Magical Warrior Diamond Heart [GxB/G/NB][DEMO] [KICKSTARTER LIVE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

Re: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart[Otome][Friendship] DEMO TI

#76 Post by Akitsuki »

Well... it seems like the topic has been quite for a while, so let me at least revive it a bit!

I found the downloaded demo in my folder and I realized I haven't played it yet. And guess what, I LOVE everything about it! The characters, the art, the storyline, the jokes. Man, I couldn't stop laughing! I grew up watching mahou shoujo anime and playing the demo really brings back good memories from that time. Not to mention your drawing style is really cute I couldn't help but staring at it!

I see there hasn't been any updates for several months, but I totally hope you can continue and definitely finish this one! Looking forward to it!!

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#77 Post by Rossfellow »

Akitsuki wrote:Well... it seems like the topic has been quite for a while, so let me at least revive it a bit!

I found the downloaded demo in my folder and I realized I haven't played it yet. And guess what, I LOVE everything about it! The characters, the art, the storyline, the jokes. Man, I couldn't stop laughing! I grew up watching mahou shoujo anime and playing the demo really brings back good memories from that time. Not to mention your drawing style is really cute I couldn't help but staring at it!

I see there hasn't been any updates for several months, but I totally hope you can continue and definitely finish this one! Looking forward to it!!
Based on her blog, I dont think this current version is being continued. Seems that the one-person production was a bit too heavy.

I do hope to see more when OP finds a team.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

#78 Post by Ghost #9 »

Rossfellow wrote:Based on her blog, I dont think this current version is being continued. Seems that the one-person production was a bit too heavy.

Is this the blog you're referring to: http://magicalwarriordiamondheart.com

If so, it looks to me like production is still moving along, though perhaps a bit slowly.
There were some posts several months back that seemed to indicate that the developer was having second thoughts, but everything before and after that contradicted the sentiment. I can't help wondering if even that was meant to be a joke.

I check out the MWDH development blog fairly often. If you want to see current updates, you should hop on over there. :3

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#79 Post by Rossfellow »

Ghost #9 wrote:
Rossfellow wrote:Based on her blog, I dont think this current version is being continued. Seems that the one-person production was a bit too heavy.

If so, it looks to me like production is still moving along, though perhaps a bit slowly.
There were some posts several months back that seemed to indicate that the developer was having second thoughts, but everything before and after that contradicted the sentiment. I can't help wondering if even that was meant to be a joke.

I check out the MWDH development blog fairly often. If you want to see current updates, you should hop on over there. :3
When I last checked it it seemed that Pyon was upset and that it was cancelled. Good to know it's moving along!
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Akitsuki
Veteran

#80 Post by Akitsuki »

Ghost #9 wrote:

Phew! For a second I thought she really cancelled the project. Thanks for the info! I might as well visit her blog for updates then!

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#81 Post by Pyonkotchi »

*they not she.

Dont worry, the game hasnt been cancelled, yes that was a joke that started because of the caption on this image. long story short someone asked if i really meant that and since im a goofball, I neither confirmed nor denied that claim.

I did have some stressful Life Problems(tm) that made production slow down for a while but I have never considered cancelling the game.

... although I have been neglecting to update as frequently as I'd like, and I haven't updated the thread much at all...

So...! To give you guys an update: i'm slowly working adding new episodes, completing cgs and updating some older art and designs. hopefully soon I'll have some original music for the game as well (I actually already have a few tracks that I got.. Yesterday, im waiting on the musician to finish some more. Yay~!)
I've also gone back and edited the writing from the first demo, and added additional scenes and choice menus. and i finished designing a CG gallery which will be put in once I've finished a few more of the CGs

I'm not sure if I mentioned it on the mwdh blog or if i only posted about it on my personal tumblr but right now I'm working on finishing last three of the seven "introductory episodes" (the first four were the ones in the first demo) those will sent to be beta tested and read, then I'm working on the next 7 or so episodes, once that is finished, tested, edited, etc, then I will upload the longer, final demo

also Alex's birthday is this month, January 13th, thats not an update I just thought you'd all like to know.

Akitsuki
Veteran

#82 Post by Akitsuki »

^ ACK! Sorry, didn't realize--

ANYWAY. I saw the pose CGs!! Man, I totally didn't expect to see Alex and Liam posing they just look so HHHNNNGGGGG CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM IN THE GAME. Good luck with everything and thanks for letting us know!

Oh, and since it's already 13th in my place, happy birthday Alex! :D

Pyonkotchi
Veteran

#83 Post by Pyonkotchi »

I almost forgot to post here orz

copypasted from the mwdh tumblr:

It’s been a long time since I posted new MWDH content and I know a lot of people have been getting impatient lol. I’m almost ready to release a longer demo soon but in the meantime I updated the current four episode demo:

https://pyonkotchi.itch.io/mwdh-demo

the new four episode demo has updated art and a few new choices and scenes. There are a few new CGs however a lot of art is still unfinished right now lol. There’s sure to be grammar errors and mistakes that I haven’t caught, those will be fixed in the next demo update, let me know if you have any errors lol.

