me connect with the story properly, like I did with the first three bachelors. To be fair, he was somewhat annoying for me as well – like that awkward friend who’s too cowardly to confess his feelings and instead acts like a bumbling fool all the time. It got to the point where I actually loved Varg way more than Fritz himself. Every single time Varg showed up it was the highlight of this route for me, even though he was supposedly the bad guy and I was supposed to root for Fritz getting rid of him... but Fritz himself was so grating on my nerves that I ended up rooting for Varg instead, even in the Good End.
Rumpel:
The reason I left Rumpel last was because I don’t really enjoy characters like him. Most of the time, while his type of character is intended to provide comic relief, I just find that kind of incessant flirting to be cringeworthy (if I was supposed to feel like that, then you did a wonderful job xD). Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy cheesy stuff as well, but not when it’s delivered the way Rumpel did. I much prefer guys like Karma spouting out cheesy romantic nothings, or compliments... for some reason they don’t make me cringe and I just feel like it’s what they’re supposed to do.

Rumpel, I felt, was a bit of a wrench thrown into the whole story and into this glamorous world of royalty and magic and fairies. He just seemed a bit out of place and I never was able to really get into his route. As a result, my inability to sympathize with him also made me feel like the romance on his route was awkward at best.
Parfait and Delora:
Can I please have these two as my moms? They were SO lovely and endearing that I was looking forward to any and all scenes involving them, on each route. Parfait dying was just the WORST thing ever... I don’t think I’ve ever cried so much when a secondary character died in a VN (something which happens very rarely in and of itself). And even Delora’s almost-death got me all teary eyed, because I loved her so much by then.

It’s very rare that secondary characters get this much depth in a VN, and I’m really happy you took the time to develop them and have them actually provide support to Lucette in her growth.
Side characters:
Usually I don’t comment on the side characters, because they’re never developed enough for me to be able to connect with them on more than a shallow level. But in this game all the side characters were so well incorporated into the story, that I just HAD to empathize with them.

The King and his wife, as well as Emelaigne were just delightful. And Genaro’s scenes where he and Lucette make amends and rediscover their father-daughter relationship actually brought me to tears. As a girl who’s always had trouble connecting with her father, I was completely engrossed in those scenes and they’ll always hold a special place in my heart.

Even Hildyr, as the main antagonist, was incredibly well written. While she wasn’t physically involved in most of the game, her presence just felt so real and so suffocating (in a good way). It always felt like she was right behind Lucette, just waiting for the right moment to snatch her away. And as a fan of the horror genre, I love that claustrophobic feeling that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand. Hildyr made me feel that way even while everyone said that she was dead, and I loved every second of it. It made it all the more terrifying when she actually returned and showed herself again.
Art:
Gosh I don’t think I have the words to describe how beautiful and amazing and soul soothing the art in this game is. The backgrounds, the sprites, the CGs... everything was simply so detailed and painfully beautiful to look at. Your artist deserves all the praise in the world, they’re insanely talented and I hope to see much more of their work in the future.

Music & Sound:
As with the art, everything was perfect. Every song fit wonderfully with the scene it was playing for, and it only served to engross me even further into what was happening at the time. I’ve had the chance to play games where either the music was good but poorly timed, or the music was just bad, so I know how important music and sound is to creating that immersive atmosphere. For this game, I’m happy to say both the soundtrack and the SFX were perfectly chosen and perfectly timed... and they evoked the right feelings I was supposed to feel during one scene or another. So again, wonderful job on this front as well!

I feel like I have more things to say, but I’ll leave it at this for now. I think I’ve wasted more than enough of your time with my ramblings, so I’ll just leave it at this: this game is indeed a rare and precious gem, one that I will remember and hold dear for years to come.
No matter how many times you fall
always stand and keep fighting until the end

♪♥~¤~♥♪~¤~♪♥~¤~♥♪

ilyilaice
Regular
Completed: Flights of Fancy, Limbokin, Loveless on Lockdown, Aria at the Funeraria, Pusoy Dos, Jester Under Pressure, Dabbling in Drama, Iridescent Descent, Spirits of Limbo, Serial Killers Anonymous
Organization: Orca Martian Games
Tumblr: hurtinghabits
Deviantart: ilyilaice
itch: ilyilaice
Discord: ilyilaice

#56 Post by ilyilaice »

Finally finished playing this game, and I just want to share a few thoughts I've had about it. I doubt I'll say anything your other fans haven't said before, but I still think I owe it to your team for creating such a solid otome experience. The story is top-notch, obviously painstakingly planned, and the music just killed me. The menu music especially - I could listen to it replay for hours (which I'm ashamed to admit I actually did).

