Looking for a programmer and artists for a VN project

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#16 Post by Taleweaver »

I don't want to give anything about the plot away in this forum. Give me some credentials (i.e. some samples of your art) and I'll mail you a plot overview.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

qq
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate- BG artist

#17 Post by qq »

TW, no I wouldn't mind being a background artist at all, and if you need any other help with art, I'll do it. Let see if I get a bamboo forest drawn for you.

RedSlash
Veteran

#18 Post by RedSlash »

Taleweaver wrote:I don't want to give anything about the plot away in this forum. Give me some credentials (i.e. some samples of your art) and I'll mail you a plot overview.
Ha? I would assume you mean by sending in samples, I'd be applying for your art position? I guess I only really wanted to know a brief overview just to know what to expect. Kind of like a trailer to a movie.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer

#19 Post by Taleweaver »

You'll get the trailer as soon as the project is at least on its way. As I'm still in the act of assembling the team (though I might be close to finishing that; I need one more person giving me feedback), I won't say too much too early. Expect a rather complex VN though, longer and more complicated than MetroBlues, with a strong emphasis on character interaction. First-person POV, but as a story being told and not as a description of "what's just happening". It's a fantasy setting, and I think it hasn't been done like this before.

More as soon as I know more.
More about me in my blog

lanithro

#20 Post by lanithro »

Hi- are there still openings for artists? I can't provide links, but I can email over some art samples if you're interested. I'm pretty terrible at background art, but I can do a nice job with character art if it fits the style you're after.

email me at lanithroATbonbon.net (AT -> @) and I can email you sketches.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#21 Post by mikey »

You sure aim high, TW (and you've *finally* fixed your missing avatar, it bugged me to no end!! Thanks!) but just one question:

River Trap has around 13 000 words, well, if you substract all the endings and just take one, that will leave you with around 10 000 words which an average reader will do in 1 hour of play. (tested)

Metropolitan Blues as you mentioned will have 25 000 words (hard to say just how branched the story will be and how much script will be re-used) but let's say a healthy 15 000 words until you reach one ending - that would mean 1+1/2 hours of gameplay.

Judging from the posts, with Foxtaile being substantially bigger than MetroBlues, just how big is this game going to be? :D Three hours? Four? Plus replay value (knowing your taste, it will have plot branches not only for the sake of plot branches, but real side stories and different outcomes), if you succeed, well, isn't that going to be the first full-length fan-made game? :D

So take this encouragement, along with that silent "hope you have it well thought-out." Bad things happened to big projects in the pre-RenPy past... :( Good luck.

darkknight
Veteran

#22 Post by darkknight »

Taleweaver wrote:Expect a rather complex VN though, longer and more complicated than MetroBlues
Longer than MetroBlues....NOOOOOOOO the fans cant take the wait

lol
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#23 Post by Taleweaver »

I am aiming so high with "Foxtaile" because this time, I might actually have a professional team by my side. The game as a whole could have around twice the size of MetroBlues, but that remains to be seen. It won't have as many endings as MetroBlues, though.
More about me in my blog

darkknight
Veteran

#24 Post by darkknight »

Okay Okay I get it
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

RedSlash
Veteran

#25 Post by RedSlash »

I am aiming so high with "Foxtaile" because this time, I might actually have a professional team by my side.
Ooh.. Now you're adding suspense. I guess you've completed your task of assembling the teams together. Shouldn't you finish MetroBlues first?

darkknight
Veteran

#26 Post by darkknight »

I think taleweaver is having nightmares about MetroBlues by now

I have a picture now!!!!!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#27 Post by mikey »

Hmm... hope you don't mean to go commercial with it... Professional team? As for "good quality" people, or "paid" people? I get it! You got your hands on Yang's award-winning marketing plan! :P :P

RedSlash >> I'd also like to play it... with NaNoRenO around the corner... who knows how much time I'll have - and I definitely want to take my time playing. It should be the biggest game yet. :D I'm really looking forward!

RedSlash
Veteran

#28 Post by RedSlash »

"Paid"?? Sign me up! *Me prepares resume for TW* :)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#29 Post by Taleweaver »

Shouldn't you finish MetroBlues first?
Well... MY work for MetroBlues is finished. Don't forget it's still a Lemmasoft game, with great original character art by eclipse and really enchanting music by TJ Moir.

Having said that, I don't think I won't be giving to much away by telling you that, if they want that relationship, I'm probably going to work on "Foxtaile" with EsperKnight and maybe some others from ClearWind Design Studios. We still don't really have an art team, so if you think you're good (AND if you do manga art - the last person who sent in pictures was a great fantasy artist, but I definitely want to keep the manga feel of a VN), keep contacting me.
More about me in my blog

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#30 Post by mikey »

Hmmm, so this is your *first* project? (VN project of course)

I always thought you had the initial idea for MB and was overseeing it sort of.

People from CWDS? Interesting, interesting... :D Hope it works out.

Oh, about the picture... that was just Netscape not showing the missing image, so... fix it!!! :? *pleeeease*