SECOND CHANCE [GxB] - full free version is now out!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Aurora22
itch: aurora22

SECOND CHANCE [GxB] - full free version is now out!

#1 Post by Aurora22 »

„SECOND CHANCE” is a free visual novel (otome game) settled in a fantasy world full of magic.

You play as Aria - a girl who two years ago lost most of her memories in mysterious circumstances. This is a story of how her troubled past caught up with her and how she used this second chance she was given to change her former life... and maybe even find true love.

A full version of the game features:
- 4 romanceable characters (men);
- love triangles and lots of jealousy between characters;
- over a hundred choices for player to make strongly affecting the ending of the game;
- a few big plot twists;
- 11 different endings (both good and bad);
- you can make your protagonist whoever you want – a sassy flirt, a true lady, a sweet little angel or straight up evil and manipulative woman;
- lots of humor as well as more serious moments and difficult moral dilemmas;
- beautiful royalty-free music by Kevin MacLeod (http://www.incompetech.com);
- unique graphics (characters and backgrounds) made solely for this game;
- a game using a Ren'py engine.

You can get the full free version of the game here:

https://aurora22.itch.io/second-chance

Enjoy!
Attachments
PIC8.png
PIC5.png
PIC1.png
Cover.png

Kirlett
Regular

Re: SECOND CHANCE [GxB] - full free version is now out!

#2 Post by Kirlett »

OHMY this looks GOOD! Downloading now! ^^ Lots of jealousy, you shape MC's personality, fantasy... mmm COUNT ME IN!

Gotas

#3 Post by Gotas »

Wow, this game is amazing. Probably the best otome game I've ever played. I was only going to give this a try before bed, but instead I ended up staying up till 4:00 AM to play through the whole thing (and get a bad ending T_T). This is the first time that I've gone back and paid money for a game I could download for free, because you definitely deserve it for all the work and thought that went into this game. It was way longer and deeper than I expected.

What I really loved was that there weren't just a lot of choices, but there were a lot of meaningful choices, a lot of times where I really wasn't sure what to do. Some otome games have choices that are only thinly veiled proxies for "which guy do you want to date?", but Second Chance actually presents a number of interesting moral dilemmas, and then presents real consequences for how you respond to them. I also appreciated the intelligence of the plot. Pretty much any idea I had was suggested by the characters or offered as a choice. I never really had the frustrating feeling of wanting to do something that the game wouldn't give me as an option (which does happen sometimes, even in games with lots of choices).

I also loved the ways all the guys interacted, and had meaningful relationships with each other. I get annoyed with otome games where once you commit to a guys route, all the other characters basically vanish into the background, or where the only way to get the best ending for one guy is to be a jerk to all the others. Second Chance, however, continues to present you with meaningful opportunities to interact with all the guys, regardless of which route you're on, and you get to see the guys interact with each other, and your decisions can have a meaningful impact on people you're not trying to date. There was a wonderful plot going on besides the romance, and that made the whole experience a lot more exciting and interesting, a welcome difference from the typical visual novel.

In summary, this is an amazing game, the kind of visual novel I would want to create if I were ever motivated enough to create one, and I wanted to thank you for creating it. I recommend everyone to play this game. Just make sure you have some time to spare, because once you start, it can be hard to pull yourself away :)

Aurora22

#4 Post by Aurora22 »

Thanks a lot for your feedback and support Gotas! I deeply appreciate it and I'm glad you've enjoyed my first game :)

PS. I hope next time you'll get a good ending!

Decadenttia

#5 Post by Decadenttia »

I LOVED it!!
Started a couple of days ago and It got my interest since the very first moment.

Is full of different choices to pick, and they are wise ones!. The story is very nice and well written and it runs in a logical way. Has some touching moments awesome to play and enjoy.
As Gotas said before, at some moments I didn't know which way to pick or how to react because some decisions are really deep.

And I was also happy with the duration because was longer than I thought!

I didnt succed on nice end on the route i picked first but I had fun anyways and I couldn't wait in trying the other ones.
I had a crazy crush on Casimir but when the last guy appeared (dont wanna spoiler anyone) he really turned upside down my first resolution XD.