I have also played Locked Heart in the past, and while I was extremely impressed with how polished it was, it didn't have any lasting effect on me. Cinderella Phenomenon was a HUGE step forward. Be still my heart, be dry my copious tears. ;___;

Ranking of routes, in terms of enjoyment: Karma > Fritz > Rod > Waltz >>>>> Rumpel

Rod:
I enjoyed this route a lot because I loved Lucette's interactions with her stepfamily. I also liked how different the setup was, with the whole maid outfit and all. It was the perfect riches-to-rags-to-riches story, and for this it was the most fairytale-like of all the routes. The otome of all otomes. Em and Ophelia are such sweetie pies, and as this is the only route I can hang out with them at length, it will always be special to me.

That said, I couldn't really see Rod as a romantic lead. Yes, he's a sweet kid with a heart of gold beneath his tsundere exterior, but he's still just a kid, or at least that's the vibe I get from him. He seems more plausible to me as an adorable little brother with a slight sister complex for both Em and Lucette. Lucette just seems waaaaay too mature and smart for him. Lucette is as complex a heroine as you can get. I love her, and I want the very best for her, and I believe she can do so much better than her stepbrother. It's sad that she has to hide her relationship when there are tons of other hot bachelors out there who have a lot of love to give, if Lucette just bothered to get to know them. I really, really like Rod in terms of both physical appearance and personality - the blond-haired, blue/green-eyed aloof types are generally the ones I go weak for - but I simply don't think Rod is a suitable guy for Lucette. But wait a minute, aren't royal families in general a little less iffy about incestuous relationships? Cousins do marry, at least in the other high fantasy stories I've read. Rod and Lucette are not even blood relatives. Well, I don't know how their family laws work.
I can't even explain WHY I loved Karma as much as I did. Of course, he's obviously the most gorgeous guy among the bachelors, but there's just something about his arrogant expression - both as his "manly" self and as his crossdressing self - that makes him seem like a total dom. Me likey. I loved how he and Lucette had the most in common, and how their interactions had the most chemistry by far. No one else in the game compares on that front alone. I swooned at their last CG on top of the bed. I loved how his and Rod's curses were the most complex and the most difficult to break. Of course, we find out later that there is so much more to this story than breaking the curse and ~true love~ but that doesn't change the fact that I think Karma/Klaude is hilarious and feisty and somehow clashingly perfect for Lucette. He's a total diva, but it just WORKS. It's probably just how the story was written, and how carefully it unfolded, but I was 110% SOLD on this route. Fritz's death was sad, but it seemed to come out of nowhere since he was absent from most of it.
Rumpel:
I don't have much to say about this route except it's the weakest one for me, both in terms of story and in terms of the bachelor's likeability. Rumpel's personality when we first meet him is annoying as hell, and he gets slightly less annoying as time goes on, but I still can't see what Lucette sees in him. He's like a comedic sidekick who is suddenly, and awkwardly, shoved into the spotlight as a romantic lead. I didn't really buy it. It irked me that my beloved Karma was being portrayed in such a harsh light in this route. It's awesome that Rumpel is an altruistic doctor and all, but this life-or-death job didn't seem to suit his frivolous personality. I hope he can someday pursue his profession without going bankrupt from sheer selflessness. This guy clearly needs a life coach to tone it down. Also, his curse is solved fairly easily, and all I could think was: so what now? Where do we go from here? His route didn't feel as cohesive to me as the others did. I also think he is the least visually appealing. He's cuter without his glasses, but his hairstyle seems a tad rockstar to me, which is just odd considering his personality. His entire existence feels ... anachronistic.
Fritz:
Like Rod's route, I enjoyed the fresh setup of his route since it doesn't take place within the Marchen. I felt like this was the darkest route since Hildyr had the most power. Her resurrection shocked me. It's a good thing I wasn't looking at the side-characters list too closely, so I felt the full impact and horror of her return, which in retrospect made perfect sense since neither Mythros nor Alcaster felt like the Final Boss. The deaths in this route were all uniquely heartbreaking, even more so than in Waltz's route, since I could see where that was going - the king and Hildyr both had to die for the story's sake, so that Lucette could inherit the crown.