If you haven’t tried the demo yet this is a good time to do that :^V

the next demo update will have three more episodes added, so you’ll have a chance to finally see Alex and Liam as magical boys, as well as meet Amber

I also mentioned on my blog that im hoping to post the next update by the end of the month :^) if you're not already following the MWDH tumblr it would be a good idea to follow me there since I post there more often lmfao orz

LizardRobot
Regular
Projects: A Town Called Shanty
Organization: Lizard Robot
Deviantart: lizrobot

#84 Post by LizardRobot »

I played the demo! It's very fun, I love the art, and the UI design is so creative! The pop-ups that appear are really cute and fun. Liam is definitely my favorite so far. The game is so shiny and magical, I look forward to more!

Kitty

#85 Post by Kitty »

This is one of the best demos I've found on this site. I know you've been working on this for awhile, but I dearly hope you will not give up on this project. It's everything I've ever asked for concentrated in a game. Pretty guys, cute girls, developped characters, lots and lots and lots of pink, magical girls vs meanies... Also the writing is pretty good and, even if there are a few typos here and there, the story got me hooked! The plot seems very interesting and it's well constructed, the sprites and CGs are gorgeous and I've grown attached to the characters already.

Here's a few things that made it particuliarly good for me:
♡ The Aikatsu poster in Valerie's room.
♡ Valerie's thick eyebrows.
♡ The way the sprites change when the characters get beaten up.
♡ Dark skinned magical girls.
♡ Chubby magical girl.
♡ Magical boys.
♡ The perfect balance between school life, friendship relationships and fighting evil.
Zacharie.

Pyonkotchi
Veteran

#86 Post by Pyonkotchi »

Aaaa thank you everyone for the comments, I read all of them even if I don't respond. it's what Fuels me >:^)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I updated the demo again! Episodes 1-5 are now available for public download on itch!

Those of you who haven’t played the demo yet, now is a good time to do so
https://pyonkotchi.itch.io/mwdh-demo

and for those of you who feel like one new episode just isnt enough. I also uploaded episode 6 on patreon. for a minimum of one dollar you can get early access to MWDH content!

The game of course will remain free so don't worry, its just an extra perk for patreon supporters who want to read new episodes a bit earlier than others

Harmonywish
Regular

Re: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart [Otome][DEMO] Update 2/6/1

#87 Post by Harmonywish »

I just played episode 5 and aw, I ship Valerie and Alex so so much! Alex makes me laugh so hard, and his siblings are amazingly sweet as well! That cliff hanger at the end tho :o Ahhh! My expectations are very much fulfilled, thank you! Super excited for Chapter 6! This game is absolutely amazing and <3 I adore the story line. Thank you for making this game <3

With the addition of Amber, I was wondering if there was going to be any more characters? The introduction of them all seems far from done! >w< I love the different representation the game has, and I do hope they might be an Chinese character I could relate to personally maybe?~
My favorite part has to be when Clover said "I can't deal with this". I do hope Valerie never changes <3

Pyonkotchi
Veteran

Re: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart [Otome][DEMO] Update 2/6/1

#88 Post by Pyonkotchi »

Oh boy another update dump of sorts. some of you might have noticed I started making some of my own backgrounds in sketchup and I posted some of them for free use here

A few other backgrounds i made

New sprites, finally valeries family has complete sprites!

This is Valerie's older brother Nolan

and Val's dad

As for story development, episode 7 is halfway through scripting and will be updated sometime this month! Not sure if i want to be mean and make it patreon only, therefore forcing everyone to deal with the cliffhanger waiting in episode 6, or if i should be nice and post both of them on itch at the same time

I updated the front page (finally!) with new profiles that have shiny updated art
Also remember to follow the tumblr blog and twitter, which both get updated much more frequently

Pyonkotchi
Veteran

Re: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart [GxB/G/NB][DEMO] Update 2/

#89 Post by Pyonkotchi »

July Update I guess

I Updated valerie's sprite, Made some minor adjustments but more importantly I added sprite animations in game, which I'm really excited about because I wanted to do this for a while lol!
Image Image
Valerie's are being replaced first but next I'll work on adding animations and arm poses for the other characters as well.

I spoke about it on my tumblr but more than likely the game is going to be released as a commercial project when it's complete. The bright side of this is that if that happens, a free version with less content will still be released along side it, I still want to release a version that is available for everyone to play.
The game will also be partially voice when its released as well, Auditions are not open yet but keep an eye out if you're interested in voicing a character :^3c

Those of you who frequent facebook for some reason can now follow MWDH updates there as well!
https://www.facebook.com/DiamondHeartVN/

There's also been plenty of other artwork and other minor updates that you can check out on Twitter and Tumblr,
Be sure to follow MWDH on social media because I update far more frequently, and check out my Patreon page for more exclusive content

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

Re: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart [GxB/G/NB][DEMO] Update 2/

#90 Post by noeinan »

Aaaah, those sprite animations look great! I'm super excited to see the rest of them~

If you don't mind, I was wondering how you did that code-wise? Does the newest version of Ren'Py support gifs, or did you use ATL somehow on a sprite?