Hiring for many things - mostly artists. (Closed)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Brimney

Hiring for many things - mostly artists. (Closed)

#1 Post by Brimney »

Hey there, I’m Brimney. I’m working on a game called Another Chance. Here’s the main thread and demo:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=44872

But the reason I’m posting is that I need sprite artists and background artists and - heck, if you think you can help me and want to get paid, I can use your help.

My game involves a young woman recovering from a horrific relationship, so trigger warnings for abuse and rape. If you’re uncomfortable with those subject, even though they are only touched on in passing, I completely understand.

Now, for starters, I’m interested in sprites for my main 4 characters - three men, one woman. I’ll post their ‘concept sprites’ below. If possible, I’d like some additional sprites for background characters and one cat character, but that can be negotiated.

For the main characters, I’d like a full body sprite and angry, happy, confused, and upset reactions. Additionally, because I’m a pervert, the men have shirtless scene and will need shirtless sprites (Jane may appear in just a bra). Though there will be sexual themes, there will be no sex scenes.

I’m leaning towards a more western style than anime-style, but I’m willing to compromise.

The sprites would be for the following characters:

Jane - any ethnicity. Early 20’s. Longer hair. Shy demeanor, probably has her arms crossed often.

Ben -White. Later 20’s. Red hair. Medium build. Kinda childish.

Roger - Black. Mid 20’s. Shy, tall. Bit of a nerd.

Noah - Asian/White. Scholarly. Glasses and goatee. Mid 30’s.

Growly - Roger’s cat. Cute. A grump.

I’m also looking for someone to do cgs. Probably about 5-7 per guy. Probably one for Jane alone.

There’s always a need for proofreaders, playtesters, and editors so if you’re up for it, that’s cool too.

Logos? Logos! I need a logo and an icon. I unfortunately don’t exactly have an idea of what I want, but I’m thinking something cliche like a rainbow butterfly - transformation and all that. You have another idea - I’d love to hear it. Seriously, tell me, I’m interested!

Music is pretty awesome. You like the idea, and think you got the music to make it really pop? I want you.

Finally, I need a background person. One bedroom per character, plus a meeting space, and some miscellaneous backgrounds (zoo, sports stadium, other fun stuff.)

So, when is the deadline? There really isn't one right now. I'm about 30% through the script, and while I plan to finish it in the next few months, I expect it will be edited into the fall.

Anyway, all this will be paid! I got money, you got talent, let’s make a partnership!

Edit:

Holy hell guys, the responses are amazing! I'm going to get through as many people as I can, but I do have to go to work today, so if I don't respond today, don't get discouraged!

Alright my lovelies, still looking through tons of talent! For anyone else interested, please put what you're applying for in your message titles, and send me an estimate of how much you'd like for your work, please!

Yep, another edit:

I've gotten so many wonderful offers, thank you all! I'll be looking through them all and making a choice soon. You can still submit your portfolio if you wish, this process will take maybe another week. I still can use some more need logo, cg and gui designers.

Final edit:

Thanks to everyone who applied! Right now I've gathered a fine team, so I'm closing this thread.
Last edited by Brimney on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

shotgunRunner
Organization: shotgunRunner Art
Soundcloud: shotgunrunner

Re: Hiring for many things - mostly artists.

#2 Post by shotgunRunner »

Hello! I've sent you a PM regarding the music, and I hope you get to read it soon!

ShiroNiji
Tumblr: hakuniji
Deviantart: hakuniji

#3 Post by ShiroNiji »

Hi there// I'm interested in working on character designs. Here is my post with my portfolio link inside: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=44614

Brimney

#4 Post by Brimney »

Okay my lovelies. I've gotten a lot of wonderful sprite artists. I want to respond to you all, and I think posting here will be best.

You all have amazing talents.

For sprite artists, I just need a few particular questions answered along with a portfolio sample (which all of you have provided):

How much compensation do you want for what the project requires (4 main characters + about 5 expressions each, and one cat.)

Are you comfortable with:

- drawing the 3 main guys naked from the waist up.

- drawing the female protagonist with only a bra on from the waist up

- a diverse cast (multiple ethnicites, one 'older' chast member with a beard)

How long do you think the work will take (I'm in no rush, so this is just a general question, not a weeding-out one)

Are you up for CGs or just sprites?

Sorry again, hope it's okay for me to post that here.

Korochi
Regular

#5 Post by Korochi »

Hi Brimney,

I just sent you PM, applying as composer. Hope we can discuss about it in near future. :)

Vnigma
Regular
Projects: Origin of War
Organization: VNigma

#6 Post by Vnigma »

I am Interested in Editor/proofreader and Artist. I can start working on the characters if u want

rakatb
Tumblr: rakatb
Deviantart: rakatb
Soundcloud: rakatb

#7 Post by rakatb »

Im already pm for bg position

Brimney

#8 Post by Brimney »

Alright loves, here's a wee update.

I've found a GUI artist and a Sprite artist. Thank you everyone else for applying, I will consider those I've seen for this project for future projects, if you're interested. I am still looking for a cg artist, so I may still contact you.

I'll be making a decision on background and music artists soon.

Once I finish the script (hopefully this month or next) I'll hire a proof writer.

Thanks again everyone for your patience!

Vnigma
Regular
Projects: Origin of War
Organization: VNigma

#9 Post by Vnigma »

I am comfortable with partial nudity(waist-up) plus the CG part

wmag

#10 Post by wmag »

Hi, Im interested in the background work,,

Please see few works here if im fit for the project.

http://wmag.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks

KiwisCorner
Deviantart: KiwisCorner

#11 Post by KiwisCorner »

Hi! your game sounds interesting and I'm interested if you're still looking for an artist!
you can find examples of my art on my website

www.kiwiscorner.ca

as for payment we can talk about that if you're willing to work with me :)

Thanks,
Kiwi
My Website and Portfolio: www.kiwiscorner.ca
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Venom Wolf
Projects: Tourist Trap
Deviantart: kyroonalanas
itch: infinitestrike

#12 Post by Venom Wolf »

Are you still looking for a proof-reader or editor? I can also do beta testing.

heavyblade
Regular
Projects: Lucifer's Curse
Organization: Splitin2kun

#13 Post by heavyblade »

Hey! Are you still looking for artists?
I'd love to apply. Here's my portfolio: http://rsalimnarayanan.wixsite.com/portfolio
You can access my deviantArt here: http://drwafu.deviantart.com/

Thank you!
Want to hire me for commissions? E-mail me at rsalimnarayanan@gmail[dot]com

Avantharis
Regular
Tumblr: avantharis
Deviantart: Avantharis

#14 Post by Avantharis »

Hello, I am interested

Here is my my pixiv profile (illustrations) - https://pixiv.me/avantharis and my artstation profile (illustration and 3d models) - https://avantharis.artstation.com/
My Pixiv Profile: https://pixiv.me/avantharis