Delora's death was the absolute worst. Let me take a minute here to talk about Delora, since it's in this route that her character is most explored. DELORA IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER OF THE ENTIRE GAME. PERIOD. NO ONE COMES CLOSE, NOT EVEN MY DEAR KARMA. I just love her to death. I admit that I secretly shipped Delora and Lucette. I just loved their interactions, the way they teased and razzed each other constantly. Man, I doubt anyone did more for Lucette than Delora did. I literally squealed when Lucette asked Delora to sleep with her (as a doll, but still!). Lucette literally cradled Delora to her chest, oh my Lord Jesus. That's canon as far as I'm concerned. So it was a little weird for me when I learned later than Delora sort of sees Lucette as a daughter, but hey, that's my own fault for shipping characters who will NEVER get together. Whatever, I'm sinking with this ship. You can imagine how I took Delora's death the hardest. I was like nooooooooo. And then Parfait had to die, to top it all off. I know Parfait dies in a lot of routes, but I still always wish I can save her. I love how she's delicate and always a little distant from Lucette, as if perhaps she's scared of caring as much for her as she cared for Hildyr.

Okay, now back to Fritz. It's probably obvious by now that while I liked a whole lot about his route, Fritz wasn't the biggest reason for it. I think he's a nice guy, but his personality isn't explored enough. His curse is the simplest, like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and besides, we spend so much more time with Varg. We know that Lucette has known Fritz for years, and we just have to take her word for it that he's the most loyal knight in the world. Okay. Fine. But it still felt wrong to me that Varg had to disappear. Yes, Varg is sexy as hell, but more importantly, he's a crucial part of Fritz's personality. So what, did Fritz lose the whole dark wolfish side of his personality? Okay, Fritz learns to control himself in the end, but it's problematic to me that the "happy ending" entails destroying that entire part of him. I wish I could have seen slight Varg-ish remnants in Fritz. He could have been more complex, more complete, but now we're just left with eternally good guy Fritz. I also would have liked to see Fritz fight Karma seriously. I'm curious about who's the better swordsman.
Waltz:
Like Fritz, Waltz is a loyal, overprotective, all-around nice guy, and there's not much else I can say about him. I hoped that his personality would be more cheeky and adventurous since he's a witch who does puppet shows for kids, but I didn't get any Peter Pan vibes from him at all, which would have been so cool. His relationship with Lucette is obviously canon - childhood friends, hence ~true love~ and eternal happiness. I'm sure their relationship will be the healthiest. Good for them. I thought for a moment though that Lucette would tell Waltz to continue living in the Marchen. The Marchen is his family and his home - how can she take him away from that when he's lost everything as a child? But true love > everything else, I guess???

This route did a great job of wrapping things up for all the characters and tying all the loose ends. Lucette grows the most here. I love how this is the only route where Lucette really connects with her father. But like Lucette, I still wished until the very end that Hildyr had a moment of redemption. But I could see why that would be impossible. It's sad but realistic. Hildyr is such a badass, by the way. She's a great villain. Waltz is supposedly the second strongest witch, but psh, he couldn't even beat Hildyr at her weakest.
One last thing. While I was playing this game over the course of several days, I wrote a little story that was sparked by my renewed appreciation of deconstructed fairy tales. You can say that it's at least obliquely inspired by your game (and by my secret ship among your characters). Thank you once again for sharing your wonderfully magical world with us. <3 <3 <3 Here it is, if you would like to read it: http://fav.me/dbfy163
Completed Games: Flights of Fancy (NaNoRenO 2019), Limbokin (NaNoRenO 2020), Loveless on Lockdown (NaNoRenO 2021), Aria at the Funeraria (Otome Jam 2021), Pusoy Dos (Spooktober 2021), Jester Under Pressure (NaNoRenO 2022), Dabbling in Drama (Otome Jam 2022), Iridescent Descent (Spooktober 2022), Spirits of Limbo (NaNoRenO 2023), Serial Killers Anonymous (Spooktober 2023). See them all here.