I enjoyed Second Chance so much and I'm sure I'm gonna keep enjoying it for looooooooooooooooooooooong time.
Thanks a lot for all your efforts on it, and CONGRATULATIONS. You created a very good game.

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#6 Post by ludeshka »

This was lots of fun.

I really liked the story, big twists and small character moments.

Like, when you tell Arantis
"Maybe I wouldn't mind being your girlfriend" and he's like "Maybe I wouldn't mind being your boyfriend". That was so funny, that they could both be so childish and immature, but you can tell they're both willing to be more, to grow for the other. I don't know, it was a jokey moment but it had warmth.
Or when Casimir asks
if Mirabel mentioned him before he died. I CAN'T MAKE MYSELF LIE TO HIM, but he needed to know? Needed that last little thing? He cares so much after all those years? He initially seemed a little bland, but the more I talked to him, the more I liked the guy.
Also,
Xander
is a treasure.

You did a really good job, I enjoyed it a lot, and will be waiting for your next project.
Last edited by ludeshka on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aurora22

#7 Post by Aurora22 »

Thank you guys for such positive reviews!

PS. Ludeshka - I think you meant "Xander", because I don't know who "Jasper" is :)

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#8 Post by ludeshka »

OMG, that was embarrasing. I fixed the original post.
"Jasper" is from 7 Kingdoms, the Princess Problem and he is also a treasure, but I here I did mean Xander.
I'm an old woman indeed for making these mistakes.
Your game was very enjoyable, really.

Aurora22

#9 Post by Aurora22 »

It's fine Ludeshka - no harm done! The only important thing is that you've enjoyed my game :)

bluebirdplays
Regular
Projects: A Flamingo Tale, Eyas
Tumblr: bluebirdplays

#10 Post by bluebirdplays »

Based on all the positive comments I think I'll have to check this one out! Does Second Chance have a playtime duration to expect? For achieving 1 ending to trying to get them all?

Aurora22

#11 Post by Aurora22 »

My game is rather long. I think the first playthrough should take you a few hours, but it's really hard to tell - it depends on how fast you read, how long it takes for you to decide which available option to choose, etc.

Look at it this way - if you don't like my game you can always stop playing it anytime you want, but if you do like it you may enjoy every additional hour :)

txqina
Regular

#12 Post by txqina »

Wow, what a story! And there were often interesting choices to make to get there.
By the end I was convinced the main character was going to die heroically, but got ending 4 instead.
Like Gotas said, I was looking at Casimir as a love interest - until I got to know Xander. But in the end, his "rough edges" lead to bad ending 4.

I will be trying another run through the game to see what happens next time. Thanks for creating it.

Aurora22

#13 Post by Aurora22 »

Thanks txqina, it was my pleasure to make this game for you guys.

I wish you a good ending next time you play (but it's nice to know people like my game even if they don't get it the first time :) ).

txqina
Regular

#14 Post by txqina »

Aurora22 wrote:Thanks txqina, it was my pleasure to make this game for you guys.

I wish you a good ending next time you play (but it's nice to know people like my game even if they don't get it the first time :) ).
After my last post I tried a few different variations following on from my late-game save prior to ending 4, but couldn't get ending 5 from there. So I finished up playing the whole game again and achieved it. Because of
the unexpectedly epic adventure within the game and how to permanently resolve it
I see ending 5 as a/the 'true' ending.

However are there any conventional romance endings where
the powerful crystal is neither destroyed nor used to make the victor all-powerful
? I would be prepared to play through again so see how those endings work out, although I might wait for a walkthrough guide because there are quite a lot of decision points in the game.

PS One minor mistake is that a line of dialogue at the Count's estate is labelled 'Aria' when it should be 'Arantis'.

Aurora22

#15 Post by Aurora22 »

My game has 11 possible endings (4 bad, 3 normal, 4 good). From comments under the game (https://aurora22.itch.io/second-chance) you can learn how to achieve each of them :)

Aurora22 wrote:PS One minor mistake is that a line of dialogue at the Count's estate is labelled 'Aria' when it should be 'Arantis'.
I found it, thanks! I will fix that in the future along with other mistakes.