Programmer looking for hire [Closed]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
poohe

Programmer looking for hire [Closed]

#1 Post by poohe »

Hi everyone, I'm a programmer that's currently looking for work and also get my name more out there in the community. I can code in Unity3D and I can code in Ren'py and I can quickly learn other visual novel creating software if needed. I'd be more than happy to work for anyone who's creating a visual novel and doesn't want to dabble with the programming side of it. I'd prefer it to be a paid job than free. Let me know if you would like to hire me, it'd be really appreciated and I would work really hard to make the novel a success. Reply to this thread or send me a private message or my email poohe-chan@hotmail.com . Once we've decided to work together, I'd like to add you on Discord for ease of communication and we'll sort out details on there.

The most recent project I've worked on is the visual novel Princess of Desire, by Eternal Ninja Gaming. The full version of the game hasn't been released yet, but there's a demo. http://www.princessofdesire.co.uk/download.html

Thanks a lot for your time and please consider adding me to your visual novel team.

Any questions? Is there something I missed out?

Just ask them on the thread or the contact I listed above and I'll definitely answer them.
Last edited by poohe on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

worldismyne
Projects: McCarthy Academy
Organization: Sonora Productions
Tumblr: worldismyne

Re: Programmer looking for hire [OPEN]

#2 Post by worldismyne »

Hello, I'm a newbie that's working on the rough draft of a project and trying to make contacts and I would love to have programmers on the team. The project is still in it's fledgling stages at the moment, and I'm trying to gauge how much funds I would need to gather together. You mentioned that you would prefer to be paid. What is your going salary at the moment? I would also like to know what specific mechanics you programmed in the Princess of Desire?

Thank you for your time.

poohe

Re: Programmer looking for hire [OPEN]

#3 Post by poohe »

Ooh, hello! I was paid £7.50 per hour for my work on my previous project, princess of desire. Since there wasn't any other programmer, my main job was programming all the GUI into the game. The game Princess of Desire wasn't a mechanical heavy game, it's a lot more like reading a long story with multiple paths. So my other job was to program was the paths the player took so I can determine which character's story the player would be reading. (As would the player be reading a story based around falling in love with the black haired person or that blue haired person) and I kept track of whether the player will receive a good or bad ending and if the player switched to another storyline during their play. Hope the helps you. ^^

May I ask a few questions, how many programmers do you have, if any, on your team already? And what the game is briefly about?