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi

#57 Post by Akemi-Takashi »

First of all, despite being months late with this comment, I would love to say congratulations to releasing another wonderful game! I loved how "Locked Heart" turned out and have deeply fallen in love with Cinderella Phenomenon! Due to this, Dicesuki has officially been rewarded a special place in my heart - technically unquestioning loyalty :D From here on out, whatever game may be released by Dicesuki, I feel like I'll play it in a heartbeat! (Although... it will take several of my heartbeats to finish the game XD Even more since my heart races fast with the characters)

What do I think? E. Enchanting, entrancing. EXCELLENT. I can state no more than my undying love and fascination with the story, with the interactions, with the characters, and with the character developments! The curses in itself are original. Especially Fritz's curse. The other curses seemed self-explanatory, but Fritz's curse was the most original. Additionally, I completely adored the fact that there were specific ways in order for each curse to be broken. I also loved the "antecedent action" prior to the game. I doubt I had EVER played a visual novel where the protagonist was an anti-hero, but Lucette was such a doll! So delicate, so cold, yet so beautiful. I may have been unable to connect much with her cold-heart, but from an objective point of view, Lucette stuck to who she was throughout all the routes (although, I haven't played the bad routes yet. It's so painful to pursue someone and NOT save them ;-;)
Although, there are some gaps here and there, but all in all, I'd express 10/10 for the plot. The plot was original and worked well in developing many things. Not only that, but I also adore the idea of having a specific play order so that the plot would gradually be able to unfold. Just fascinating!
I love visual novels with a distinct plot that plays throughout every route since it immerses me into a whole different world. It also boosts the "unique" factor. To only have visual novels that revolve around pursuing a guy... Well, it somehow just becomes dull. The only problem that needs to be solved would be hooking up in order to save them. I'm not against the relying factors of a relationship, but it doesn't exactly make things memorable. I liked the background, and I liked how the characters were introduced without making it seem like their introductions were forced.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
Honestly, I adored ALL the routes, but since some characters won over my heart more than another, I did end up having favourites.

Rod
In regards to the character himself, I think I agree with other players that he indeed tied with first place, or slightly beat another bachelor. Probably because the main plot wasn't completely involved in his route I ended up falling for his character more since his route was more based on the interactions between Lucette and him. I also loved the fact that Lucette was able to make amends with her step-family in this route. It was the central aspect here. I mean, my heart was breaking during the prologue because she wouldn't try giving any of them a chance. And, how funny, for Cinderella to have a step-family but instead of them not liking her (except for Rod), she doesn't like them! What a wonderful twist! I also adore the love-hate relationship between Rod and Lucette XD The tension is suffocating – in a good way (as in, it made my heart race).
Then there's Sebby! Oh, bless this stuffed bunny! Sebby boosted the cuteness factor with this route (and I adore the font used. Suits Sebby a lot). If it weren't for Sebby, I feel like Rod wouldn't have the same... appeal, I guess. Not to say Rod isn't okay the way he is, but Sebby just added more depth into the route; like, this pure stuffed animal actual had a ROLE. Sebby wasn't just an accessory or something to add cuteness like some otome games, nor was it just there to voice Rod's... voice. Sebby had a distinct character that allowed Rod's route to advance. His existence was necessary. It was unique and it actually gave Rod an advantage compared to the Little Mermaid. At least he's able to voice what he wants to voice... and it's different from either making him learn sign language or writing down his thoughts.
Back to the familial relationship, this route focused a lot on that aspect. Her interactions with Emelaigne and Ophelia were heartwarming. They provide a great foil to Lucette and Hildyr. Ophelia cares about Emelaigne and encourages her to do better when she makes mistakes but Hildyr discourages Lucette when she makes mistakes. This highlighted Lucette's need to be loved and not forced to be the Ice Princess she is. I liked how that interaction sent a beam of light into her heart. Not just that, but Ophelia made her feel loved in a way that Hildyr was never able to express. Although, I'd like to mention that after reading Shakespeare's Hamlet before this, I was quite amazed to see the name "Ophelia" again. There's no great connection other than the name and status of the two characters. Additionally, I'd like to comment on the supportive nature of these two characters in the route. As of all I know in regards to the Good End, Emelaigne fully supported Lucette and Rod's relationship even after realizing the inevitable nature of the relationship. Instead of discouraging it, she went out of her way just so that the relationship could prosper. I also feel that Ophelia secretly wants it to happen, but it may give her conflicting feelings to have her children... Well, it's understandable why you'd implement this secret relationship because it would disturb certain players because of the "incestuous" nature. I, in general, do not mind since they're not blood-related.
An additional comment: I might agree that Rod may not exactly be the best partner for Lucette but more of a brother who'd exhibit a major sister complex. But... I also like his interactions with Lucette that I somewhat support a one-sided romance between the two... ahaha... Then again, considering Rod's self-sacrificing nature when it comes to his loved ones, I guess it works with Lucette too. I mean, Lucette "never" really had someone who would commit themselves to her that her happiness outweighed their own. She deserves someone who would do that for her. Guilty as charged, I somewhat wanted Rod to show some affection to Lucette again whenever I came across him again in another route XD I felt pain when it didn't come ;-; Haha. Just my selfishness.
Enough of character adoration, but I would say that starting with his route was the best suggestion because it made the player want to know MORE. Like, what did Mythros want from Lucette? What was the reason? I also loved the Little Mermaid since I was little, so I liked the adaptation in this game, just that, instead of legs, it was a title XD I also quickly caught onto the fact that there was another remedy to Rod's curse because the curse only required for the one he "loves" to love him back. I just didn't understand why the curse was laid upon him. Never thought it would be because he wanted to be his crush's "Prince Charming". I thought it would be to save her, but it would have been really similar to Rumpel. And this route felt less complicated in terms of death. It was the "death-free" route. Whenever I saw death, I would want to go back to this route because it felt like it would heal my pain! But... I wouldn't be able to interact with those in the Marchen as much ;-; The paaaiiin.
I really love Rod's hair and eyes, though! Like, they're very mystifying. Just like with Lucette, his eyes pop out when he blushes ><
I always wondered why his name was "Karma" and why he dressed up as a woman. Was it because his curse was placed on him because he did something bad? Like, "what comes around goes around" type of karma? To think it was an acronym for his real name, though. It was a genius idea! ... but also flabbergasting since his name is extremely long. For a person's full name to consist of at least three would be understandable (considering Lucette), but FIVE!? Plus, Llama too. It makes me wonder if it's some... "tradition". Anyways, I loved the interaction Karma first had with Rumpel. At least the player knows he isn't cross-dressing for fun... and to attract both genders. I honestly liked the idea of Beauty and the Beast in his route. Like, his appearance attracts all girls (except for the exceptions) so he thinks of such an ingenious idea to cross-dress in order to negate the effects! ... I slightly understand it, but also not. Haha. Like, I guess the females of the time were straight. However, the charm does not escape, so the curse hadn't been completely negated. I just thought that... during the night he was male and during the day he was female. I was so wrong. So... so wrong. Anyways, the way the curse developed seemed nostalgic. It seemed like I had already seen a similar development occur before: someone falls in love with this person but the person turns into a monster which eventually scares the someone away. I guess Karma having an anecdote about the experience was nice, but maybe it would have been more effective if he had met that girl again. His fears as well... are understandable. To fall in love... and be afraid to be hurt so they push the love away.
I'm also happy for Garlan and Jurien. I already had a feeling about the nature of their relationship, but it was cute to see this development! It also very well suits the route. The concept... the idea... it plays well with what the route wanted to establish.
Although, I did somewhat feel conflicted whenever Karma had his tantrums. Either I never caught on to it or not, I felt like the reason behind it lacked. Was it due to lack of sleep? Stress? I feel like it was both. Maybe because I played his route until around 4 or 5 in the morning that I had forgotten such details. I also did feel biased due to his egotistical personality, but that did help him cope with his curse, so I let it slide.
Another bias may be due to the fact that I'd have to redo his route in order to get his CGs since I believe I caused an error in the game that didn't allow it to save. However, due to this, I became very wary whenever I achieved a CG XD Whenever I got one, I'd save and check if it was saved. So, all good.
Edit: I replayed his route (good end) and I can slightly grasp that part of the reason he was angry from time-to-time was possibly due to the curse as well. So... the Beast somehow had its own personality... like the cold-hearted concept from the original tale.
Rumpel
Since I hadn't read the game descriptions of the characters, I could have sworn he had something to do with Rapunzel XD Anyways, Lucette in his route was a complete tsundere. To think that type attracted him makes me feel like he's a masochist. A... masochist... A doctor who's a masochist... That just seems very ironic to me haha. But it was very sweet for Lucette to buy that sick patient's medicine so that Rumpel wouldn't worry. Somehow, this trope reminds me of certain typical anime relationships, so it didn't exactly feel fresh ^^" However, it was definitely a shocker to find out he was a doctor! And a very selfless one at that! Plus, the way he got the curse really reflected the original story and it was interesting. For the twist to be that his identity would be forgotten instead of only him knowing who he is... It's interesting.
I love his personality and his devotion to want to change and his career. Honestly, after reading his selflessness with his career, it only motivated me. I want to be a doctor just like him that I feel like I'll use him as an inspiration for it! Just, no deals with witches to save someone. Honestly, out of all the bachelors, I feel like he's the one bachelor who really doesn't need the MC to help him. He doesn't really have much problems with love... nor does he have major problems other than his extreme selflessness that it turned into selfishness. All he needs is a companion who would understand that innate part of him. Otherwise, he doesn't really need a companion. He seems to fare easily well by himself. He's pretty independent. Although... considering the Good Ending involved him killing someone, that would really require him to need support. Then again, if he didn't involve himself with Lucette, it wouldn't have happened. ... He's still such an exemplary human-being nonetheless. I would say that his character was the most disconnected from Lucette, but it was nice for her to encounter a complete stranger. Like, there's barely any similarities between them and they had never talked prior to the events, so it was nice not to have some familiarity with this character.
I very much liked how his hair was designed. Every time I see his sprite, I'd just sit and... stare.
Fritz
Hoo, boi. This boi. That boi. Oh boi.
I never felt any suspicion from him at all. No, not until I saw Varg in Rod's route. However, even then I could feel Fritz's sincerity like he was completely disconnected from Varg. Him declining that he was cursed... it was sincere. Honestly, I should have known from the main screen that his curse revolved around Little Red Riding Hood, but I just couldn't see the connection. Where did it play in his curse? I mean, the double persona in one body kind of thing... I was quite familiar with the like already, but I never saw the connection until further into the route. I second-guessed and thought... maybe his curse was "Robin Hood" but instead of being virtuous at night, he was the villain at night. In all honesty, the connection was VERY original. The Hunter wants to protect Riding Hood while the Wolf is out to kill her (whether he likes it or not). And it was really obvious that Emelaigne had quite the crush on Fritz XD Just... I feel like there's someone better for Emelaigne with her gentle nature ^^"
I just felt like the development of Lucette's feelings in this route was never really clear. I mean, it's understandable that since she had only been surrounded by betrayals, she found solace in Fritz's sincerity towards her. He never complained or hated her. He expressed genuine care for her well-being and expressed a loyalty that is very rare nowadays. I just... wasn't able to really grasp what part of his life made it seem like he could sympathize with Lucette. Was it because he was technically a "good-for-nothing" and so people didn't like him - especially his father - since he was deemed "weak"? As such, he saw himself in Lucette? I mean, his undying loyalty is sweet. It had been expressed in other routes too. I just felt like their relationship was never really established properly. Was it because he unknowingly connected with her because he had a darkness in him that she also had?
Then there's Varg. I felt like his route was more invested in the plot than Lucette's relationship with Fritz. Like, Varg had been by her side more than Fritz in my opinion. Varg seemed to be more like the one who we were learning more about that I was rather drawn to know more about him than Fritz... Varg showed vulnerability that compelled me. Since Lucette is a straightforward girl who stays her ground, I felt that she could easily smash his mask (haha, such a nice way to play on this idea). I guess I did feel somewhat disappointed that Varg's feelings for her were only present because of Fritz. It was sweet of Varg to comply with what Lucette's heart desired. Lucette only really did see Fritz...
I did love Fritz's route nonetheless! Despite all what I had stated, it was the one route that brought me to the verge of tears! So many deaths... It was so heartbreaking! Which reminds me of Delora. This was the only route that emphasized Delora's character within the whole game. Delora never showed such vulnerability or care to Lucette but here. To think that she saw Lucette as a daughter because Hildyr, that evil witch, killed her own daughter because she had not complied to the Tenebrarum Bearer's wishes. Honestly never thought Delora was a mother that I somewhat shipped her with Lucette or Parfait hahahaha! Feels awkward. But I do support her being Lucette's older sister! But... then she died... and the hot chocolate became a symbol to Lucette. Just recalling it is really heart-wrenching...
Although I feel like I'll need to replay the route in order to grasp Lucette and Fritz's relationship, I loved the development of the plot and the added significance of characters such as Delora. It was painful to see Lucette believe everyone in the Tavern were traitors but it is only to be expected with her character. It is also understandable since this route was made just for the player to see what would happen if Lucette never did break her curse through three good deeds. But I never thought it had to bring such heartbreak... :cry:
Edit: I replayed three routes and I've come to realize just how much Fritz mattered to Lucette prior to the curse. For some reason, I feel like she already developed feelings for him but rather unknowingly... or she learned to cherish him as a friend. I mean, she had continuously taken notice of Fritz's presence... or rather, lack of presence. If I didn't know Waltz was the true route, I'd follow the possible trajectory that after she was brainwashed, there was some emptiness in her heart that couldn't be filled no matter how many dolls she received. She already forgot Waltz's existence. Alas, Fritz came around and presented her with a warmth nobody dared expressing towards her, and unbeknownst to her, Fritz had melted part of her ice cold heart. What she and Waltz had cannot be revived but she could start again with a newfound friendship with him. Fritz became her present. Something like that was what appeared in my mind. I still feel like that Varg could have had some potential to be a bachelor though, but since his sole purpose no longer exists... he must cease to exist since he's technically a discrepancy in that universe... you could say. Plus, on your part it would have been more than enough workload needed that it may have taken until next year to complete... Postponing future projects.
Waltz
Alright, finally down to the true route!
After playing his route and finding out their past relationship, I felt complete heartbreak. What if Waltz loved her even after being separated and cursed? Then seeing her with another guy in each route must have broken his heart! He was the one who instigated keeping the painful truth from Lucette when she had been cursed... It really must have been painful... And for her to forget him... Oh, the pain...! (Cue 707 feels)
I did, however, feel like Waltz being Lucette's anecdote did feel a bit lackluster. Maybe him revealing their past happening just once or twice... I mean, I do love childhood romances and such, but I didn't want their relationship to only evolve from what their past had. I guess I just didn't want to see Waltz so desperately clinging onto a past they currently couldn't return to. The backstory was really adorable though. "Little Star"... to allude to the fact that Delora sang that song when Lucette was cursed seems quite amusing. And I guess Waltz and Lucette's circumstances had switched. Waltz "turned" five years younger than Lucette. Plus, instead of Lucette saving Waltz from darkness, Waltz is saving Lucette from darkness.
I have to admit that Waltz is indeed the best person for Lucette as he had enlightened her of her strengths. Lucette did the same for him too. They're like a balance of light and dark. I mean, my favourite CG even incorporates that theme (the one with the light orbs <3). Although he does tend to be overly overprotective of Lucette which would dampen her strengths, it is understandable with his character. He had already lost his whole family, but to lose the one person who made him feel like he had a family for a second time... that's painful. Especially after reuniting with her after... maybe five years?
His route felt the most fulfilling in terms of a satisfying happily ever after. All the curses had been broken, the towns people possibly no longer hate witches but they most definitely don't hate Lucette anymore, Lucette found a family within her step-family, and she became a gracious Queen! To add to that, she has someone who would be there for her and support her: Waltz. I loved the scene where the towns people were handing her lilies! It was so heartwarming and I wanted to embrace Lucette because she was such a darling. No, not just that, but she finally was able to reconcile with her father. I had a feeling the secret birthday parties were indeed hosted by Genaro, but I never did understand what "M" meant XD But then... he died... freaking Hildyr. However, I do understand her circumstances. All she felt was pain because the humans who she once loved began to hurt her and the witches just because of a simple fairy tale. At first I thought she killed Hans, but never did I think it was the former king. And that last dream! There really was some kindness in Hildyr... I wish there was at least one way to help her, but I guess she was just completely corrupted after her first murder that there's no other way to save her.
Also, I was wondering about Varg and how Fritz was able to overpower him. Is it possible that after Mythros died, Varg disappeared? Or was Lucette able to dispel that curse?
This route also incorporated the most development in Lucette. I was continuously routing for her to buy that teddy bear for the sweet girl! Oh, and I loved the inner turmoil expressed within her. The jealousy that had been delayed and the epiphanies she never had until after she was cursed.
Anyways, Waltz's route was a satisfying conclusion! ... I'd wish to say but I'm yearning for more XD
So... In my opinion I felt that my favourite routes fall to this: Waltz = Rod > Rumpel = Karma = Fritz

3. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?
All in all, once again, I'd say 10/10! I loved how the game mechanics were implemented!
When I found out that after accomplishing a route - or I think the good ending (since I haven't done the bad ending yet) - the main screen changes with the addition of that character with their respective gem. I was AMAZED when I found out about that. The fact that you added instructions or "facts" about the game so that the player won't be lost was wise. I mean, it did give "Cinderella Phenomenon" the game vibe, but it was nice guidance. I never knew of certain keyboard shortcuts before. Then there goes the "Right Choice Indicator". I'm glad that it's there in order to guide the player with their choices. I mean, for those players who'd prefer to complete the Good End first (like me), it's an ideal installment as it doesn't just leave us wondering if we chose the right answer or not. Then again, some like surprises XD
Maybe it's just my computer, but the "Log" screen never worked for me so I had to rely on "Pg Up". I believe that's the only problem with that.
Also, I'm wishing you all the luck with the fan-disk! Sometime in the future, I'd love to find a way to at least buy it in order to support your future games, but as of my current circumstances, I am unable to. So, instead, I wish that your fan-disk will become a great success! huuuuu I still really want to know what happens after "happily ever after"
I do want to ask something, but it might seem very odd.
When Genaro mentions that he was put under a spell one "night" by Hildyr, was that night the supposed night that Lucette was conceived?
Anyways, I will forever look forward to your next games! I love you guys! I'm very grateful that you've made this game free too! Such quality... It's such a blessing that it's free.

Haha... sorry. This just turned out to be one huge essay ^^"
Last edited by Akemi-Takashi on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

acsh

#58 Post by acsh »

Uh, just throwing it out here ehehe I just can't get over Varg, man,,, so I kind of wrote fanfiction HAHA http://archiveofourown.org/works/11665698 if anyone else is a freak about Varg too,,woo boi,,,i really wanted this boi,,,,,someone screm about him w me...

MiracleCatZ
Projects: pawZ
Organization: MiracleCatZ

#59 Post by MiracleCatZ »

acsh wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:02 am Uh, just throwing it out here ehehe I just can't get over Varg, man,,, so I kind of wrote fanfiction HAHA http://archiveofourown.org/works/11665698 if anyone else is a freak about Varg too,,woo boi,,,i really wanted this boi,,,,,someone screm about him w me...
I'll totally check it out, I'm a big fan of him too!

acsh

#60 Post by acsh »

MiracleCatZ wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:57 pm
acsh wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:02 am Uh, just throwing it out here ehehe I just can't get over Varg, man,,, so I kind of wrote fanfiction HAHA http://archiveofourown.org/works/11665698 if anyone else is a freak about Varg too,,woo boi,,,i really wanted this boi,,,,,someone screm about him w me...
I'll totally check it out, I'm a big fan of him too!
tHANKs FOR CHECKING IT OUT HAHA. rip. honestly i hoped for a route for him since starting the game from Rod. I was so happy that we
DID get to romance him, but I wish his/ Fritz's route had been more...cohesive?
ANYWAY haha *clenches heart and soul* *crouches over* VARG.